LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Bought The 06 Imp SS Today

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2012, 09:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bought The 06 Imp SS Today

Hey everyone! Thanks for all of your help when I was trying to decide if I should buy the 06 or not. I did it-- higher monthly payment than I wanted, but it's a low mileage car.

The dealership has a 3 day money back guarantee. I need to have pictures taken for insurance purposes and the nearest shop that does that is also a collision shop. I was thinking of having them take a look to make sure the work after the accidents was done correctly before my 3 days is up. Would I be better off going to a regular mechanic?

It was really sad handing over the keys to the bonneville-- I actually shed a tear. That car was really good to me and it was the first car I financed. Not to mention it's a beautiful car.

I'm going to have the tranny fluid changed and a cooler installed if I do decide to keep it. Is there anything else in specific that I should have checked or consider doing?

Thanks in advance.
John
Old 05-09-2012, 09:48 PM
TECH Addict

have you checked the tranny fluid? color, smell, texture. . . ?
Old 05-09-2012, 11:35 PM

Yes, sorry, forgot to mention that.

When I first test drove the car, I checked the color of the tranny fluid on a white piece of paper. It definitely had a brownish color to it. I told the dealer that I wanted it changed. I came back the next day and they told me the service schedule was 50,000 on transmission fluid. I decided it was an easy enough thing for me to have done because I was going to have a tranny cooler installed too.
Old 05-10-2012, 02:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Make sure the motor and trans mounts are intact.
Old 05-15-2012, 01:42 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

nice! congrats man!!

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com
Old 05-15-2012, 02:44 PM
On The Tree

Congrats on the purchase.

I feel your pain with the Bonneville. I had a hard time when I traded mine in too. Still think about how I should have just kept the damn thing.