View Full Version : 5.3 brackets

darkfire71
05-03-2012, 10:29 AM
i am doing a 5.3 swap in my 95 camaro and need to know if i need the truck brackets for the power steering and alt or can an ls1 brackets be used?any help would be great

camaroboricua
05-05-2012, 09:10 PM
f body brackets are the preferred method but they are hard to find and expensive. I used the truck bracket but i cut off the alt top and kept the bottom part for PS pump. I moved the alt to the pass side in front of the head. I used a 98 f body water pump. the pulley is attached with four bolts so I went ahead and used spacers on it with longer bolts so that it will work with the truck accessories

Nic Morales
05-05-2012, 09:12 PM
f body brackets are the preferred method but they are hard to find and expensive. I used the truck bracket but i cut off the alt top and kept the bottom part for PS pump. I moved the alt to the pass side in front of the head. I used a 98 f body water pump. the pulley is attached with four bolts so I went ahead and used spacers on it with longer bolts so that it will work with the truck accessories

What bracket did you use to mount the alt. ?

camaroboricua
05-06-2012, 11:46 PM
I used my old third gen alt mounted to one of the tabs on the water pump. then I made two brackets to hold it in place.

Ricky702
08-31-2012, 10:59 AM
Im also in the process of doing a 5.3 swap. I'll be using a LS1 intake mani and i want to use a ls1 water pump also, am I going to be able to use all the other brackets and pulleys with an ls1 water pump?