Street Racing & Kill Stories - 5.0 vs c5z

Pages : [1] 2

View Full Version : 5.0 vs c5z

ZYBORG
05-06-2012, 02:58 PM
Ok here we go again,

So this race emerged out of the below thread in smack down, the topic at hand was basically 5.0's being superior to 03/04 COBRAS....

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/smack-down-cafe-18/846735-new-5-0s-nice-but.html

It was a smackdown thread so obviously everyone was acting like clowns for the most part including myself. Im sure everybody got hella laughts out that ordeal as did I. REMEMBER, ALL IN GOOD FUN! :beer:

I stated that i was willing to race bolton 5.0s as i know that my car with intake and full exhaust has about the same performance as a properly set up and running pulley cobra, thats where FLYNZ came in.

He stated that he would give it a shot. We both met up, he asked for a 40 and asked to honk and i obliged. We did 3 runs on the highway. 1st run was 40-135, 2nd run was 40-125 and the 3rd was 40-120ish.
He also asked for a 30 roll but i declined as i knew id blow my tires off spinning and stay there sitting still.

My mods as always were intake and full exhaust.

5.0 (factory 3.73s) mods were boltons.

Enjoy :usa:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPwzujVcMUA&feature=youtube_gdata_player

ohioborn80
05-06-2012, 03:04 PM
How far was he falling behind?

Heater
05-06-2012, 03:05 PM
Good runs and good kill :cool:

Your exhaust sounds good, but I think I might of told you that before.

bongva
05-06-2012, 03:12 PM
good runs and good kill :cool:

Your exhaust sounds good, but i think i might of told you that before.

:D

car sounds awesome! 5.0 was hanging pretty well!

AWDTBSS
05-06-2012, 03:13 PM
how many cars did you put on him cant tell?
also like how you called that guy a Jelly Fish Mother L-O-L

ZYBORG
05-06-2012, 03:19 PM
Well it was hard to tell,

On the 1st run, we had an even start and we went to about 135, to me it looked like 3 or so cars. And on the 2nd and 3rd runs he was getting a slight jump and we only went to about 125ish, to me it looked like 2 or so cars.

I wish i could have gotten better video and had a straighter road so that we could have taken it to 145 but oh well....

kennyxg
05-06-2012, 03:19 PM
Nice kill! and good driving, do you know if the 5.0 was tuned?

lemons12
05-06-2012, 03:25 PM
Good driving on both parts from what I could tell... Good runs.

He liked getting that hit didn't he. :pimp:

Only to stop the pull and put two on him. :lol:

ZYBORG
05-06-2012, 03:32 PM
The 5.0 guy asked me not to state or comment on that for "warranty" purposes. So you do the math... ;)

AWDTBSS
05-06-2012, 03:55 PM
does he think Ford reads forums? lol seems kind of far fetched would think they have better things to do than to match up usernames with ppl

ZYBORG
05-06-2012, 05:13 PM
does he think Ford reads forums? lol seems kind of far fetched would think they have better things to do than to match up usernames with ppl

Not sure man, just obliging to what he asked for :usa:

ohioborn80
05-06-2012, 06:07 PM

Its has happened to a few people. They do have some people on teh ford forums that follow when some one post they have an issue with there car. It burned a few people listing mods and stuff then issues came up and it led back to them having mods and no warranty.

AWDTBSS
05-06-2012, 06:34 PM
wow that sucks!

38394Z28
05-06-2012, 07:03 PM
Nice runs dude, I lol'ed at the link too. What catback do you have? Sounds awesome in this video.

lemons12
05-06-2012, 07:09 PM
Sounds like a Borla to me...

big hammer
05-06-2012, 07:23 PM
that must be one fast c5z because all bolt on 5.0's run 10's @ 123,000 mph.

00silverGTP
05-06-2012, 08:04 PM
nice runs man. did he have a passenger?

Packy
05-06-2012, 08:20 PM
Good race! Nice video as always.

ZYBORG
05-06-2012, 08:24 PM
Nice runs dude, I lol'ed at the link too. What catback do you have? Sounds awesome in this video.

Borla stinger, i need to take the cats off though so it gets a little louder...

ZYBORG
05-06-2012, 08:26 PM
nice runs man. did he have a passenger?

Nope....Solo ridding

NightmareTA
05-06-2012, 08:29 PM
Nice runs! I would have to say a stock 5.0 would beat a stock termi. Bolt on, IDK. I wouldn't consider a pulley a bolt on though...increasing the boost is not really a bolt on compared to a car thats N/A.

38394Z28
05-06-2012, 08:46 PM
Bolt on, IDK. I wouldn't consider a pulley a bolt on though...increasing the boost is not really a bolt on compared to a car thats N/A.

Sounds like another reason why the Terminator is better ;)

GotHemi?
05-06-2012, 09:26 PM
Good kill and car sounds great!! But TBH I have a really hard time believing you were able to put 2-3 cars on him. You wasnt really pulling him that hard and it was only a few second after he was out of view that yall shut down. Also he was taking a slight jump but yall also werent lines up evenly. It looked as tho the vette was in front a bit at the start of every race.

HioSSilver
05-06-2012, 09:49 PM
Good kill Zyborg!

HioSSilver
05-06-2012, 09:51 PM
Nice runs! I would have to say a stock 5.0 would beat a stock termi. Bolt on, IDK. I wouldn't consider a pulley a bolt on though...increasing the boost is not really a bolt on compared to a car thats N/A.

I agree with the pulley comment. Changing the atmosphere a engine runs in is a bit more than a bolt-on.

ZYBORG
05-06-2012, 09:52 PM
Good kill and car sounds great!! But TBH I have a really hard time believing you were able to put 2-3 cars on him. You wasnt really pulling him that hard and it was only a few second after he was out of view that yall shut down. Also he was taking a slight jump but yall also werent lines up evenly. It looked as tho the vette was in front a bit at the start of every race.

Put the video on full screen and watch it again, look at my mirror...

The first run (40-135ish), if you pay attention you can see him really small in my mirror. That to me looked like 3 cars or so.

The second and third run (40-125ish), you can also see him in my mirror just not as much as in the first race, he took the hit and hence why my pull wasnt as strong as in the first run. Once I put it in 4th is when i would start to have a nice pull

The guy was a great street racer and knows the tricks of the trade, you have no idea how much of a huge impact it is when a car is rolling a little faster than you at the start and takes the hit even if he is behind a little bit it doesnt hurt him because he will be carrying built momentum with him. Its usually very hard to make that up, unless you have a clearly more powerfull car.

Another thing you might want to consider is that the car had 3.73s, he was having to shift to 5th when I was just starting to hit my sweet spot in the power band in 4th. Gears are great for low rolls but usually will hurt you a little if you have to go to 5th to finish a race.

It is what it is, thats what it looked like to me, again its all a matter of perspective and opinion.

GotHemi?
05-06-2012, 09:56 PM
The first run (40-135ish), if you pay attention you can see him really small in my mirror. That to me looked like 3 cars or so.

The second and third run (40-125ish), you can also see him in my mirror just not as much as in the first race, he took the hit and hence why my pull wasnt as strong as in the first run. Once I put it in 4th is when i would start to have a nice pull

The guy was a great street racer and knows the tricks of the trade, you have no idea how much of a huge impact it is when a car is rolling a little faster than you at the start and takes the hit even if he is behind a little bit it doesnt hurt him because he will be carrying built momentum with him. Its usually very hard to make that up, unless you have a clearly more powerfull car.

Another thing you might want to consider is that the car had 3.73s, he was having to shift to 5th when I was just starting to hit my sweet spot in the power band in 4th. Gears are great for low rolls but usually will hurt you a little if you have to go to 5th to finish a race.

It is what it is, thats what it looked like to me, again its all a matter of perspective and opinion.

makes sense. No doubt you have the more powerful car.

Edit: Do you really put down more power? Im thinking the 5.0 might make more but its your weight advantage thats making you the faster car.

ZYBORG
05-06-2012, 09:58 PM
Good kill Zyborg!

Thanks brother,

also for the comment you quoted,

No, from my experience a bone stock 03/04 Cobra is atleast if not a tad bit faster than a bone stock 5.0 and dead even with a 3.73 factory geared bone stock 5.0

ZYBORG
05-06-2012, 10:02 PM
makes sense. No doubt you have the more powerful car.

Edit: Do you really put down more power? Im thinking the 5.0 might make more but its your weight advantage thats making you the faster car.

Were you able to see what I was talking about once you see the vid full screen?

Im not sure if I make more power or not, maybe even or maybe even he puts out more. But I know I have the better power to weight, the race proved that. I definitely didnt out drive or out smarted him as I believe it was actually the other way around, it just wasnt enough to over come my car.

I should only be making around 400rwhp give or take a few...

nevrlift13
05-06-2012, 10:04 PM
nice kill man u rip gears well....id still pick a termi over a 5oh anyday

GotHemi?
05-06-2012, 10:11 PM
Were you able to see what I was talking about once you see the vid full screen?

Im not sure if I make more power or not, maybe even or maybe even he puts out more. But I know I have the better power to weight, the race proved that. I definitely didnt out drive or out smarted him as I believe it was actually the other way around, it just wasnt enough to over come my car.

I should only be making around 400rwhp give or take a few...

Yup i seen what you were talking about!! U need put some damn siveraldo mirrors on that thing!! lol Damn tiny vettes!!

Thats the power i fingured you would be putting down. If hes full bolt on he should be putting down a good bit more. Power to weight ratio is everything tho imo. Gotta love vettes!

NightmareTA
05-06-2012, 10:12 PM
also for the comment you quoted,

No, from my experience a bone stock 03/04 Cobra is atleast if not a tad bit faster than a bone stock 5.0 and dead even with a 3.73 factory geared bone stock 5.0

Hmmm...the 5.0's from what I've seen seem to pull pretty damn hard stock. But honestly, I don't remember the last time I've even seen a stock cobra around here for a comparison. I'd love to see a matchup between them stock for stock with good drivers. Would make for an interesting race.

ZYBORG
05-06-2012, 10:18 PM
nice kill man u rip gears well....id still pick a termi over a 5oh anyday

Thank you much, the 5.0 guy was actually one hell of a driver, I would say just as good if not a little tiny bit better.

I actually really like 5.0s and would more likely than not pick one over a cobra even though I like the cobra much more when its done right and taken care of. The reason I would pick the 5.0 is because its new and it hasnt been abused like a lot of the cobras out there and unfortunately you never know what you are getting when you are getting it used.

Yup i seen what you were talking about!! U need put some damn siveraldo mirrors on that thing!! lol Damn tiny vettes!!

Thats the power i fingured you would be putting down. If hes full bolt on he should be putting down a good bit more. Power to weight ratio is everything tho imo. Gotta love vettes!

:usa:

1ltcap
05-06-2012, 10:18 PM

actually, rumors are that ford does indeed watch for stuff like this on the intardnet.

ZYBORG
05-06-2012, 10:19 PM
Hmmm...the 5.0's from what I've seen seem to pull pretty damn hard stock. But honestly, I don't remember the last time I've even seen a stock cobra around here for a comparison. I'd love to see a matchup between them stock for stock with good drivers. Would make for an interesting race.

IIRC there is a video of two stock ones going at it.... Dont quote me on that...

versz
05-06-2012, 10:24 PM
There's still stock terminators? >.> It's all in the driver...

kennyxg
05-06-2012, 11:02 PM
If the op has some track times it would squash his whole argument , a bolt on z06 and a tuned bolt on c5 z06 would be a tight race . I dont care what anyone has to say about it.:burn:

lemons12
05-06-2012, 11:15 PM
im very drubk

CyberGrey Z28
05-07-2012, 12:22 AM
Good runs!

Wonder how a bone stock C5Z would do against a bolt-on 5.0?

41863nj
05-07-2012, 12:32 AM
ZYBORG, as always you're video's and races are among the best here...love the way your 'vette sounds and runs...you sure drops those gears well...lolol...also like your avatar, looks like KANE from WWE...lolol...great kill...

