Military Hotrod Club - Any car guys in Guam?

View Full Version : Any car guys in Guam?

Alex41
05-10-2012, 06:05 PM
Looks like the wife is pulling a short 2 year in Guam and my son and I get to tag along. Problem is we have 2 cars and we have to take hers since she can't drive a standard.

Anyway...what kind of car scene is there in Guam, if any?

firemech21
05-10-2012, 07:03 PM
Car guys... UM yep better get a shipping discount on matchboxes. LOL just playin brother.

sick_tight
05-10-2012, 07:10 PM
i just got back from there and you will be sadly disappointed....

i was there for roughly a month and all i saw was STUPID riced out carollas and cars of that sort. theres your plethora of small pickups as well.

basically a bunch of small vehicles there. I have heard of alot of sweet off roading trucks there though.

but be glad you cant bring your car because the salt there is BAAAAAAAD.

sick_tight
05-10-2012, 07:11 PM
and the roads there SUCK

but it is SOOOOOOO gorgeous there, go snorkeling. and there is also a cheap dive shop run by some ex military and they will get you dive certified for $180

bones_c
05-10-2012, 08:38 PM
im here now been here for 2 months... flying out tomorrow morning and cannot wait... all ive really seen is like said riced out corrollas and shit... there are some badass 4 whees though... there is a quarter here all concrete from what ive heard... the cars that were there were nice... maybe 35th ss will jump on this and enighten you he seems to know a bit about here... good luck its humid as fuck

Alex41
05-10-2012, 09:43 PM
Hahaha...I grew up in South Mississippi near Keesler AFB so humidity shouldn't be an issue. Looks like I'll be saving up while there to buy myself a really nice WS6 or Vette once we go back state side.

Time to do some crunches and learn how to surf for 2 years I guess. :cool:

bones_c
05-10-2012, 11:09 PM
surf out here doesnt seem to be all that great.... like said above there are alot of dive spots though and cheap certifications.... all in all... i dislike this island lol but im stationed in hawaii and dont like it there either... i dont like being on a rock and i like to drive and on an island you only get to drive in circles!!!

35th SS
05-11-2012, 01:59 AM
grew up in Guam graduated high school and joined the military there now retired in Oahu.I go home every 4 yrs. in fact goin home around the 26 of Aug. taking a hop from Hickam.go check out thier track just before Andersen.alot of things to do if you ask me.go to a village fiesta go visit cocos island.visit one of the nearby islands like Rota Tinian or Saipan.go diving in Truk world war 2 wrecks.

minytrker
05-22-2012, 12:01 PM
I wouldn't take a nice car to Guam that's for sure.