Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

Picked up my 8th ls1 car.

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2012, 07:59 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Picked up my 8th ls1 car.

99 Camaro ss Real ss
Full stainless exhaust all the way back.
drilled and slotted rotors
pro 5.0 shifter.

The bad
It's got 4.10s which I am going to put stock 3.42s back in it because this car will only be used for weekend cruising.
And I'm gonna have to pull the trans put new synchros and gonna go ahead and upgrade the shift forks in it..nothing big.
While the trans is out I'm gonna go ahead install a new master cylinder and put a spec stage 2 clutch in it.
throw a ls6 intake on it tune it and drive the crap out of it.

So far I have 4500 invested in it.

Old 05-10-2012, 08:30 AM
Staging Lane

Wow, nothing big you say. It's quit something from my perspective.
Old 05-10-2012, 08:39 AM
TECH Apprentice

egh not that hard to pull the trans and when you have friends who can build the them and you know they have quality work it helps
Old 05-10-2012, 09:08 AM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

What's wrong with 4.10's for a "cruiser?" Seems to me that a cruiser would make more sense to keep them rather than if it were a DD.
Old 05-10-2012, 09:17 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by demonspeed
What's wrong with 4.10's for a "cruiser?" Seems to me that a cruiser would make more sense to keep them rather than if it were a DD.
Well I said 4.10s because that's what I were told they were. But its alot deeper it feels .I should be able to start out in 2nd this easy. I can pull out and go from 1, 4, to 6th easy.It may drop down to 1300rpms
Old 05-10-2012, 10:05 AM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I start in second every time I drive through my neighborhood. I also drive 1-4-6 when not enjoying the car to its fullest. This is with factory 3.42's.

Not saying you're incorrect, just a different perspective. For a toy, I say "don't fear the gear!"
Old 05-10-2012, 10:24 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by demonspeed
I start in second every time I drive through my neighborhood. I also drive 1-4-6 when not enjoying the car to its fullest. This is with factory 3.42's.

Not saying you're incorrect, just a different perspective. For a toy, I say "don't fear the gear!"
I understand that.

This isn't the "toy" persay. I jut wanted a 6-speed that I could take on small trips and enjoy. I'm gonna start building me a nasty z28 for just all out racing. Biggest thing I'm thinking about is drag racing lol.

Not 6-speed though. I'll admit I could never get use to racing a m6 at the track. That's why I'm not doing a big upgrade to the trans it'll never see past 370rwhp prolly lol. Last full bolt on m6 I had with a good tune put 367 to the wheels and it was plenty fun. It was alos my HOSS...stupid stupid me for selling it.