PACKY.. love that trans am, awesome looking intercooler out front...like no one can see that...lolol...and you know that t/a runs well when your DD is a beast as well...

corysmach1
05-07-2012, 04:32 AM
Good kill and yes going to 5th kills him....untill 5th he hung very well. Once again good vjd and good kill.

ohioborn80
05-07-2012, 05:53 AM
5th gear shouldn't hurt him as it is his 1:1 gear.

Heater
05-07-2012, 07:37 AM

:werd:

HioSSilver
05-07-2012, 07:38 AM

It does because those new 5.0's mod motors are still not great w/o gear. At 1:1 it's not stacking the gear anymore.

V-seriesTech
05-07-2012, 11:44 AM

All manufactures do. I advise everyone to cover VIN's at track events. Maybe even remove a plate or two.

You'd be surprised the trouble they go to actually,...more like, we'd all be puzzled at the lengths they go through. Think aerial photography.

1ltcap
05-07-2012, 12:04 PM
All manufactures do. I advise everyone to cover VIN's at track events. Maybe even remove a plate or two.

You'd be surprised the trouble they go to actually,...more like, we'd all be puzzled at the lengths they go through. Think aerial photography.

i hadn't thought of any of them using arial photography, but with the advent of drones being deployed over the us, it only makes sense.
i know ford had an internal tsb looking for any evidence at all of the possibility of a tune having been done to the coyote engines. this i believe came from one of the companies providing a tune which was running #8 lean, and basically cooking that cylinder. people were reverting back to stock tunes, and taking them in for warranty work.
this is part of the reason mine isn't gonna see the dragstrip for a few years, although i will probably take the chance to road race her. if i do that, i'll have some sort of logging software installed, so there's no question that she wasn't abused on the track.

evangto87
05-07-2012, 12:12 PM
i have to disagree with the whole fifth gear1:1 slowing the car down. My car has 3.73s and revs a good bit higher then the GT. So the GT with a 3.73 rear gear and same trans with more midrange in theory should be even better then my car hitting fifth gear.

Heres a vid of me hitting fifth against ScreaminRedZ. U can hear me hit fourth and fifth from a 70 roll. and at no point does the car slow down when in fifth.

Jump to 130 in the video. 70 roll. i hit fourth then fifth and fifth doesnt slow down... if anything i start to pull harder up top. And that was with cats. This motor woke up a lot in the midrange when ditching the cats. With my rpm/gearings... fifth runs me from 120-160mph. The gearing on these cars makes up for the mustangs lack of aero next to a vette. I will say though, the boss does have a lot of under body plastic paneling to help with aero that the GTs do not.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4S5fYZIBQto

V-seriesTech
05-07-2012, 12:13 PM
i hadn't thought of any of them using arial photography, but with the advent of drones being deployed over the us, it only makes sense.
i know ford had an internal tsb looking for any evidence at all of the possibility of a tune having been done to the coyote engines. this i believe came from one of the companies providing a tune which was running #8 lean, and basically cooking that cylinder. people were reverting back to stock tunes, and taking them in for warranty work.
this is part of the reason mine isn't gonna see the dragstrip for a few years, although i will probably take the chance to road race her. if i do that, i'll have some sort of logging software installed, so there's no question that she wasn't abused on the track.

;)

(bingo) :secret:

gregsss
05-07-2012, 12:36 PM
Sweet, nice kills OP

Turbo2vGT
05-07-2012, 06:53 PM
Note to self: Roll up window mid-run to pull lengths on cars. :secret2:
Nice runs and kill OP. Car sounds great!

ohioborn80
05-07-2012, 06:58 PM
i have to disagree with the whole fifth gear1:1 slowing the car down. My car has 3.73s and revs a good bit higher then the GT. So the GT with a 3.73 rear gear and same trans with more midrange in theory should be even better then my car hitting fifth gear.

Heres a vid of me hitting fifth against ScreaminRedZ. U can hear me hit fourth and fifth from a 70 roll. and at no point does the car slow down when in fifth.

Jump to 130 in the video. 70 roll. i hit fourth then fifth and fifth doesnt slow down... if anything i start to pull harder up top. And that was with cats. This motor woke up a lot in the midrange when ditching the cats. With my rpm/gearings... fifth runs me from 120-160mph. The gearing on these cars makes up for the mustangs lack of aero next to a vette. I will say though, the boss does have a lot of under body plastic paneling to help with aero that the GTs do not.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4S5fYZIBQto
Agree..And if he is full bolt ons he should be making more power then you. My full bolt on dyno tune manual made 464whp. 5th gear with 4.10's ran all way to about 150. I was also shifting at 7800.

Lionhearted
05-07-2012, 06:58 PM
I dont understand. The Mustang has more horsepower, how did this Corvette win...? :confused:

Lionhearted
05-07-2012, 06:59 PM

My car is on an extended warranty from the dealership...36 months, should I worry about this too?

ohioborn80
05-07-2012, 07:11 PM
I dont understand. The Mustang has more horsepower, how did this Corvette win...? :confused:

Depending on level of mustang Vette could weigh an easy 300-500lbs less. I think OP stated before he has some weight reduction.

SalvageZ28
05-07-2012, 07:58 PM
Vettes rape once they get into 4th=) 5.0's are like hondas with vtec=)

hugger1975
05-07-2012, 08:06 PM
Oh noes the car dealerships are watching us!

:lol:

Ariel photography?

ZYBORG
05-07-2012, 08:41 PM
ZYBORG, as always you're video's and races are among the best here...love the way your 'vette sounds and runs...you sure drops those gears well...lolol...also like your avatar, looks like KANE from WWE...lolol...great kill...

PACKY.. love that trans am, awesome looking intercooler out front...like no one can see that...lolol...and you know that t/a runs well when your DD is a beast as well...

Thanks man :usa:

Depending on level of mustang Vette could weigh an easy 300-500lbs less. I think OP stated before he has some weight reduction.

Nope, my car is stock weight.

Vettes rape once they get into 4th=) 5.0's are like hondas with vtec=)

lol, I wouldnt go that far....

1ltcap
05-07-2012, 09:34 PM

if only the mustang were lighter...........:cool:

1ltcap
05-07-2012, 09:36 PM
Oh noes the car dealerships are watching us!

Ariel photography?

do you not think it would pay off? i mean, c'mon. how many "warranty" claims do they eat, due to someone messing with the ecu, or racing their car, or installing nitrous improperly..........

AWDTBSS
05-07-2012, 09:39 PM
so their gonna fly over every race track whether Drag or Road Course every event in hopes theres a newer Ford that'd be there? lol

1ltcap
05-07-2012, 09:44 PM
so their gonna fly over every race track whether Drag or Road Course every event in hopes theres a newer Ford that'd be there? lol

what makes you think just ford?

whytryz28
05-07-2012, 09:46 PM
Fav vid of a C5 Z laying the smack down on exotics, these things are stupid fast with bolt-ons.

Races start around 1:38
eACYz2R2BmI

MrDavid
05-07-2012, 10:09 PM
ZYBORG, as always you're video's and races are among the best here...

Not sure if I've ever seen Zyborg ever lose a race. His Z might honestly be the LS6 touched by the hand of God. I bet he could even outrun me somehow.

Nice runs, car seems to still be kicking plenty of ass.

38394Z28
05-08-2012, 08:07 AM
Fav vid of a C5 Z laying the smack down on exotics, these things are stupid fast with bolt-ons.

Races start around 1:38
eACYz2R2BmI

I like the video...but I don't know if trapping 120 is stupid fast :D I like the enthusiasm though!

AWDTBSS
05-08-2012, 09:01 AM
what makes you think just ford?

so your saying they fly over looking for any new car that may have a warranty and report back to every Manufacture in hopes that the person might come back with a warranty claim if something breaks?
thats ridiculous, I guess I can see them on forums but flying over all the tracks give me a break

1ltcap
05-08-2012, 09:24 AM
so your saying they fly over looking for any new car that may have a warranty and report back to every Manufacture in hopes that the person might come back with a warranty claim if something breaks?
thats ridiculous, I guess I can see them on forums but flying over all the tracks give me a break

not saying that they do. saying that it is possible, plausible, and feasible.

do you know how much money they would save if they found a way to weed out all of the racing(abuse in their eyes) related warranty claims?

and considering a local pd used a drone out in the midwest somewhere to end a standoff, i wouldn't be too shocked if they also started using these over known street racing areas.

41863nj
05-08-2012, 02:22 PM
WHYTRYZ28...nice video, enjoyed that a lot, not sure who the driver was, but he seemed happy...i love all Z06's..so that for me was great...though i don't him doing that to any newer exotics like a AVENTADOR...

MR.DAVID...no i do not recall ZYBORG losing either, but the way he drives and the way his car runs hahaha i guess not...cars are a big part of winning as is the driver mod, which ZYBORG has both...and as far as fly over's are concerned, well hell i guess anything is possible...i experienced 911, nothing surprise's me anymore...

mannyman84
05-08-2012, 05:25 PM
Good run for a c5 ls1. I remember people would say it would be a good match for c5zo6. I lol'd at that. Good kill

ohioborn80
05-08-2012, 05:55 PM
Good run for a c5 ls1. I remember people would say it would be a good match for c5zo6. I lol'd at that. Good kill

I think at the track is what they saying. And I would still agree.

HioSSilver
05-08-2012, 06:10 PM
Not me. I seen a bonestock 02 zo6 go 11.8 @ 118 several times one night.

kennyxg
05-08-2012, 06:22 PM
im very drubkLol you where right :jest:

ZYBORG
05-08-2012, 07:18 PM
Not sure if I've ever seen Zyborg ever lose a race. His Z might honestly be the LS6 touched by the hand of God. I bet he could even outrun me somehow.

Nice runs, car seems to still be kicking plenty of ass.

lol, thanks man :usa: But there is no chance in hell that it would ever go down like that. I want what you have my friend.

and of course I do loose every once in a while, I got some of my loses on vid... all you got to do is check out all the vids in my channel right below my sig.

WHYTRYZ28...nice video, enjoyed that a lot, not sure who the driver was, but he seemed happy...i love all Z06's..so that for me was great...though i don't him doing that to any newer exotics like a AVENTADOR...

MR.DAVID...no i do not recall ZYBORG losing either, but the way he drives and the way his car runs hahaha i guess not...cars are a big part of winning as is the driver mod, which ZYBORG has both...and as far as fly over's are concerned, well hell i guess anything is possible...i experienced 911, nothing surprise's me anymore...

:usa: and again of course I loose every now and then, when I race I try to put everything to work and not just rely on the power that the car makes.

Yes man, some of those guys have their head so far up their ass.

and so it should, if track conditions are great along with a healthy car and driver mod.

lemons12
05-08-2012, 07:25 PM
Lol you where right :jest:

HA... I didn't even know I posted that until just now... I thought you had changed a post I made. I was VERY drunk that night. LOL

kennyxg
05-09-2012, 10:38 PM
:cheers::cheers::cheers:HA... I didn't even know I posted that until just now... I thought you had changed a post I made. I was VERY drunk that night. LOL

ohioborn80
05-10-2012, 06:08 AM

And? Bolt on 5.0's have went 10.8-11.8 depending on conditions and driver.

HioSSilver
05-10-2012, 06:13 AM
And? Bolt on 5.0's have went 10.8-11.8 depending on conditions and driver.

......but not bone stock. Shows you how much more potential the z0 has when boltons are added. Maybe you should watch this vid again....lmao

evangto87
05-10-2012, 07:06 AM
too bad you cant get GT's with a boss motor in them ;)

MrDavid
05-10-2012, 10:09 AM
lol, thanks man :usa: But there is no chance in hell that it would ever go down like that. I want what you have my friend.

You just need a cam and a 100 shot. It takes a hell of a car to outrun a cammed 100 shot Z06.

