Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS6 Intake question

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2012, 12:53 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS6 Intake question

So I decided to stick with a ported LS6 intake for now thanks for all the advice the fast 102 is to much for my cubes at this point I currently have ported LS1 throttle body my question is how big can I go on the LS6 intake or its the same if I keep my ported LS1 TB
Old 05-07-2012, 03:04 PM
TECH Addict

I dont know for sure what you are asking, but I think you are asking if the ls1 throttle body has the same opening as the ls6 intake? If that is your question then yes, they both are a 78mm opening. Just keep your ported stock ls1 TB.

There are some 80mm ones out there like BBK for instance, but its a waste of money. Ported stocker is pretty much as good as it gets with the ls6 intake.
Old 05-07-2012, 04:11 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by jrob56
I dont know for sure what you are asking, but I think you are asking if the ls1 throttle body has the same opening as the ls6 intake? If that is your question then yes, they both are a 78mm opening. Just keep your ported stock ls1 TB.

There are some 80mm ones out there like BBK for instance, but its a waste of money. Ported stocker is pretty much as good as it gets with the ls6 intake.
Yea that was my question but thanks if my stock ported TB wrks fine and if I dnt have to ipgrade for a bigger then I'm sticking with it I had more neg and positvies on aluminum intakes so I decided to get a fast 102 but then again its to big for my cubes 5.7 not until I switch to bigger cubes like 6.0 then I would get it but for now the ported ls6 should be great and if u say the stock ported TB is good enough then that answers my question I mite do a little big Injectors but maybe lol
Old 05-07-2012, 04:20 PM
TECH Addict

Cant change injectors unless you plan on getting tuned, what year is your car. Stock injectors should be fine for any bolt on car. Especially if you have a 98, or 01-02 with the 28lb/hr ones.
Old 05-07-2012, 04:33 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by jrob56
Cant change injectors unless you plan on getting tuned, what year is your car. Stock injectors should be fine for any bolt on car. Especially if you have a 98, or 01-02 with the 28lb/hr ones.
Yea I do plan to get it tune since I'm deleting cats and 02 sensors so I need a tune I got a orgrammer for now for the dual intake and headers once I change gears stall intake underdrive pulley x pipe and light flywheel I will get a tune here at a shop in twn