Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Opportunity for a meet / Car show in VA Beach

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2012, 08:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Opportunity for a meet / Car show in VA Beach

What's going on guys? So i was told by my Battalion Sergeant Major today, that i was to put on a car show for the orgizational day. I need to have as many people as i can for this thing. So i came here first. The orgizational day will be on June 1st. I owe you guys a time still. It will be on Fort Story in VA Beach. As most of you are military anyway, you wont have a problem getting on post. I have set up a burnout competition, live music and possible media coverage. im in the process of getting dash plaques and trophys as well. There will be as much BBQ, burgers and hot dogs as you guys can eat. I will fill you all in with more details as the events unfold. I would like your feedback, what you like to see and do? I have this entire thing on my shoulders with the blessings and bank account of the U.S. Army.
Old 04-24-2012, 08:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Darn it! I was planning on coming down to VA Beach for a couple days with the car on vacation and to see a buddy who is in the service but those plans got kinda ruined so I was looking for another excuse to come down but June 1st is the day before I'm going up for the Ford Nationals at Carlisle with another buddy. Too bad this show isn't in Mid-Late May!
Old 05-25-2012, 09:29 PM

Ok fellas, the car show is still a go, sorry I haven't been on, been busy and hit a few snags with the new website. From the looks of it, this is going to be a killer show. But it's not going to be possible without you guys. I have coronated with the Sergeant Major and the battalion XO, There will be trophys for 1-3 place, as well as dash plaques for everyone who attends. We have a live band coming in, don't know their names yet, more to follow there. Registration will begin at 0930 on June 1st 2012. The show will be held at the car wash on post. I need a definite list of who is coming so I can turn it into the provost Marshall, that way there is no vehicle search. There will be plenty of food for everyone, so please bring your family with you. You can check out the cars, the Cape Henry lighthouse, the post, and the beach!

Rules:

ATTIRE:
This is a family event, please dress accordingly. ( no booty shorts, midriffs, slanderous / racist shirts, stuff like that)

NO HORSEPLAY:
Guys, I know some of you have some badass machines, feel free to rev all you want, but no racing, j-hooking, that sort of thing.

NO PETS: LTC dosent want em. Sorry

THINGS TO CONSIDER:

SPREAD THE WORD The more people I can get into this thing, the better our chances are of doing it again.

BRING SNACKS, it's supposed to be hot.

More details to follow, and any questions, comments, concerns, please message or drop a text. 757-282-8586
Old 05-30-2012, 02:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm in... I have a set of old Nitto's that I can utterly destroy in the burnout competition. Oh, YEAH...
Old 05-30-2012, 03:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Damn, I'm actually off on Friday but have to watch the kids all day, otherwise, I'd bring one of the cars out.