S8ER95Z
05-10-2012, 10:32 AM

Not to mention the C5Z has pretty nice gearing. I have to get 3.90s to match them.

sidewayz28
05-10-2012, 11:53 AM
nicely done. your car runs too good.

ohioborn80
05-10-2012, 12:37 PM
too bad you cant get GT's with a boss motor in them ;)

I know one that has a Boss motor in it and is an auto. That has went 10.9 with bolt ons. But its getting the TT kit form Lund racing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbCNYUH2g7E

ohioborn80
05-10-2012, 12:44 PM
......but not bone stock. Shows you how much more potential the z0 has when boltons are added. Maybe you should watch this vid again....lmao

Its the weight. And I have yet to see a C5Z run 11's stock. Oh wait I have a video of one running 13's. STock. I ran a 11.8 because getting sideway and getting out of it in this video and he was way way behind. And the 5.0 has went 12.2 bone stock. Hmm bolt on C5Z have went what bolty ons? STock reviwes say they are mid 12 cars at 116

12.5 seconds at 116 mph, just like it did when the Z06 was new in 2002. http://www.insideline.com/chevrolet/corvette/2011/2002-chevrolet-corvette-z06-vs-2010-corvette-grand-sport-vs-2011-corvette-z06-carbon-comparison-test-and-video.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhEEb5sjS2w&feature=channel&list=UL

And

S8ER95Z
05-10-2012, 12:49 PM
http://www.gmhightechperformance.com/features/0410htp_2004_z06_corvette_feature/index.html Just saying....

Insideline... lmao

VBox and weather corrections ftl, I'll take real track results any day.

http://www.insideline.com/features/how-we-test-cars-and-trucks.html

Redfire 03
05-10-2012, 12:50 PM
Its the weight. And I have yet to see a C5Z run 11's stock. Oh wait I have a video of one running 13's. STock. I ran a 11.8 because getting sideway and getting out of it in this video and he was way way behind. And the 5.0 has went 12.2 bone stock. Hmm bolt on C5Z have went what bolty ons? STock reviwes say they are mid 12 cars at 116

12.5 seconds at 116 mph, just like it did when the Z06 was new in 2002. http://www.insideline.com/chevrolet/corvette/2011/2002-chevrolet-corvette-z06-vs-2010-corvette-grand-sport-vs-2011-corvette-z06-carbon-comparison-test-and-video.html

And
Full of excuses as usual. One of the reasons why I can never agree with you. FYI, the LS2 C6 has went faster with bolt-ons than any 5.0 EVER has.

Redfire 03
05-10-2012, 12:55 PM
http://www.gmhightechperformance.com/features/0410htp_2004_z06_corvette_feature/index.html Just saying....

Insideline... lmao

Yup. 11's Bone-stock in a C5 Z. :nod:

S8ER95Z
05-10-2012, 12:58 PM
Yup. 11's Bone-stock in a C5 Z. :nod:

Yep, and that's not counting what other drivers have done stock...(CorvetteForums Fast List)
Evan Smith - 12.04/118 mph
Ranger - 11.81/117 mph
J-Rod - 11.783/116 mph
Gary2004Z06 - 11.844/117 mph
Esoteric - 11.93/119 mph

I just wish I could have handed my keys to someone capable of driving (Like Evan or Steve) when my car was still stock. Being a bad driver with an OK car is extremely frustrating. lol

ohioborn80
05-10-2012, 01:31 PM
Full of excuses as usual. One of the reasons why I can never agree with you. FYI, the LS2 C6 has went faster with bolt-ons than any 5.0 EVER has.

http://www.z06vette.com/forums/f8/whats-fastest-stock-z06-1-4-mile-time-87461/

Here is a whole thread ofr guys with C5Z running 12's stock. And we was talking C5Z. Which is an LS1 right....

ohioborn80
05-10-2012, 01:35 PM
Yep, and that's not counting what other drivers have done stock...(CorvetteForums Fast List)
Evan Smith - 12.04/118 mph
Ranger - 11.81/117 mph
J-Rod - 11.783/116 mph
Gary2004Z06 - 11.844/117 mph
Esoteric - 11.93/119 mph

I just wish I could have handed my keys to someone capable of driving (Like Evan or Steve) when my car was still stock. Being a bad driver with an OK car is extremely frustrating. lol

ON what conditions. I love when people post up well these pro drivers did it at a track rental with neagtive 1000 DA at MIR. Come on. Your average C5Z is a 12 second car. And that is it. And fastest list shows 11.7..Comparing OP's cxar to a full bolt on at the track. From a roll I suspect the Z to win. LKeast 3 out of 5 times ust cause weight. As I have said before bring it to the track and put againsty full bolt on cars. But yet he is scarred to do that. Said he can't drive it and blah blah. Those are excusses.

ohioborn80
05-10-2012, 01:44 PM
1--10.890@125.06--1.465--GARY2004Z06-'04 12/08-VR, DRs, ARH LTs, Tex Exo-Skel, 4.10s, Post #356 c5z

10.88@125.6 bolt on 5.0 WBM

Very close with bolt ons. Both had list that even went into the 12's with bolt ons.

http://www.modularfords.com/f259/bolt-2011-2013-et-list-185818/

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-z06-discussion/1549325-the-c5-z06-fast-list.html

and internal work is about the same
1---9.985 @ 138.80--1.428 --robz ---------'03 04/08 -----H/C, ET ST, Gears, Post 328, Slip http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-z06-discussion/1549325-the-c5-z06-fast-list.html

1. 9.975 @137 JPC http://mustangsdaily.com/blog/2011/11/18/video-jpc-racing-builds-first-9-second-naturally-aspirated-2011-mustang-gt/

and FI records

1--9.044@153.81-1.453-Arun@ChampionMotors-'02 11/09 402, A&A YSi kit, RPM A4 Conv, Post #478

8.89@148MPH Evolution Performance.
And most recent 8.9@153 Chris Cruz did with full interior and every thing. Race weight of 3900lbs.

41863nj
05-10-2012, 02:10 PM
i have seen a C5Z RUN A 11.89@123.86 at raceway park in englishtown, N.J....showroom stock...lady driver as well...OHIO i call things the way i see them, you and i will never agree on much, but i do have to say you are very smart when it comes to cars...

S8ER95Z
05-10-2012, 02:26 PM

Here is a whole thread ofr guys with C5Z running 12's stock. And we was talking C5Z. Which is an LS1 right....

C5Z is an LS6...LS1 C5 record pass is a 12.6 @ 111 I believe....

HioSSilver
05-10-2012, 02:27 PM

Read no more fella's. He don't even know what engine comes in them.......talks out his ass pretty good though.

It's a ls6. Same engine that is in my car that has out trapped your gutted shop car by 5 mph. The only thing keeping me from busting both the ls6 and 5.0 records is my rear.

S8ER95Z
05-10-2012, 02:27 PM
i have seen a C5Z RUN A 11.89@123.86 at raceway park in englishtown, N.J....showroom stock...lady driver as well...OHIO i call things the way i see them, you and i will never agree on much, but i do have to say you are very smart when it comes to cars...

You mean C6Z?? That trap is way too high for a stock C5Z. It took a guy I know 383rwhp to trap 123mph in his Z06, no way it's happening stock.

S8ER95Z
05-10-2012, 02:29 PM
ON what conditions. I love when people post up well these pro drivers did it at a track rental with neagtive 1000 DA at MIR. Come on. Your average C5Z is a 12 second car. And that is it. And fastest list shows 11.7..Comparing OP's cxar to a full bolt on at the track. From a roll I suspect the Z to win. LKeast 3 out of 5 times ust cause weight. As I have said before bring it to the track and put againsty full bolt on cars. But yet he is scarred to do that. Said he can't drive it and blah blah. Those are excusses.

Conditions matter but you are not honestly trying to feed me the 5.0 times you quote are done in 2500+ DA are you? Records are set in perfect conditions....just an accepted fact.

06X6spdGTO
05-10-2012, 02:43 PM
Different track prep, different elevation, different drivers, etc..... still doesnt change what happened in the video with two average forum lurking car guys going at it. Roll racing to compare cars with the same traction is a great way to compare power!

Dig racing is a drivers race, im sure if it was a procharged 5.0 making 620whp on stock suspension vs a h/c/i c5z with full street attack 2 suspension ohio wouldve cried foul and wanted to see a roll race!

I swear this guy could be working in the big oil business making excuess for why oil prices go up dramactily!

Great race to both drivers! Some where (7-10cars back) there was a challenger trying to catch you guys

06X6spdGTO
05-10-2012, 02:47 PM
Fyi ohio there have been bolton m6 c5s cut 1.2 to 1.4 60ft times.

antirice69
05-10-2012, 02:48 PM
This is an interesting thread. Good runs and a great video.

41863nj
05-10-2012, 02:55 PM
S8ER95Z...no it was a C5Z, i believe it was a '04...announcer said it was all stock...i was there, but who knows what is considered stock anymore...she could have a tune for all we knew...she sure drove it well...

Redfire 03
05-10-2012, 02:57 PM

Yes your AVERAGE c5z runs mid 12's stock, just like the average 5.0 runs high 12's bone-stock. Of course, in stellar conditions with expert drivers, both can run quicker. Bottom line is the 5.0 gets destroyed by the 11 year old LS6. :)

06X6spdGTO
05-10-2012, 02:57 PM
Btw robz's time was in the stock bottom end and t56 full weight car. Not a liberty built trans gutted heap with a forged bottom end. New robz numbers on built bottom end is alot faster the the 9.97 mustang

41863nj
05-10-2012, 02:58 PM
06X6SDPGTO...lololol...oil business ...awesome...

S8ER95Z
05-10-2012, 03:20 PM
S8ER95Z...no it was a C5Z, i believe it was a '04...announcer said it was all stock...i was there, but who knows what is considered stock anymore...she could have a tune for all we knew...she sure drove it well...

True..all I know is with a 123mph trap... it definitely wasn't stock. :)

ohioborn80
05-10-2012, 06:02 PM
Read no more fella's. He don't even know what engine comes in them.......talks out his ass pretty good though.

It's a ls6. Same engine that is in my car that has out trapped your gutted shop car by 5 mph. The only thing keeping me from busting both the ls6 and 5.0 records is my rear.

My bad for engine. Some one else said nice run for a ls1. And how can you compare your car to one that weighs more then you and call it gutted? The WBM car isn't gutted and is his daily driver.. And he has ran faster then you. Who gibes a fuck about trap when he is beating you at the track where it matters. What after he runs a faster ET you going to say well I had a better trap in my engine swapped car..really get the fuck out off here. Yet my engine swapped car is still slower then yours at the track. I also weigh less then you. His race weight was a little over 3500lbs aand he is only 160lbs. Far from gutted.

ohioborn80
05-10-2012, 06:05 PM
Conditions matter but you are not honestly trying to feed me the 5.0 times you quote are done in 2500+ DA are you? Records are set in perfect conditions....just an accepted fact.

Wbt ran his 11.00 in 2400 Day. Wait till it sees close to 0 da.

S8ER95Z
05-10-2012, 11:19 PM
Impressive if that's true... I run horrible when the DA gets that high.

What's the record for his mods?

snake95
05-11-2012, 01:31 AM
It's a ls6. Same engine that is in my car with extensive weight reduction that has gone slower at the track than your car causing me to lean on trap speed

Fixed.

ohioborn80
05-11-2012, 05:40 AM
Impressive if that's true... I run horrible when the DA gets that high.

What's the record for his mods?

He is fastest bolt on auto. 1 manual went faster then him. WBM owners car went 10.88@125 with a manual but in negative DA.

HioSSilver
05-11-2012, 05:42 AM
My bad for engine. Some one else said nice run for a ls1. And how can you compare your car to one that weighs more then you and call it gutted? The WBM car isn't gutted and is his daily driver.. And he has ran faster then you. Who gibes a fuck about trap when he is beating you at the track where it matters. What after he runs a faster ET you going to say well I had a better trap in my engine swapped car..really get the fuck out off here. Yet my engine swapped car is still slower then yours at the track. I also weigh less then you. His race weight was a little over 3500lbs aand he is only 160lbs. Far from gutted.

The car you was talking was a gutted full on race car. They did a article on it in mustang and fast fords......with pics. No AC, no heat, no pb, no interior, race brakes. Now you changed to another car.....wtf....

HioSSilver
05-11-2012, 05:46 AM
Fixed.

Who's car are you talkin about? Are you talkin out your as again too?

ZYBORG
05-11-2012, 07:00 AM
Sorry guys no offense but c5z06 ownes the 5.0 in every single performance category.

