View Full Version : Help me choose a direction for my next project.

B0dyDr0pp3d
04-28-2012, 09:19 PM
So I'm selling my bagged and body dropped 72 C/10 for a good chunk of $$$... I am going to be in the market for a new project next week but I want to do it smart and try to make money off of the build. Right now I'm thinking I want like a 50's or 60's Chevy Sedan, like a rat body that I can chop myself. Then I want to drop an LS1 in it. But I'm open to maybe an old Cadillac, or an even older rat rod. Probably going to go with airbags again but no trucks. What do you all think? I was thinking I could rescue an old car or truck around here for about a grand, get like a $2,000ish LS1, and try to keep most of the project under 5k... But I'll have a lot more than that if I really wanna get crazy with it.

Maybe theres other cool shit I havent thought about.

Mr.Powers
04-28-2012, 10:31 PM
ever consider a cobra kit car? look good, they can yield a small profit if you don't go overboard, and you do the majority of the work.

B0dyDr0pp3d
04-28-2012, 11:08 PM
ever consider a cobra kit car? look good, they can yield a small profit if you don't go overboard, and you do the majority of the work.

Its funny you mention the cobra replica because thats exactly what my roommate just started doing. He bought a foxbody for parts for like $250 and is using the rearend, steering, and some other stuff. I just need to do something different then him but thanks for the suggestion.

AznMuscle
05-01-2012, 09:44 AM
Pics of said c10? I lub me those trucks.