Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

just a question

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2004, 08:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default just a question

I dont want to sound like a complete idiot, but i know very little about nitrous.
So that is why i am asking this question. I know it has to be installed and tuned properly just a like a turbo or blower, and if you are spraying alot you need a forged motor. My question is if the bottle is full does it last as long as you hold down the button, forgive me for sounding like a newbie.

Brandon
Old 03-27-2004, 09:22 AM
Restricted User

No hold buttons. Theres normally two switches. One is mounted to the TB, this is the WOT switch. Then there is the Arming Switch (AS). So, you open bottle, flip the AS to on, and then when you floor the accelerator, the WOT trips, this sends 12v thru the circuit to the solenoids and spray happens. The nitrous and fuel will flow as long as the circuit is open (if it was a push button, then yes as long as you held it down) there is Nitrous. You can also read the sticky at the top of this section, look at the Colonels Nitrous Files as well as others.
Old 03-28-2004, 02:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks man, I feel better now. Sorry for sounding like a newbie.

Brandon
Old 03-28-2004, 03:45 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Actually If you held it open until the bottle went empty you would more than likely melt the solenoid.They are not desighned for that.
Dave