The 5.0 is newer technology but yet it can not out perform a c5z06. The only thing that the 5.0 has got in its favor is that is new.

The day i get outperformed by a CAI and Exhaust 5.0 is the day ill be bowing down to them and I ALWAYS welcome anybody that wants to test that theory with me. :usa:

ohioborn80
05-11-2012, 07:27 AM
The car you was talking was a gutted full on race car. They did a article on it in mustang and fast fords......with pics. No AC, no heat, no pb, no interior, race brakes. Now you changed to another car.....wtf....

No t he car I am referring to isn't a gutted race car You are thinking of JPC and Evolutions car. The car that went 10.8 is just that. I never changed cars.

snake95
05-11-2012, 04:16 PM
Who's car are you talkin about? Are you talkin out your as again too?

:lol: Reading comprehension > you. Ohio's car has gone faster than yours, that's while you always talk trap speed to him. Clear enough? :jest:

HioSSilver
05-11-2012, 09:43 PM
:lol: Reading comprehension > you. Ohio's car has gone faster than yours, that's while you always talk trap speed to him. Clear enough? :jest:

Lol....barely. And that's a new 32v aftermarket boosted 5.0 v8 vs a stock n/a 5.7 from 2002.....kinda sad if you ask me. Hell that's with me on a 10bolt even. The 6 is about to under go some minor changes for it's last hurrah. ..... Hopefully it will pick up a bit more.

snake95
05-11-2012, 10:45 PM
Lol....barely. And that's a new 32v aftermarket boosted 5.0 v8 vs a stock n/a 5.7 from 2002.....kinda sad if you ask me. Hell that's with me on a 10bolt even. The 6 is about to under go some minor changes for it's last hurrah. ..... Hopefully it will pick up a bit more.

...you have a Camaro with a 5.7L Z06 Corvette motor :rotflmao: stop trying to make excuses for yourself...and you said barely? All I hear is you saying yeah you're right he's faster. Other than that, all I see is excuses. Sad? Your shit is slower...regardless if he drove a fucking Huffy bicycle, if it is faster than you, it can't be called sad :lol:

ohioborn80
05-11-2012, 11:19 PM

HAHA..You are slower period. And from your sig you trap same actually. And saying well you trapped higher you would have in y our sig if thought right. I have trapped 129-132 also. SO? You have 11.1 t o a 10.7. .4 slower isn't barely slower. And you have a faceplanted tranny/5.7(346cu in)/405hp (stock before all your mods that many have stated they don't believe here)engine/Major weight reduction/and you weighed what again 3000lbs with you in it(gutted but bitch when some one else has same weight reduction). I have a 5.0/302cu in/10lbs boost/tune not perfect yet/3950lbs stock suspension/stock headers/ full leather powered seats interior with subwoofers etc. Imagine if I did "CREATIVE WEIGHT REDUCTION" as you call it. . But hmm I don't need to. I will continue to get faster with nothing but some bigs/skinnies and some tuning. I mean shit you can't even beat some bolt on 5.0's and worring about me. HAHA.

10.78@126.94>11.15 @ 126.4 Oh look right from your sig..Even out trapped you. When y ou break into the 10's with your gutted no interior sucky seats and all its weight reduction let me know.

JHL88
05-11-2012, 11:28 PM
nice KILL OP!

D3VIL
05-12-2012, 02:09 AM

And

Those are magazine reviews.... which are averages of many runs, an are decent drivers... but far from the best out there.

11.7 is what can be accomplished with a bone-stock Z!

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-z06-discussion/1549325-the-c5-z06-fast-list.html

Why do people get so defensive when a car is faster than their brand? There is always faster cars out there, you expect to be faster than a GTR stock for stock too? lol

ohioborn80
05-12-2012, 02:13 AM
Those are magazine reviews.... which are averages of many runs, an are decent drivers... but far from the best out there.

11.7 is what can be accomplished with a bone-stock Z!

Why do people get so defensive when a car is faster than their brand? There is always faster cars out there, you expect to be faster than a GTR stock for stock too? lol

I actually said mod for mod they are about even. And the times I posted showed that. The 5.0 bolt on time was actually a cunt hair faster. Then internal work and etc1--10.890@125.06--1.465--GARY2004Z06-'04 12/08-VR, DRs, ARH LTs, Tex Exo-Skel, 4.10s, Post #356 c5z

10.88@125.6 bolt on 5.0 WBM

Very close with bolt ons. Both had list that even went into the 12's with bolt ons.

http://www.modularfords.com/f259/bolt-2011-2013-et-list-185818/

and internal work is about the same
1---9.985 @ 138.80--1.428 --robz ---------'03 04/08 -----H/C, ET ST, Gears, Post 328, Slip http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-z06-discussion/1549325-the-c5-z06-fast-list.html

1. 9.975 @137 JPC http://mustangsdaily.com/blog/2011/11/18/video-jpc-racing-builds-first-9-second-naturally-aspirated-2011-mustang-gt/

and FI records

1--9.044@153.81-1.453-Arun@ChampionMotors-'02 11/09 402, A&A YSi kit, RPM A4 Conv, Post #478

8.89@148MPH Evolution Performance.
And most recent 8.9@153 Chris Cruz did with full interior and every thing. Race weight of 3900lbs.

D3VIL
05-12-2012, 02:16 AM

You don't agree on much because he gets overly defensive of his brand and doesn't admit when a car car and does indeed run in 11's.

And the average joe will run in 12's(which is still impressive) but that doesn't mean that the car has reached it's limit... give it to a proper driver and they'll bring out everything that the car has to offer :cool:

ohioborn80
05-12-2012, 02:25 AM
You don't agree on much because he gets overly defensive of his brand and doesn't admit when a car car and does indeed run in 11's.

And the average joe will run in 12's(which is still impressive) but that doesn't mean that the car has reached it's limit... give it to a proper driver and they'll bring out everything that the car has to offer :cool:

Average guys don't run well in the 12's a lot of them still run 13's with them And run 12 with C6Z's. See it every time I got to the track. Which is about 2-4 times a month. Even watching Zr1's struggle to run 12.3's-14's.

Heater
05-12-2012, 05:08 AM
Sorry guys no offense but c5z06 ownes the 5.0 in every single performance category.

As it should because it's apples to oranges...sports car versus sporty car.

MrDavid
05-12-2012, 09:19 AM
As it should because it's apples to oranges...sports car versus sporty car.

True statement.

Vette is a sports car. Mustang is a pony car. It was not built to be a vette competitor.

evangto87
05-12-2012, 09:38 AM
Boss 302 VS c5 z06.... in every aspect... equal race. Not to nut swing my own car... but its the truth. I wish i could find a local bolt on c5 z in my area.

Redfire 03
05-12-2012, 09:53 AM
Crazy how people are still comparing brand New cars to the decade old Z06 Corvette. lol GM sure did a stunning job with that car.

evangto87
05-12-2012, 09:57 AM
Crazy how people are still comparing brand New cars to the decade old Z06 Corvette. lol GM sure did a stunning job with that car.

Agreed. Or if you were to compare it to a current GM. You would compare it to an ls3 z51. But i still like the Z. I love the FRC look

06X6spdGTO
05-12-2012, 09:58 AM
I actually said mod for mod they are about even. And the times I posted showed that. The 5.0 bolt on time was actually a cunt hair faster. Then internal work and etc

Im sorry but your internal mods statement of RobZ car is WAAAYYYY OFFF!!! Your trying to compare a gutted, $10K Liberty Trans, Built bottom end car to a STOCK CUBE, STOCK BOTTOM END, STOCK TRANS, H/C 01 Z06, PowerSeat, Stero, A/C, etc...!! (Not to mention his run at 9.98 was almost 5 years ago.)

^Almost the same statements your trying to get to HiOSSilver (Funny how it works when the balls in the other court)

RobZ car has gone WAY faster than yours "INTERNAL MODS" Race Car, with Liberty Trans and Forged Internals JPC RACE CAR!!!

Built Bottom END Faceplated t56 Corbeau Seats full weight C5Z (Rob Zona)- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nY-ZWRo5Mlo

And if you want to get into more aftermarket trans and more built bottom end gutted RACE CARS that are N/A, you Ford Boys have a ways to go to with your 5.0L = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qL22wK4yPCg (STOCK SUSPENSION TOO!!)

^ Guess Sam Racings Camaro would qualify as Internal Mods than too right????

Redfire 03
05-12-2012, 10:03 AM
Agreed. Or if you were to compare it to a current GM. You would compare it to an ls3 z51. But i still like the Z. I love the FRC look

Agreed. I've always had a thing for the FRC vettes.

06X6spdGTO
05-12-2012, 10:08 AM
Just Face the fact that they are both great cars! You ford guys like your brand just as much as us Bowtie guys like ours. Stock for Stock or Mod for Mod it doesnt matter. If you win the race, great!! (This is the whole purpose of modding out our cars right??)

If I put $60K into a rascal scooter and ran low 12's would you be impressed??? Or you might just buy a 2012 Boss throw some bolt-ons at it and be right where I am at on my Crazy ass expensive electric scooter. In the end you will probly have some left over cash to spend on a boat, house, truck, motorcycle, etc.... If you went with the mustang.

The GM motor is cheap and easy to mod and has been around for more than 10+ years. We are thriving on a old design that the aftermarket loves to embrace!

Your mustangs are setup well from the factory but being relatively new (Coyote that is) parts are costly!!! (Mod Motor design has been around awhile too!)

If we are having a dick measuring contest solely on who has faster track times your mod motors, and My LSx stuff still has a very long way to go to catch up to the BBC, HEMI, BBF stuff. Go to a track and see how many cars are running your NEW Coyote in the High 8's and Low 9's consistently. I bet most of them will not have a LSx or a Mod Motor.

Final Statement:
03/04 TERMI > 2012 5.0L ALL DAY LONG!!
Fox Body PUSHROD 5.0L > 2012 5.0L ($ for $)
TERMINATED FOX BODY = :devil:
^ Just my .02cents

evangto87
05-12-2012, 10:17 AM
Just Face the fact that they are both great cars! You ford guys like your brand just as much as us Bowtie guys like ours. Stock for Stock or Mod for Mod it doesnt matter. If you win the race, great!! (This is the whole purpose of modding out our cars right??)

If I put $60K into a rascal scooter and ran low 12's would you be impressed??? Or you might just buy a 2012 Boss throw some bolt-ons at it and be right where I am at on my Crazy ass expensive electric scooter. In the end you will probly have some left over cash to spend on a boat, house, truck, motorcycle, etc.... If you went with the mustang.

The GM motor is cheap and easy to mod and has been around for more than 10+ years. We are thriving on a old design that the aftermarket loves to embrace!

Your mustangs are setup well from the factory but being relatively new (Coyote that is) parts are costly!!! (Mod Motor design has been around awhile too!)

If we are having a dick measuring contest solely on who has faster track times your mod motors, and My LSx stuff still has a very long way to go to catch up to the BBC, HEMI, BBF stuff. Go to a track and see how many cars are running your NEW Coyote in the High 8's and Low 9's consistently. I bet most of them will not have a LSx or a Mod Motor.

Final Statement:
03/04 TERMI > 2012 5.0L ALL DAY LONG!!
Fox Body PUSHROD 5.0L > 2012 5.0L ($ for $)
TERMINATED FOX BODY = :devil:
^ Just my .02cents

I dont have a coyote... i have a road runner haha jk. But i understand where your coming from.

HioSSilver
05-12-2012, 11:43 AM
I like the terminated fox comment......:secret2: ;)

1ltcap
05-12-2012, 11:44 AM
True statement.

Vette is a sports car. Mustang is a pony car. It was not built to be a vette competitor.

correct.....yet it seems that it's always a chevy guy that brings up the vette/mustang comparison when the camaro can't keep up with the equivalent mustang. :cool:

HioSSilver
05-12-2012, 11:50 AM
I always thought the ford guy try to compare the stang to a vette.....like it hasn't been bad enough getting their ass whipped by the Camaro for all these years.

automach1
05-12-2012, 12:37 PM
Im sorry but your internal mods statement of RobZ car is WAAAYYYY OFFF!!! Your trying to compare a gutted, $10K Liberty Trans, Built bottom end car to a STOCK CUBE, STOCK BOTTOM END, STOCK TRANS, H/C 01 Z06, PowerSeat, Stero, A/C, etc...!! (Not to mention his run at 9.98 was almost 5 years ago.)

