Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

No response from TEA...

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2012, 05:23 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No response from TEA...

Hey guys,

Anyone here had dealings with TEA? I've sent 4 email inquiries over the last month regarding a set of their TFS 225cc heads for a 6.0L LS2 supercharged project but alas no response.

Alternatively does anyone have a good head/cam recommendation for the aforementioned 6.0L, it will be running a stock LS2 bottom end with a TVS2300 style PD supercharger. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

Regards,
Dave.
Old 04-30-2012, 05:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Could always go the ls3 top end route. Its not costly, and yeilds good results, especially with you being supercharged.
Old 04-30-2012, 05:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

contact TSP on here, they have very good products and the folks from there post on here daily. and have replied to me asap about inquiries.
Old 04-30-2012, 05:51 PM
Flow Wizard

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

OP,

If you really want to try to get in touch with someone, the phone is usually best.

Emails are great tools but at the end of the today the phone is much more direct.

-Tony

Last edited by Tony Mamo @ AFR; 04-30-2012 at 08:17 PM.
Old 04-30-2012, 06:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by BOTTLEDUP
Hey guys,

Anyone here had dealings with TEA? I've sent 4 email inquiries over the last month regarding a set of their TFS 225cc heads for a 6.0L LS2 supercharged project but alas no response.

Alternatively does anyone have a good head/cam recommendation for the aforementioned 6.0L, it will be running a stock LS2 bottom end with a TVS2300 style PD supercharger. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

Regards,
Dave.
Call them and leave a message, they will return your call. I just got a set of heads in last week from them for a build im doing.
Old 04-30-2012, 06:43 PM
12 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Try calling them bud, ask for Mike. He's a really nice guy.
Old 04-30-2012, 07:33 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Calling would be alot better.
Old 04-30-2012, 08:40 PM
12 Second Club

You kno how many people mail them,I would call man.. Good luck!!
Old 04-30-2012, 09:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I understand your frustration. Guess I'm alone. When I call people about a big purchase I forget details and get excited. It's easier to remember everything in an email. I would call them but if they don't answer move on to the next manufacturer. Competition is a bitch and they will either get better or eventually go out of buisness.
Old 04-30-2012, 09:46 PM
12 Second Club

^^^^wow good business advice
Maybe you should calm down before a "big" purchase and get out a notepad and pen?

Op I'm sure they'll call you back bud.
Old 05-01-2012, 12:11 AM
Teching In

Thanks everyone, only issue with calling is the time difference down here in Western Australia. I think I might have it resolved through a third party who has a good working arrangement with TEA. I fully understand businesses can be very busy (I'm in the same game down here) but just an acknowledgment that someone has read your email would be nice.
Old 05-01-2012, 10:41 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by t/a98
I understand your frustration. Guess I'm alone. When I call people about a big purchase I forget details and get excited. It's easier to remember everything in an email. I would call them but if they don't answer move on to the next manufacturer. Competition is a bitch and they will either get better or eventually go out of buisness.
I do the saem thing and find it easier to email but I usually establish contact through the phone first. Last dealings that I had with TEA was a month ago. It took a couple of calls but they called me back no problem.
Old 05-01-2012, 08:17 PM
ctd
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Each business is different in their communication style. Myself I send an email initially asking how they prefer contact, email or phone.

I'm curious though, seems there are some very good heads guys In Aussie land ....no?
Old 05-01-2012, 08:42 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its 2012 if you don't have someone responding to emails your behind the curve, no matter how busy you are. At least thats whay they tell us in school these days.
Old 05-02-2012, 07:45 AM
Launching!

I am also in the minority, it is 2012 and email is a million times better than the phone for purchasing expensive items. It provides a record of what was agreed to, price, specs, dates, shipping addresses...etc. I have had MULTIPLE people verbally tell me this or that and when i call back a week later they say, "I wouldn't have told you that." When in fact they did and I wrote it down as we were talking...

Go AFR, he will answer msgs here or email
Old 05-02-2012, 07:48 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by litle88
^^^^wow good business advice
Maybe you should calm down before a "big" purchase and get out a notepad and pen?

Or maybe the company should answer emails if they have an email address!!
Old 05-02-2012, 01:34 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by BOTTLEDUP
Hey guys,

Regards,
Dave.
Dave, You have a reply.
Old 05-02-2012, 04:16 PM
12 Second Club

Now what?....

This isint ms,IBM,Att or Aon companies here on this board or in the same market, get real fellas these are companies for gearheads and enthusiasts. I bet neither one of you have a business degree or a business. If you don't get an "email" reply as soon as you hit send, go elsewhere and stop crying. OP that's not for you, Mike is a good guy and he'll take care of you.
Old 05-02-2012, 04:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

Now what?....

This isint ms,IBM,Att or Aon companies here on this board or in the same market, get real fellas these are companies for gearheads and enthusiasts. I bet neither one of you have a business degree or a business. If you don't get an "email" reply as soon as you hit send, go elsewhere and stop crying. OP that's not for you, Mike is a good guy and he'll take care of you.
Amen.
Old 05-02-2012, 08:14 PM
Launching!

Now what?....

Oh, I am glad you opened the can of worms....

Actually, I did own my own business. I sold titanium cranial reconstruction hardware. I took over at sub $400,000 in sales and brought it to over 1.2million in yearly sales in 4yrs. I averaged 4,000+ minutes a month on my cell, 50,000 miles a year in my car, countless emails...etc. Guess what? If I wasn't "there" for my surgeons I lost their business to one of my 6 competitors who sold the same basic product. Customer service is what made me successful, combined with a nice product. I covered 24/7 (intra-operative support) trauma cases as well as cold calls, lunches, working with residency programs..etc.

I resigned a year ago (as sales were STILL CLIMBING) to go back to school full time, neuroscience degree. Then medical school.

Anytime you want to talk customer service, let me know.

I have been on this board for about 10yrs and quite a few people know me, nothing above is a stretch, if anything it's conservative.

I am sure Mike is a great guy and has an excellent product, but if a customer doesn't get a return email after several there is a glitch that needs to be fixed for long term success.

Again, who is demanding instant response as you put it?? The OP sent 4 emails over a MONTH span. That's generous.

Quick Reply: No response from TEA...