Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Was goingto work on the car yesterday and found this connection broken

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2012, 12:51 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Was goingto work on the car yesterday and found this connection broken

We havent used the car in probably a year, after we replaced the spark plugs, the wires, the coilpacks lastyear, the car started but we started to hear a ticking coming from the passenger side. I was hoping that it was something we installed since that would be easier to replace than rebuilding the motor. So yesterday i decided to look at the car after work and of course needed a jump, so while charging the battery, i was going to disconnect the back connection to see if the ticking would go away.. but while trying i notice that the plastic enclosure that protects the wires was pulled apart.

So my question are the cable connections available and how would i go about replacing the one or the set?

Old 05-09-2012, 12:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Its hard to tell from the picture. are the wires still connected or are the completly out of the connector? if the wires are still in tight i would just wrap some electrical tape around them to protect them and call it good. if the wires in the connector ar just loose it is easy to repair by squeezing them together a little more and pushing them back into the connector
Old 05-09-2012, 01:05 PM
TECH Regular

yea i thought of the tape, but i guess that really needs to wait to actually complete my testing.. with it broken its hard to disconnect it from the coil pack..

the pic is of the front to show what connection i was talking about.. i couldnt get a clear pic of the back one..
Old 05-09-2012, 01:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What's broken?
Old 05-09-2012, 01:24 PM
TECH Regular

the plastic surrounding the wires.. if i can get an actual picture of it ill post it up.. but its the last connection on passenger side and couldnt get a good pic yesterday.,