^Almost the same statements your trying to get to HiOSSilver (Funny how it works when the balls in the other court)

RobZ car has gone WAY faster than yours "INTERNAL MODS" Race Car, with Liberty Trans and Forged Internals JPC RACE CAR!!!

Built Bottom END Faceplated t56 Corbeau Seats full weight C5Z (Rob Zona)- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nY-ZWRo5Mlo

And if you want to get into more aftermarket trans and more built bottom end gutted RACE CARS that are N/A, you Ford Boys have a ways to go to with your 5.0L = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qL22wK4yPCg (STOCK SUSPENSION TOO!!)

^ Guess Sam Racings Camaro would qualify as Internal Mods than too right????

The 5.0 is only going to get faster n/a. Hell the old 4.6 has been mid-low 9s on stock cubes the 5.4 has been well into the 8s. Remember these are stock cubed cars no monster motors needed ;). Robs fullweight z yea that weights probably the same as the so called gutted race car 5.0 :hail:

lemons12
05-12-2012, 12:39 PM
Ohio did you not learn your lesson the last time about bolt on and other records?

The ls1 has TWO quicker ET records than the 5.0 in the bolt on category, let alone how much quicker the ls6 could/has gone.

automach1
05-12-2012, 12:42 PM
Ohio did you not learn your lesson the last time about bolt on and other records?

The ls1 has TWO quicker ET records than the 5.0 in the bolt on category, let alone how much quicker the ls6 could/has gone.

I am sure that will change once somebody gets crazy with the weight hell the 4.6 wen 10.9 in a manual at 30xxlbs. So just imagine what a 5.0 could do at a sub 3k weight in a big stalled auto ;)

lemons12
05-12-2012, 12:45 PM
I am sure that will change once somebody gets crazy with the weight hell the 4.6 wen 10.9 in a manual at 30xxlbs. So just imagine what a 5.0 could do at a sub 3k weight in a big stalled auto ;)

Nobody has went crazy with the weight yet?

Sure that will change... Let me know, I'll wait.

automach1
05-12-2012, 12:52 PM
Nobody has went crazy with the weight yet?

Sure that will change... Let me know, I'll wait.

Yea if you think that the new 5.0 want outperform the ls1/ls6 in bolton form with all things equal you are in denial my friend :cool:

1ltcap
05-12-2012, 01:08 PM
I always thought the ford guy try to compare the stang to a vette.....like it hasn't been bad enough getting their ass whipped by the Camaro for all these years.

i've never lost to a similarly modified camaro in any of my cars......on the street or at the track.......just sayin......

i will also add that that was with my 83 5 liter, vs similar camaros, and my 89 gt....also similar camaros.

D3VIL
05-12-2012, 01:14 PM
Average guys don't run well in the 12's a lot of them still run 13's with them And run 12 with C6Z's. See it every time I got to the track. Which is about 2-4 times a month. Even watching Zr1's struggle to run 12.3's-14's.

Fantastic that you've seen an average joe do a 14 on his Zr1's :eyes:

When the ZR1 does 10's STOCK! But whatever helps you sleep at night thinking your GT is oooober fast ;)

5.0 is a great car, and lotta people even on here(a GM forum) will admit they'll take it over the new camaro, congrats. But blindly defending your brand is what a 4yr old does to win an argument.

And why are you comparing your precious 2012 GT with a 10yr old C5z? *even though the Z is still ahead* why don't you compare it with a still 6yr older C6z? :jest:

antirice69
05-12-2012, 01:16 PM
Weight reduction changes the game big time. Don't claim a car to be equal or superior, then say that the weight advantage is why the other is faster. Well, yea. That's just one aspect that makes the CAR better.

D3VIL
05-12-2012, 01:18 PM
correct.....yet it seems that it's always a chevy guy that brings up the vette/mustang comparison when the camaro can't keep up with the equivalent mustang. :cool:

Says the ford guy at a GM forum :eyes:

It took Ford till 2011 to come out with a decent engine, where the GM guys have been enjoying their LS since 97 :zzz:

1ltcap
05-12-2012, 01:20 PM

It took Ford till 2011 to come out with a decent engine, where the GM guys have been enjoying their LS since 97 :zzz:

yet gm had nothing(outside of the vette, which i'm sure someone will mention) for the 5 liter back in the 80's. :engarde:

D3VIL
05-12-2012, 01:31 PM
yet gm had nothing(outside of the vette, which i'm sure someone will mention) for the 5 liter back in the 80's. :engarde:

Way the steer the conversation to 30 years ago, where we are talking about relevant cars that are being driven today...

I have a lotta respect for the 5.0, and I'd buy one if I wasn't a broke college student. But the fact that a C5z(a C5 in general really) a 10-15yr old car is so relevant when I'm shopping to upgrade from my f-body is amazing to me.

ohioborn80
05-12-2012, 01:47 PM
Fantastic that you've seen an average joe do a 14 on his Zr1's :eyes:

When the ZR1 does 10's STOCK! But whatever helps you sleep at night thinking your GT is oooober fast ;)

5.0 is a great car, and lotta people even on here(a GM forum) will admit they'll take it over the new camaro, congrats. But blindly defending your brand is what a 4yr old does to win an argument.

And why are you comparing your precious 2012 GT with a 10yr old C5z? *even though the Z is still ahead* why don't you compare it with a still 6yr older C6z? :jest:

MY personal 5.0 is faster then stock Z06's. And I if every thing goes right tonight it will be faster then the fancy 120K Zr1 also.

I am not a ford nut swinger as I would love to owna new Z06. Specially over and thing ford has. Maybe the new GT500 can change that but I am not betting on it. Think its going to be very tempamental on stock tires.

And I didn't compatre first. I mean shit a simple mustang GT handing with any Z06 is a compliment to mustangs.

D3VIL
05-12-2012, 01:57 PM
MY personal 5.0 is faster then stock Z06's. And I if every thing goes right tonight it will be faster then the fancy 120K Zr1 also.

I am not a ford nut swinger as I would love to owna new Z06. Specially over and thing ford has. Maybe the new GT500 can change that but I am not betting on it. Think its going to be very tempamental on stock tires.

And I didn't compatre first. I mean shit a simple mustang GT handing with any Z06 is a compliment to mustangs.

You personal 5.0 stock vs stock was is/was faster than a Z?

A Civic can be turned to go faster than a 120k ZR1 too, stock vs modded is a silly debate.

NiteRiderWS6
05-12-2012, 02:01 PM
Why is it that every forum I see these incredible bolt on 5.0 times posted no one EVER mentions that the cars have weight reduction??????....

All I hear from ohio is Tune and Tire only, 11's......your not fooling anyone.
The same guy who ran 11's with "Tune and Tire Only" says oh well I took the passenger seat out and rear seats also :secret:

ohioborn80
05-12-2012, 02:20 PM
You personal 5.0 stock vs stock was is/was faster than a Z?

A Civic can be turned to go faster than a 120k ZR1 too, stock vs modded is a silly debate.

I didn't say stock. I said my personal 5.0. 120k Zr1 vs a 40K mustang(with mods). I will take the 40K 5.0. Sorry. Both are FI. I watched Lethal run mid 9's now in there 900whp ZR1. I heard they hit 8's but I wasn't there so I don't know for sure.

ohioborn80
05-12-2012, 02:21 PM
Why is it that every forum I see these incredible bolt on 5.0 times posted no one EVER mentions that the cars have weight reduction??????....

The same guy who ran 11's with "Tune and Tire Only" says oh well I took the passenger seat out and rear seats also :secret:

And they do what for power. Still only has bolt ons.

Redfire 03
05-12-2012, 02:24 PM
I didn't say stock. I said my personal 5.0. 120k Zr1 vs a 40K mustang(with mods). I will take the 40K 5.0. Sorry. Both are FI. I watched Lethal run mid 9's now in there 900whp ZR1. I heard they hit 8's but I wasn't there so I don't know for sure.

I'll take that ZR1 over ANY Ford ever.

ohioborn80
05-12-2012, 02:27 PM
I'll take that ZR1 over ANY Ford ever.

Can't I rather have a Ford GT. Sexier.

j81234
05-12-2012, 03:03 PM
Good kill OP. Take your passenger out and the race would have been worse for the mustang. This race was all C5Z06.

Heater
05-12-2012, 03:45 PM
The ZR1 is a better overall car than the Ford GT, but I would take the GT over the ZR1.

My knock on the ZR1's is that the average person cannot distinguish between a regular LS3 Vette and a ZR1.

The GT is very distinguishable and stands out anywhere it is parked, plus with Ford making such a limited run of them, they are actually going up in value, not down.

1ltcap
05-12-2012, 04:16 PM
Way the steer the conversation to 30 years ago, where we are talking about relevant cars that are being driven today...

I have a lotta respect for the 5.0, and I'd buy one if I wasn't a broke college student. But the fact that a C5z(a C5 in general really) a 10-15yr old car is so relevant when I'm shopping to upgrade from my f-body is amazing to me.

i'm actually not trying to steer it back......but it seems that a lot of guys seem to forget about those. some because they'd only heard of them, but never seen one....others, due to convenience, 'cause they can't accept it(blind brand loyalty).

it's not that amazing to me, 'cause vettes are the one chevy that has ALWAYS ruled. i think ford could put a hurtin' on them if they'd stop screwing around, and make an affordable gt40.....but till then, vette is the king. i'd never compare it to a mustang. they are two totally different cars, and aimed at(in my opinion) two totally different demographics.

and remember.....i do own a camaro.

1ltcap
05-12-2012, 04:19 PM

the ford dealer up the road has an auto 5 liter. it IS tune and drag radial only, running 11's. nothing removed. straight off the carrier....well....'cept for the tune and tires. :cool:

AWDTBSS
05-12-2012, 04:22 PM
Ford GT is soooooooo ugly lol

1ltcap
05-12-2012, 04:25 PM
Ford GT is soooooooo ugly lol

if you gave me a zr1 and and i HAD to sell one, i'd sell the vette. i like the vettes, but the gt is much better looking in my opinion.

AWDTBSS
05-12-2012, 04:26 PM
it looks like someone stepped on a GT500 to me, I know some people love them but I cant stand them to each their own i guess

ohioborn80
05-12-2012, 04:27 PM
it looks like someone stepped on a gt500 to me, i know some people love them but i cant stand them to each their own i guess

lol....

1ltcap
05-12-2012, 05:01 PM
it looks like someone stepped on a GT500 to me, I know some people love them but I cant stand them to each their own i guess

it is just a thing with ones taste in style. i don't dislike the vette. i just like the gt better.

automach1
05-12-2012, 05:38 PM

Uh come on now that's why the modular 4.6 has been faster then lsx anything :jest:

MikeWS6
05-12-2012, 05:48 PM
Not sure if I buy the part about a 5.0 beating an 03/04 cobra stock for stock. The 13 500 with 650 hp looks kinda scary I must admit.

Mike Morris
05-12-2012, 06:15 PM

Thats utter crap. I am sure GT500,03-04 Cobra and Lightning owners don't agree with that

Incorrect. 350TPI F body,V6 turbo Trans Am and 86-87 Turbo Buicks were either as fast or faster

i'm actually not trying to steer it back......but it seems that a lot of guys seem to forget about those. some because they'd only heard of them, but never seen one....others, due to convenience, 'cause they can't accept it(blind brand loyalty).

it's not that amazing to me, 'cause vettes are the one chevy that has ALWAYS ruled. i think ford could put a hurtin' on them if they'd stop screwing around, and make an affordable gt40.....but till then, vette is the king. i'd never compare it to a mustang. they are two totally different cars, and aimed at(in my opinion) two totally different demographics.

and remember.....i do own a camaro.

See the examples listed above-and they werent Vettes. A GNX Buick would KILL any 87 Vette easily.

