Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

lingenfelter and MSD 2-steps....

Old 04-28-2012, 06:51 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default lingenfelter and MSD 2-steps....

Looking at the lingenfelter and MSD 2-steps.. ive searched and read about both and the MSD seems to win as far as functionality. Everyone said the LNC-003 lingenfelter has problems, but it was always saying "ive heard of a guy....." never seen a first hand experience. I really like the idea of the cut-torque feature between gear shifts, so u can keep the throttle buried when your shifting with the LNC-003. but, i dont want a piece of ****....does the MSD do the same? id liket o wire it to an on/off switch, then have it activated by pressing the clutch pedal when its on. that way when im on the street, i can rev it without it hitting the 2-step. i want to know some first hand experience wit both of these...no hear say.

thanks
Old 04-29-2012, 06:45 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

im wondering the same thing!!!
Old 04-29-2012, 07:55 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the lingenfelter and love it. I only have it to clutch switch. And set at 5500-6000 for track. I finally got my tick adjusted to where it needs to be and its amazing. The no lift shift is weird at first but once u do it a few times and aren't afraid its great. I've had it well over a year with no problems. Also comes with great instructions for all different options. But I haven't heard of anything bad about the msd though. I just don't think the torque cut is there for the msd.
Old 04-30-2012, 01:04 AM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by allout06
Looking at the lingenfelter and MSD 2-steps.. ive searched and read about both and the MSD seems to win as far as functionality. Everyone said the LNC-003 lingenfelter has problems, but it was always saying "ive heard of a guy....." never seen a first hand experience. I really like the idea of the cut-torque feature between gear shifts, so u can keep the throttle buried when your shifting with the LNC-003. but, i dont want a piece of ****....does the MSD do the same? id liket o wire it to an on/off switch, then have it activated by pressing the clutch pedal when its on. that way when im on the street, i can rev it without it hitting the 2-step. i want to know some first hand experience wit both of these...no hear say.

thanks
Why would you think the LNC-003 is a POS? From my experience it works great & appears to be a well made product. It plugs right into the coils & theres a small amount of wiring you have to do & theres many different configurations with detailed wiring diagram examples & instructions. I cant speak for the MSD unit though.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: lingenfelter and MSD 2-steps....