PCM Diagnostics & Tuning - I don't know anything about vehicle emissions

JR422
04-23-2012, 10:54 PM
Alright, so im looking at putting some headers on my 99 trans am. I've seen guys who dont even have their EGR hooked up to the exhaust. I want to know how they do this, and still get their tags. I think there are programs on tuners or something that can trick the computer? should I get one?
Also, is there a way around O2 sensors if I have a bad cat and planned on gutting it? Or will it still throw a code? I am trying to not spend a ton of money on exhaust (Catylitic Converters=$$) If anything, expanding my knowledge on this subject would be greatly appreciated.

1slowbusa
04-24-2012, 01:56 AM
Where are you located. You have to check your local laws. Here in PA if we drive under 5000 miles a year we do not have to the emissions testing only visual inspection.
I have deleted my egr by just ordering headers without the egr connections. That simple, you just remove all the egr. I then disabled it in the program including alrms with HP tuners.
For the o2s sensors you can delete the rears in the program so they do not throw a code. You will need to keep the front o2s though.

Hope this helps