1ltcap
05-12-2012, 06:29 PM
Thats utter crap. I am sure GT500,03-04 Cobra and Lightning owners don't agree with that

Incorrect. 350TPI F body,V6 turbo Trans Am and 86-87 Turbo Buicks were either as fast or faster

See the examples listed above-and they werent Vettes. A GNX Buick would KILL any 87 Vette easily.

ok...i'll re=phrase.

gm had nothing commonplace(short of the vette) for the 5 liter back then. the camaro/firebirds were VERY common with the 5 liter....not so much(that i recall seeing) with the 5.7. if the 5.7's were that common around here, then i was doing better than i thought....the turbo trans ams were even less common, and the gn's......whelp.....to be honest....if you got a schmuck in one, you'd still beat it. but they weren't very common either.

D3VIL
05-13-2012, 04:44 PM
Thats utter crap. I am sure GT500,03-04 Cobra and Lightning owners don't agree with that.

The 1st gen gt500 wasn't too fast, due to it not being able to put all it's power down and being a super pig.

I liked the 03/04 cobras a lot and they were obviously faster than the f-body, but not faster than the c5z. BUT with that said one can argue that mustang and camaros are the real rivals, and not to compare the vette with the termi.

The 02+ C5z has been faster than all the above cars.

Heater
05-13-2012, 05:19 PM
Not sure if I buy the part about a 5.0 beating an 03/04 cobra stock for stock. The 13 500 with 650 hp looks kinda scary I must admit.

Honestly a new 5.0 and a stock 03-04 Cobra should be very close.

They weigh close to the same and the horsepower is close. If the new 5.0 has the optioned 3.73 gears, I would give the nod to the 5.0 since it's 6 speed transmission keeps it in it's power band with it's better suited gear ratio's.

Slapattack
05-13-2012, 05:26 PM

They weigh close to the same and the horsepower is close. If the new 5.0 has the optioned 3.73 gears, I would give the nod to the 5.0 since it's 6 speed transmission keeps it in it's power band with it's better suited gear ratio's.

really? :bs:

A new 5.0 is faster than a damn cobra.

S8ER95Z
05-13-2012, 06:14 PM

Agree. I think it would take the 3.73s to give the 5.0 anything other than 'close' given equal drivers.

HioSSilver
05-13-2012, 06:34 PM

Don't forget about the Monte SS with the h.o. 305 and factory 4.10. They had all a pre-injcted mustang would want. Year for year the Impala SS had the gt covered also. The real sneaky one of the bunch was a Buick roadmaster wagon with a lt1. Not to mention typhoons and syclones more than covered anything ford offered.

Honestly I never thought any of the old 5.0's ran that good. They were ok but not the lengend some of you think they were.

JHL88
05-14-2012, 03:40 AM

uhhh no

1ltcap
05-14-2012, 08:27 AM
Don't forget about the Monte SS with the h.o. 305 and factory 4.10. They had all a pre-injcted mustang would want. Year for year the Impala SS had the gt covered also. The real sneaky one of the bunch was a Buick roadmaster wagon with a lt1. Not to mention typhoons and syclones more than covered anything ford offered.

Honestly I never thought any of the old 5.0's ran that good. They were ok but not the lengend some of you think they were.

with these statements, you're either trolling, or dumber than you appear to be. buick roadmaster?? really???? BAAAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

before you jump, remember, i work on these things.

Redfire 03
05-14-2012, 09:19 AM
with these statements, you're either trolling, or dumber than you appear to be. buick roadmaster?? really???? BAAAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

The Facts hurt so bad you have to resort to name calling. Damn fanboys are hopeless I tell you.

Redfire 03
05-14-2012, 09:23 AM

They weigh close to the same and the horsepower is close. If the new 5.0 has the optioned 3.73 gears, I would give the nod to the 5.0 since it's 6 speed transmission keeps it in it's power band with it's better suited gear ratio's .

:bs: :eyes:

S8ER95Z
05-14-2012, 10:54 AM
:bs: :eyes:

So what's your take? Rolling eyes and a BS flag did little to change my perceptions.

HioSSilver
05-14-2012, 12:00 PM

I work on shit too....so what's your point.

Redfire 03
05-14-2012, 12:03 PM
Now correct me if i'm wrong, but I don't think Redfire directed that comment towards you. So how about minding your own business for a change, eh? :)

Oh don't pay him no mind. He just wants to be part of the fan club but I have denied him membership.

06X6spdGTO
05-14-2012, 12:16 PM
Lets not forget about the ultimate killer!!!
Mustang II > 2012 5.0, Terminator, GT500, Fox Body, Boss, supersnake, etc....

Ford really had a winner there!

1ltcap
05-14-2012, 01:00 PM
The Facts hurt so bad you have to resort to name calling. Damn fanboys are hopeless I tell you.

i didn't see any facts in there, nor do i see any name calling.....well...wait.....there was a fact in there....in a statement made by me.

those monte's, while i liked their looks, couldn't get out of their own way with the 305's in them. the buick roadmaster needs that 5.7 to haul around all that weight. they ain't fast. not even close to it. the impalas.......same thing......all of those cars were big overweight lumps. i was just in a roadmaster the other day. while it accelerates decently for what it is, it is nowhere NEAR in mustang territory. hell.....it'd have trouble touching a camaro from back then.

ohioborn80
05-14-2012, 01:14 PM
really? :bs:

A new 5.0 is faster than a damn cobra.

What is the fastest bone stock Termi Cobra? 5.0 record ios 12.22@114. Also The Cobr awas underrated in power some say. But comparing numbers the 5.0 makes more power stock.

evangto87
05-14-2012, 01:18 PM
why are we still arguing about old push rod 5.0s and TPIs?

OP why cant you be closer..Id love to race

S8ER95Z
05-14-2012, 01:42 PM
Now correct me if i'm wrong, but I don't think Redfire directed that comment towards you. So how about minding your own business for a change, eh? :)

I didn't realize he had a receptionist. My bad.

06X6spdGTO
05-14-2012, 01:45 PM
This has turned from c5z06 vs ever record time 5.0l to 5.0 vs tpi and gnx finally to a piss pony fight on which horsey is better!!!

This is some funny shit! Some of the new 5.0 crowd is so high up on the pedastal that they bash their own breed!

Ohio found an interesting section for ya to compare your 5.0s too, for future reference o'course. All cars are stock cube n/a. Last updated in 2010!

http://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=818893

ohioborn80
05-14-2012, 02:12 PM
This has turned from c5z06 vs ever record time 5.0l to 5.0 vs tpi and gnx finally to a piss pony fight on which horsey is better!!!

This is some funny shit! Some of the new 5.0 crowd is so high up on the pedastal that they bash their own breed!

Ohio found an interesting section for ya to compare your 5.0s too, for future reference o'course. All cars are stock cube n/a. Last updated in 2010!

That is nice. 9's in a H/C/stall cars that weigh 2800lbs race weight. Im suppose to be impressed? What nice is the range in the cars. 9.0-11.7 with h/c cars.

06X6spdGTO
05-14-2012, 02:16 PM
Well u were impressed with the gutted jpc mustang with the built bottom end and $10k liberty trans with full suspension 318ci iirc. So figured you might be impressed with some numbers from 2010. Btw robz in there to at 9.93 back then.

ohioborn80
05-14-2012, 02:21 PM
Well u were impressed with the gutted jpc mustang with the built bottom end and $10k liberty trans with full suspension 318ci iirc. So figured you might be impressed with some numbers from 2010. Btw robz in there to at 9.93 back then.

Im impressed with the fact that JPC did all that with an engine that has been out for a year at the time. And did it with a 318cu in engine in a car that weighed 3200lbs and a manual tranny. Liek to see them drop more weight to 2800lbs race weight and drop a big stall auto in it.

lemons12
05-14-2012, 02:27 PM
DMMizell 9.083 149.35 "90 Stang 346;TH350:Ultimate 7200stall, 4.56's, CamMotion Custom Solid,2830lbs,11/20/10

Done... Quit your bitching, let me know when they hit 8s @ 150.

HioSSilver
05-14-2012, 02:31 PM
i didn't see any facts in there, nor do i see any name calling.....well...wait.....there was a fact in there....in a statement made by me.

those monte's, while i liked their looks, couldn't get out of their own way with the 305's in them. the buick roadmaster needs that 5.7 to haul around all that weight. they ain't fast. not even close to it. the impalas.......same thing......all of those cars were big overweight lumps. i was just in a roadmaster the other day. while it accelerates decently for what it is, it is nowhere NEAR in mustang territory. hell.....it'd have trouble touching a camaro from back then.

95 Impala SS my mom had ran 15.0 @ 91stock with 3k on it in August heat. Same day a local dealer had 2 new mustang gt's at the track doin demo runs, one auto one 5m. Auto went 15.5, 5m went 15.3. The extra weight of the roadmaster would have slowed it into mustang territory. A friend had a Monte SS with 305ho and 4.10. With over 100k on it and still stock it went 15.5........again not many stock stangs went faster than a 15.0 at my track so these results are comparable. My old 305 Monza went 15.1, and I had a hay day with the old stangs.

1ltcap
05-14-2012, 02:32 PM
Lets not forget about the ultimate killer!!!
Mustang II > 2012 5.0, Terminator, GT500, Fox Body, Boss, supersnake, etc....

Ford really had a winner there!

mustang2? you mean the pinto stang?

Redfire 03
05-14-2012, 02:32 PM

I believe he said "pre-injected" meaning the early 80's Mustangs. The 305 Monte's weren't fast but neither were they.

And some mags had the Roadmaster LT1 in the 14.8-15.0 range which was plenty enough to hold off the unsuspecting stock 5L/5-spd Mustang, an AOD Mustang could forget it. They were virtually identical to the Impalla SS down to weight, drivetrain, etc so check your facts again buddy. :)

1ltcap
05-14-2012, 02:41 PM
95 Impala SS my mom had ran 15.0 @ 91stock with 3k on it in August heat. Same day a local dealer had 2 new mustang gt's at the track doin demo runs, one auto one 5m. Auto went 15.5, 5m went 15.3. The extra weight of the roadmaster would have slowed it into mustang territory. A friend had a Monte SS with 305ho and 4.10. With over 100k on it and still stock it went 15.5........again not many stock stangs went faster than a 15.0 at my track so these results are comparable. My old 305 Monza went 15.1, and I had a hay day with the old stangs.

oooohhh....you came up out of the fox body........when ford dropped the ball. if you go back and look, i said fox bodys. but that's ok. you're one of the ones that can't accept that anything ford was ever faster than anything chevy. :engarde:

1ltcap
05-14-2012, 02:44 PM
I believe he said "pre-injected" meaning the early 80's Mustangs. The 305 Monte's weren't fast but neither were they.

And some mags had the Roadmaster LT1 in the 14.8-15.0 range which was plenty enough to hold off the unsuspecting stock 5L/5-spd Mustang, an AOD Mustang could forget it. They were virtually identical to the Impalla SS down to weight, drivetrain, etc so check your facts again buddy. :)

you did say pre-injected. my 83.....hell.....my 200ci straight six fairmont futura......didn't lose to the 305 montes.

i know they were all the same. my customer with the roadmaster gets pissed when i tell him his cadi is the same as his roadmaster........very pissed......but they still weren't mustang fast. well......as brought to our attention by hio....when ford went away from the fox body, they were......if only that ugly assed s195 mustang weighed less.......:secret2:

Redfire 03
05-14-2012, 02:44 PM
Besides the Typhoon and Cyclone were faster than anything Ford had to offer and they were trucks. :lol:

06X6spdGTO
05-14-2012, 02:45 PM
Sam racing camaro 433cu in built bottom end, liberty trans, 3120lb race weight stock suspension 8.12 @ 170. If we want to compare apples to apples this is the closet you will find for built 5.0L coyote vs built LSx. Dont turn this around to the normal ford vs chevy crying game of, "But yours has a bigger engine!" That shit is childish, you knew the cubes of each car when you bought it. Same goes for pissing and crying about the 4th gen fbody vs the terminators.

