Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

advice on inake manifold???

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2012, 07:58 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default advice on inake manifold???

Well thanks to you all for the advice on headers Kooks 1 7/8 with the X-Pipe set up it turned out great now I'm on to my intake manifold I'm between LS6 or Professional products Typhoon 96mm so I dnt knw which one to get so any advice or experience?
Old 04-28-2012, 08:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I have heard that the Typhoon has a problem with heat soak and sealing, they are also a heavy unit when compared to the others. However, they are cheaper than a FAST and are said to yield more power than an LS6, but the LS6 has been proven to work time and time again on tons of different applications. So, each intake has it's pros and cons I would say.
Old 04-29-2012, 12:18 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I believe the typhoon is a china intake from profession products.I had a profession product intake for my sbc ,it was not as good as the elderbrock intake.consider a weiand or a BBK intake.they flow better then a ls6 intake and can be ported.sense no coolant flows through them the don't trap much heat.the stay cool if air is running through them.
Old 04-29-2012, 11:09 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

wouldnt trade my ls6
Old 04-29-2012, 11:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I've actually worked with the professional products manifold on a buddies GTO and I have the ls6 manifold off his. I love my ls6 manifold compared to my ls1. That said, we had problems with his manifold blowing gaskets. We called Professional Products and had them send us some of the newer updated gaskets that were "suppose" to fix the blowing gasket problem after blowing the older style paper gaskets and it did just that, we haven't had any problems since putting those gaskets in and he's put some miles on since replacing the gaskets. Like said before though, it is a HEAVY unit, emphasis on the HEAVY.
Old 04-29-2012, 03:24 PM
Launching!

Another alternative is the ls2 ported unit. Supossed to flow a but bettor than a ls6. Might be able to save and wait for a used FAST set up. I personally love my ls6. And if I go nitrous route I'll send it out for a money maker kit I think. BBK seems like a decent unit but it's weight is the down side not the "heat soak".