Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

chugs gas...

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2004, 11:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default chugs gas...

man i finally got my car back from the shop after they installed a few things including a cut out. First thing i did was take the plate off the cut out and ran with it open all the way home. but i noticed something i wasn't quite sure if it would happen or not...that damn thing sucked gas like chasey lane on a...well you get what i mean...is this normal?
T
Old 03-28-2004, 12:06 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my friend had the same issue, only thing i can think of is the air fuel ratio may be off. someone posted that they dynoed with the cut out open and it changed considerably. but im not sure
Old 03-28-2004, 01:42 AM
On The Tree

What did they do? You runnin' any other mods beside cut-out and nawz? The cut-out will increase exhaust flow, lengthening your exhaust pulses some. That in turn helps the car "breathe" better, pulling in more air/fuel into the cylinders, which will increase your fuel consumption some.
Old 03-28-2004, 11:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

lt's, ory, cutout, hookercatback, nitrous kit, ported tb, free mods, lid, ftra (coming soon) and i think thats it. I mean i was aware the gas mileage would go down. wasn't sure if it would go from 3/4 of a tank to a 1/2 tank in the distance i was driving ...on the other hand...how fast i was going could have contributed to it...diddnt seem to eat up as much gas today

but i still notice when i romp on it fuel tank-> <---ls1 but hey ill take it for the nice power boost.
thanks for the replies
T