Redfire 03
05-14-2012, 02:46 PM
you did say pre-injected. my 83.....hell.....my 200ci straight six fairmont futura......didn't lose to the 305 montes.

i know they were all the same. my customer with the roadmaster gets pissed when i tell him his cadi is the same as his roadmaster........very pissed......but they still weren't mustang fast. well......as brought to our attention by hio....when ford went away from the fox body, they were......if only that ugly assed s195 mustang weighed less.......:secret2:

What's an S195 :confused:

ohioborn80
05-14-2012, 03:06 PM
DMMizell 9.083 149.35 "90 Stang 346;TH350:Ultimate 7200stall, 4.56's, CamMotion Custom Solid,2830lbs,11/20/10

Done... Quit your bitching, let me know when they hit 8s @ 150.

Notice its in a mustang not an fbody...

ohioborn80
05-14-2012, 03:11 PM
Sam racing camaro 433cu in built bottom end, liberty trans, 3120lb race weight stock suspension 8.12 @ 170. If we want to compare apples to apples this is the closet you will find for built 5.0L coyote vs built LSx. Dont turn this around to the normal ford vs chevy crying game of, "But yours has a bigger engine!" That shit is childish, you knew the cubes of each car when you bought it. Same goes for pissing and crying about the 4th gen fbody vs the terminators.

How is comparing a 433 cut in to a 318 even close?

06X6spdGTO
05-14-2012, 03:19 PM
Both built bottom end motors setup for drag racing! Get over it, point proven your still trying to catch up, its not our fault the aftermarket has embraced a simple design such as the LSx. Your a typical whiner, "Its got a bigger built engine than our smaller built ford engine with the same trans." And ill be damn if it aint faster! Probly was cheaper to build too! (Back to your bang for buck zr1 vs coyote comment)

DMizzel is ford tuff with chevy stuff!! A mustang owner with some good taste i might add.

Ohio whens your coyote set to debut in NASCAR?

CyberGrey Z28
05-14-2012, 03:40 PM
Im impressed with the fact that JPC did all that with an engine that has been out for a year at the time. And did it with a 318cu in engine in a car that weighed 3200lbs and a manual tranny. Liek to see them drop more weight to 2800lbs race weight and drop a big stall auto in it.

:zzz:

How do you like these apples you :swing:

Livernois ZL1 first in the 9's!! 9.8@142.4

http://youtu.be/fx-Rxh2BlPs

Specs:

Delivered by Rodger’s Chevrolet 4-27-12 (yes, we’ve only had it 2 weeks!)
2012 ZL1 Auto trans - Full weight with exception of wheels/tires
100% stock suspension
Stock trans w/ Livernois specific trans calibration
Stock catback
4,295 lbs. with driver
240 Miles

Mods:

Livernois Motorsports In-House CNC LSA Cylinder Heads
Livernois Motorsports Stage 2C High Lift Camshaft
Livernois Motorsports LSA Head Studs (Available soon)
Livernois Motorsports Exclusive Heat Exchanger (Available soon)
Livernois Motorsports Solid Supercharger Coupler
Livernois Motorsports Supercharger Pulley
Livernois Motorsports Exclusive Steel Idler Relocation Bracket w/ Metco Pulleys (Available soon)
Livernois Motorsports Spec’d Injectors
Livernois Motorsports Dual Fuel Pump Upgrade
Precision Industries Converter Built to Livernois Specs
Metco Oversize Crank Pulley Ring
Innovators West Oversize Balancer
Rotofab/Livernois Cold Air Intake (Available soon)
Stainless Works Longtube Headers & Connection Pipe
Hardened Pushrods
NGK TR6 Spark Plugs
160 Degree T-Stat
GM 90mm Throttle Body
Bogart 17” Wheels w/ Slicks & Skinnies
Livernois Motorsports Dyno Tune

-Rick

Besides the Typhoon and Cyclone were faster than anything Ford had to offer and they were trucks. :lol:

"0-60 in 4.6 seconds...in the rain!!" :judge:

1ltcap
05-14-2012, 04:38 PM
What's an S195 :confused:

meant sn95.

1ltcap
05-14-2012, 04:40 PM
:zzz:

How do you like these apples you :swing:

Livernois ZL1 first in the 9's!! 9.8@142.4

http://youtu.be/fx-Rxh2BlPs

Specs:

Delivered by Rodger’s Chevrolet 4-27-12 (yes, we’ve only had it 2 weeks!)
100% stock suspension
Stock catback
4,295 lbs. with driver
240 Miles

Mods:

Livernois Motorsports Exclusive Steel Idler Relocation Bracket w/ Metco Pulleys (Available soon)
Hardened Pushrods
NGK TR6 Spark Plugs
160 Degree T-Stat
GM 90mm Throttle Body

-Rick

"0-60 in 4.6 seconds...in the rain!!" :judge:

there's been full weight mustangs in the 9's for a few years now. :cool:

HioSSilver
05-14-2012, 04:41 PM

The reason why you think you won so much, is because the other guy was not racing you.

1ltcap
05-14-2012, 04:43 PM
The reason why you think you won so much, is because the other guy was not racing you.

uummm........even at the track?

i will clarify that the fairmont never saw the track...that was street only, but i used to have a blast with this one guy in his monte carlo.....he seemed to always wanna race. probably because i had mustang wheels on it.

ohioborn80
05-14-2012, 05:14 PM
Both built bottom end motors setup for drag racing! Get over it, point proven your still trying to catch up, its not our fault the aftermarket has embraced a simple design such as the LSx. Your a typical whiner, "Its got a bigger built engine than our smaller built ford engine with the same trans." And ill be damn if it aint faster! Probly was cheaper to build too! (Back to your bang for buck zr1 vs coyote comment)

DMizzel is ford tuff with chevy stuff!! A mustang owner with some good taste i might add.

Ohio whens your coyote set to debut in NASCAR?

SO kinda like you GM fanboys crying we put forced induction smaller engines against your big cubic engines. And ZR1 vs coyote here what I see at track for ZR1's. Man they all run 10's so easy. After he tried talking shit saying he could out run me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5AHnXjj2Gw&feature=g-upl

ZFreie
05-14-2012, 05:19 PM
SO kinda like you GM fanboys crying we put forced induction smaller engines against your big cubic engines. And ZR1 vs coyote here what I see at track for ZR1's. Man they all run 10's so easy. After he tried talking shit saying he could out run me.
Yes but, not all drivers spin, stop, spin some more and then get going.

Next time at the track, launch like an ass and see how slow you can get lol

ohioborn80
05-14-2012, 05:26 PM
Yes but, not all drivers spin, stop, spin some more and then get going.

Next time at the track, launch like an ass and see how slow you can get lol

LOL...I just like when every one says they run 10's stock. And that is his best pass yet. He has ran 14's in it.

916 BREDWNR
05-14-2012, 05:42 PM

I know you're not the brightest crayon in the box, but you can't be that dense really.

A ZR1 will go 10's very easily, just ask someone who can actually drive their car. :)

Here is my PB slip on the first night out on Drag Radials, 305/35 18" Mickey's on C5 Wagon wheels to be exact. Everything else was and still is stone stock for the time being. ~500 ft+ DA

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll35/n20lt4/22391-2010-Chevrolet-Corvette-ZR1-Timeslip.jpg

If only we could get some of that good air like they do on the east coast. :cool:

06X6spdGTO
05-14-2012, 05:46 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azGyjZnppi0

yeah, looks to me like 5.0's get there ass kicked by 2010 LS3 Camaros all day too. Hell stock GTOs and 4th gen Fbodys do better than this steaming heap!!

Now: Just because the guy in this video has a terrible run or two in the 2011 5.0L does that mean all of them are high 13's in the quarter??? PROBLY NOT!

You really do amaze me at how you twist things out of perspective. Whats Neverland really like anyway???

ohioborn80
05-14-2012, 06:00 PM
I know you're not the brightest crayon in the box, but you can't be that dense really.

A ZR1 will go 10's very easily, just ask someone who can actually drive their car. :)

Here is my PB slip on the first night out on Drag Radials, 305/35 18" Mickey's on C5 Wagon wheels to be exact. Everything else was and still is stone stock for the time being. ~500 ft+ DA

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll35/n20lt4/22391-2010-Chevrolet-Corvette-ZR1-Timeslip.jpg

If only we could get some of that good air like they do on the east coast. :cool:

They don'y go easy 10's or the guy I posted would be doing 1o's. And every one says they do it stock not on DR's. Either way good run but still slower then me. Even trap. Not bad for a a little mustang with only a blower and bigs/skinnies that still weighs 3800lbs with me in it. And I wish I could get some 500DA right now. And really wish for that -1000 DA.

ohioborn80
05-14-2012, 06:01 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azGyjZnppi0

yeah, looks to me like 5.0's get there ass kicked by 2010 LS3 Camaros all day too. Hell stock GTOs and 4th gen Fbodys do better than this steaming heap!!

Now: Just because the guy in this video has a terrible run or two in the 2011 5.0L does that mean all of them are high 13's in the quarter??? PROBLY NOT!

You really do amaze me at how you twist things out of perspective. Whats Neverland really like anyway???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVexXKJvQ_E

Show me a 5th gen that does this? I have yet to be beat by any 5th gen mod for mod or when was stock.

06X6spdGTO
05-14-2012, 06:07 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KR6qm4SdPgA

Not bad for a Stock Bottom End LS1 GTO weighing over 3800lbs! OH WAIT~ let me guess it has a bigger engine than YOU!! DAMN!

Hey I think they are in your neck of the woods too!

06X6spdGTO
05-14-2012, 06:08 PM
No need there are LS1's that have done it in a GTO!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_awgBrUGw-0

lemons12
05-14-2012, 06:10 PM
Notice its in a mustang not an fbody...

You really are stupid. :judge:

06X6spdGTO
05-14-2012, 06:12 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Y07-VXmlA0

And another

HioSSilver
05-14-2012, 06:16 PM
They don'y go easy 10's or the guy I posted would be doing 1o's. And every one says they do it stock not on DR's. Either way good run but still slower then me. Even trap. Not bad for a a little mustang with only a blower and bigs/skinnies that still weighs 3800lbs with me in it. And I wish I could get some 500DA right now. And really wish for that -1000 DA.

looks like he went 10's easier than you.

06X6spdGTO
05-14-2012, 06:19 PM
Shit looks like the Cobras that you look down upon run quicker times than you with less work too!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yN1WzvqrGkU&feature=related

ohioborn80
05-14-2012, 06:45 PM
No need there are LS1's that have done it in a GTO!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_awgBrUGw-0

So how are any of those tire only like I posted? Wow didn't know H/C etc was tires only.

06X6spdGTO
05-14-2012, 06:45 PM
hope you run into a GEN V ECS 5th Gen!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Efjzl7-BUrE

Mod for Mod your TOAST!

ohioborn80
05-14-2012, 06:46 PM
Shit looks like the Cobras that you look down upon run quicker times than you with less work too!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Yxekmav2eQ&feature=channel&list=UL

06X6spdGTO
05-14-2012, 06:46 PM
So how are any of those tire only like I posted? Wow didn't know H/C etc was tires only.

LS1 Melissa is/was BOLT ON ONLY!!! CAI, Exhaust, TIRE! DONE

06X6spdGTO
05-14-2012, 06:48 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Yxekmav2eQ&feature=channel&list=UL

Read the first page tool shed BUILT 302 compaired to STOCK BOTTOM END 03 Cobra.

ohioborn80
05-14-2012, 06:48 PM

Before built engine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siqUezuWSyE&feature=channel&list=UL

ohioborn80
05-14-2012, 06:49 PM
Read the first page tool shed BUILT 302 compaired to STOCK BOTTOM END 03 Cobra.

Look at next video. And the 5.0 weighs 3900lbs still. DD still also. Something says the Cobra isn't.

06X6spdGTO
05-14-2012, 06:56 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnARYVk9TDs

no Nitrous Stock HEATON!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4w6xgRoYRE&feature=related

^ 3.4L T56 Cobra Stock Bottom End

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l95Ql6_cvAU

Another

06X6spdGTO
05-14-2012, 07:04 PM
100% Full street Car with interior!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLnN-dsJO7E

automach1
05-14-2012, 07:05 PM

Cool list too bad the 5.4 has been faster then any stock cubed car on that list :jest:

06X6spdGTO
05-14-2012, 07:09 PM
Cool list too bad the 5.4 has been faster then any stock cubed car on that list :jest:

Wouldnt mind seeing the fastest Stock bottom end, stock cube, 5.4L N/A Mod Motor run in the 8s if you have any video of it...

