Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dead alternator fixed - vibrations

Old 05-05-2012, 09:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dead alternator fixed - vibrations

Last night my alternator died, and car died thereafter. It wasn't in the best part of town so I had to get it home. Jumped it 3 times to get it home, along with a few clutch drops to keep it running. It was running rich pretty bad during the end, assuming it's the o2's had quit working without electricity. Would the prolonged running of my engine in this condition screw some stuff up? I'd say it ran back and forth in this condition for maybe 15 minutes.

Today I replaced the alternator along with the stock trans mount for a poly. Now I understand the poly will come with more vibrations than the stock, but it seems like more than I thought it would be. Car seems to be running fine aside from maybe a slight bit of hesitation. Drove around for about 40 miles to get the bugs out after unhooking the battery to reset the computer.

What should I be looking out for, along with what should I check immediately? I know I need to get it tuned, that would help alot as it.
Old 05-06-2012, 01:18 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It will take a little while for the poly to break in. Also i have found that it is best to install it with load on the tires to prevent it from any binding.
Old 05-07-2012, 01:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Car was on a lift, all tires connected to the ground. I'm liking it more and more every time I drive. A little over 100 miles on it now.

Over all it seems to be running more smoothly. But just in case, any ideas what I should be looking out for?

Search this Thread