LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

??? Lowing Springs ???

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2012, 12:37 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ??? Lowing Springs ???

I suspect I'm due for rear springs but instead of going with OE replacements I'd like to go with a set of loweing springs so I have a question for anyone running them. Will they affect my ability to have rear seat passengers or my ability to carry cargo in the trunk,i.e the subwoofer box I currently have installed???? And does anyone have a link to them???
Old 04-28-2012, 01:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

more of the shock then the actual spring. replace the springs u wont see much a difference, especially if u get lowering springs.if u do get springs though get the heightening ones they make for our cars. function over form. itll help keep weight on the front end and will compensate for your subs as well
Old 04-28-2012, 06:16 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by gxp-miller-gxp
more of the shock then the actual spring. replace the springs u wont see much a difference, especially if u get lowering springs.if u do get springs though get the heightening ones they make for our cars. function over form. itll help keep weight on the front end and will compensate for your subs as well
Huh I think hes tryin' to lower the car lol. If you go with lowering springs they should have a stiffer spring rate so you wouldn't have issues with passengers and or subs. My car is low, really low and never had any probs with the 2 15's and 6cu.ft box in the trunk. Ill let someone else chime in on the springs to run tho cuz I just used a universal spring and wouldn't really recommend going that route. You can also modify the lower strut bracket so it sits higher on the strut... that will lower the car as well and maintain the factory ride.

Edit: gxp-miller, i misread ur post my bad.

If u think ur springs are goin bad, its prolly actually ur struts that are worn out. Best time to lower it would be now tho since ur gonna have it all tore apart newayz
Old 04-28-2012, 06:50 PM
Launching!

thanks for the info.....BTW The springs for cars w/sub boxes are only for the 97-03 cars.
Old 05-05-2012, 02:20 PM
Teching In

I wish I could get my rear to sit higher than what it is now. With 15s in the trunk and a 3500lbs rate hitch (you cant see it unless you know its there and are looking) I ride noticeably lower in the rear. And before anyone jumps on about not towing and what not, its on there to tow my bike to the track.
Old 05-05-2012, 08:32 PM
Teching In

I had Eibach lowering springs paired with KYB AGX struts on my 03 Monte SS which was a nice setup. Have spent a little time looking around at struts and lowering springs for my 06 SS but there's not really tons of options out there for our cars. I have heard good things about SSC lowering springs for the Monte Carlo, as well as any of the LS4 powered cars. The ride of the SSC on the GXP is suppose to be very nice.

SSC website: www.superiorsportchassis.com

Quick Reply: ??? Lowing Springs ???