38394Z28
05-14-2012, 07:19 PM
hey OP, good runs!

lol this thread sucks.

CyberGrey Z28
05-14-2012, 07:22 PM
there's been full weight mustangs in the 9's for a few years now. :cool:

Selective reading or failed reading comprehension?

Show me a Pony that has gone 9's with a head/cam package and full bolt-ons.

No Nitrous
100% stock suspension
Stock catback
Not a forged or stroked motor only got head studs for safety
4,295 lbs. with driver

Before you try and find the GT500 in the 9's, note that GT500's went 9's with a 3.4 Mammoth blower not the stock supercharger

automach1
05-14-2012, 07:27 PM

No Nitrous
100% stock suspension
Stock catback
4,295 lbs. with driver

Before you try and find the GT500 in the 9's, note that GT500's went 9's with a 3.4 Mammoth blower not the stock supercharger

Racegas :secret:

916 BREDWNR
05-14-2012, 07:32 PM

Heck my old blown Foxbody went 10's cheaper than you did. :)

As for the ZR1, more than a handful have went 10's....It's long been established these are 10-second cars from the factory. 550whp @ 3300 lbs. You do the math. lol Just that traction is a bitch when you've got a positive-displacement blower on a 6.2L V8. My bone-stock best was 11.0@131 in ~650DA. Other guys have seen 132-134 traps in better air.

Oh, and BTW, I have some BOLT-ON parts on order that should get me in the 9's @ 145-ish. Better pony up Mustang boy. :devil:

06X6spdGTO
05-14-2012, 07:53 PM

As for the ZR1, more than a handful have went 10's....It's long been established these are 10-second cars from the factory. 550whp @ 3300 lbs. You do the math. lol Just that traction is a bitch when you've got a positive-displacement blower on a 6.2L V8. My bone-stock best was 11.0@131 in ~650DA. Other guys have seen 132-134 traps in better air.

Oh, and BTW, I have some BOLT-ON parts on order that should get me in the 9's @ 145-ish. Better pony up Mustang boy. :devil:

:usa:
Each track is a little different and the Positive Displacement Blowers take some serious skill to launch! Makes for a fun show with some street tires tho.

06X6spdGTO
05-14-2012, 07:56 PM
Racegas :secret:

:secret: RACEGAS to Cool the intake air charge from the little 1.9L TVS Spinning 16000+RPM!!

3.4L Mammoth would have a cooler intake charge!

Any luck on finding the 5.4L mod motor running 8's (9.082) NA on the stock bottom end???

ohioborn80
05-14-2012, 07:59 PM

No Nitrous
100% stock suspension
Stock catback
4,295 lbs. with driver

Mods:

Hardened Pushrods
NGK TR6 Spark Plugs
160 Degree T-Stat
GM 90mm Throttle Body

Little more then bolt ons. And I asked Livernois said 14,800 for everything on that list before wheels/tires.

lemons12
05-14-2012, 08:01 PM
Ohio has now learned to ignore smart people, he is catching on.

ohioborn80
05-14-2012, 08:04 PM

I have less then 7k in my whole car set up to include SC/off road x pipe/injectors/bap/wheels-tires 2 set ups/lowering/suspension that is garage/ stall and 30k for the car. And still at 3800lbs as said. Hmm 120k for car then mod money. Yep still losing in the bang for the buck. Next on list is E85-4 mor elbs boost and fuel system. Should touch high 9's. an d still only another 2k invested. And fuel system and injectors will be good for when I get built motor and up to about 20lbs boost.

06X6spdGTO
05-14-2012, 08:05 PM

:lol::werd:

ohioborn80
05-14-2012, 08:06 PM
:secret: RACEGAS to Cool the intake air charge from the little 1.9L TVS Spinning 16000+RPM!!

3.4L Mammoth would have a cooler intake charge!

Any luck on finding the 5.4L mod motor running 8's (9.082) NA on the stock bottom end???

So running race gas is ok. Some here complain if you run Race gas or E85 and say its a race car then.

06X6spdGTO
05-14-2012, 08:08 PM
I have less then 7k in my whole car set up to include SC/off road x pipe/injectors/bap/wheels-tires 2 set ups/lowering/suspension that is garage/ stall and 30k for the car. And still at 3800lbs as said. Hmm 120k for car then mod money. Yep still losing in the bang for the buck. Next on list is E85-4 mor elbs boost and fuel system. Should touch high 9's. an d still only another 2k invested. And fuel system and injectors will be good for when I get built motor and up to about 20lbs boost.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWXbXWZgbpE
^ 10.55 @ 132mph

Bang for buck factor, yours really sucks!!

(406SBC, Dart heads)

06X6spdGTO
05-14-2012, 08:12 PM
So running race gas is ok. Some here complain if you run Race gas or E85 and say its a race car then.

Meth Injection, E85, C16, whatever your fill is I guess. Might want to do some reading on the octane's and fuel composition.

Hell run av gas for all I care!

Im not having a dick measuring contest with the world of drag racing either.....

I know there are cars out there much faster than mine and alot of OLD SBC and SBF guys go faster than I do on less $$$! I just tend to enjoy hot rodding, not a fan of HOT HEADS tho!

D3VIL
05-14-2012, 08:14 PM
LOL...I just like when every one says they run 10's stock. And that is his best pass yet. He has ran 14's in it.

You sir are one ignorant person.

The CAR is capable of 10's STOCK... now the DRIVER might not be...

Are you understanding the difference between the two?

D-O Y-O-U W-A-N-T M-E T-O S-P-E-L-L I-T O-U-T?

06X6spdGTO
05-14-2012, 08:15 PM
Mods:

Hardened Pushrods
NGK TR6 Spark Plugs
160 Degree T-Stat
GM 90mm Throttle Body

Little more then bolt ons. And I asked Livernois said 14,800 for everything on that list before wheels/tires.

Funny thing is it runs with your praised JPC mustang in full street trim for LESS MONEY!!! On the STOCK BOTTOM END AND TRANS!

oh and its only been out 4 weeks, For whatever grand prize that wins ya

ohioborn80
05-14-2012, 08:18 PM
Meth Injection, E85, C16, whatever your fill is I guess. Might want to do some reading on the octane's and fuel composition.

Hell run av gas for all I care!

Im not having a dick measuring contest with the world of drag racing either.....

I know there are cars out there much faster than mine and alot of OLD SBC and SBF guys go faster than I do on less $$$! I just tend to enjoy hot rodding, not a fan of HOT HEADS tho!

I agree with gas. It isn't me who bitches about gas. Its on the local GM guys here.

ohioborn80
05-14-2012, 08:20 PM
Funny thing is it runs with your praised JPC mustang in full street trim for LESS MONEY!!! On the STOCK BOTTOM END AND TRANS!

oh and its only been out 4 weeks, For whatever grand prize that wins ya

I think its impressive for t eh weight. But its been out 4 weeks and the engine set up is been out for a while really with the CTS-V. GT500's will hit in about a month. Should be some good comparison. Think both will suffer form same thing in stock form. TRACTION!

ohioborn80
05-14-2012, 08:22 PM
You sir are one ignorant person.

The CAR is capable of 10's STOCK... now the DRIVER might not be...

Are you understanding the difference between the two?

D-O Y-O-U W-A-N-T M-E T-O S-P-E-L-L I-T O-U-T?

Ahh are you getting butt hurt. That there is a Zr1 that runs 12's. I know what driver mod can do. Yet still have not seen one run 10's stock except at a track rental.

06X6spdGTO
05-14-2012, 08:23 PM
I think its impressive for t eh weight. But its been out 4 weeks and the engine set up is been out for a while really with the CTS-V. GT500's will hit in about a month. Should be some good comparison. Think both will suffer form same thing in stock form. TRACTION!

I will agree with you here! But the same could be said for the 5.0L Coyote, the Mod Motor Design has been around for along time! (Granted the coyote does have a alot more design changes than the LS1, LS2, LS3/7, LSA/9)

I'm not Fully up to date on the coyote by no means but in a nut shell what separates your coyote from the Cobra R, 01 Cobra, and 5.4L???

Ford Revamps the bore, stroke, and Cam Designs??? Changes injection a little and adds VVT??? (Stay basic with me)

ohioborn80
05-14-2012, 08:26 PM
I will agree with you here! But the same could be said for the 5.0L Coyote the Mod Motor Design has been around for along time! (Granted the coyote does have a alot more design changes than the LS1, LS2, LS3/7, LSA/9)

Agree. But as you and I both knwo the MOD motor shies with FI. That is why every one does it instead trying to biuld a N/A one. It cost more t o do a N/A biuld with H/C on a coyote then it does to just SC one.

06X6spdGTO
05-14-2012, 08:30 PM
Agree. But as you and I both knwo the MOD motor shies with FI. That is why every one does it instead trying to biuld a N/A one. It cost more t o do a N/A biuld with H/C on a coyote then it does to just SC one.

Agreed! The LSx Motor shines well N/A, boosted, or N20, these motors in stock form love the spray if setup correctly.

Now for the final question, whats to say an LSx owner couldnt boost and h/c his LSx and be equally as quick/quicker as the coyote?? (Both are great cars as I've stated earlier....)

D3VIL
05-14-2012, 08:31 PM

Haha :rotflmao:

The solution to guys like this to ignore them and they might go away :gtfo:

ohioborn80
05-14-2012, 08:35 PM
Agreed! The LSx Motor shines well N/A, boosted, or N20, these motors in stock form love the spray if setup correctly.

Now for the final question, whats to say an LSx owner couldnt boost and h/c his LSx and be quicker than the coyote?? (Both are great cars as I've stated earlier....)

Comparing similair platforms 5th gen vs 5.0. The 5.0 is on top. And that is with a 427 CU IN SC/nitrous 1. Lingenfelter racing- 8.997 @ 158.80 (377 LS9, TVS 2300, 2 stage Nitrous,M6) to a stock CU IN blower only 5.0 that eveolution went 8.8's in.

06X6spdGTO
05-14-2012, 08:39 PM
Comparing similair platforms 5th gen vs 5.0. The 5.0 is on top. And that is with a 427 CU IN SC/nitrous 1. Lingenfelter racing- 8.997 @ 158.80 (377 LS9, TVS 2300, 2 stage Nitrous,M6) to a stock CU IN blower only 5.0 that eveolution went 8.8's in.

Evolutions car full weight?? LPE's car is 4100+lbs Labeled as the BLACK PIG!! And Im pretty sure Rodney and the boys from RPM will be busting down LPE's record shortly with "MOFO the COPO Killer" also called "The Fridge"

Now 5th Gen platform out of the picture comparing Powerplants Alone!

LSx vs Coyote

LSx Boosted vs Coyote boosted will be the same $$.
LSx H/C vs Coyote H/C (Coyote will cost more $$)
LSx H/C/Boost vs Coyote Boost alone...............
LSx H/C/Nitrous vs Coyote Boost/n20................
LSx H/C/N20/Boost vs Coyote Boost/n20/h/c......

Built bottom ends aside as we've seen the JPC vs SAM Racing camaro already

Fill in the blanks for me please. (Consider both setups in equal weight cars)

I guess the real test we will all be waiting for will be the 5.3L COPO vs the 5.4L Cobra Jet for a showdown for who's who......

Gotta love the ERA we are all in while we can!!

lemons12
05-14-2012, 08:49 PM

And the 5.3 STOCK BOTTOM END has bitch slapped that at BOTTOM 8s in multiple setups.. What does that tell you? Probably nothing with your IQ. The ls stock bottom end platform will have several 7 second cars this year, take my word for that. ;)

Compare the less advanced smaller cubic inch 5.3/ls1/6.0 to the coyote/etc instead of the ls3...

Simply put, people aren't pushing the ls3 to its limits, not even shop cars. PERIOD.