View Full Version : S-10 roll over (pics inside)

red 95 t/a
05-10-2012, 10:03 PM
I figured i would share with you guy what happened to me tuesday nite. I was coming around a bend and a fukn 16 year old kid and 3 in with him was (trying) to do 80 mph around the bend in a 4dr cobalt. He slide into my lane and hit me behind the drivers door,truck went side ways then rolled and slide into a bank on the roof.
The shity part about the whole situation my 10year old son was with me :mad:-------thankfully no 1 was hurt. Truck was just a beater.
So if any young drivers read this. Keep the pics in the back of your mind.
The part about no1 being hurt is a 1 in 500 of happing

http://ls1tech.com/forums/attachments/multimedia-exchange/353485d1336704907-s-10-roll-over-pics-inside-05081218311.jpg

http://ls1tech.com/forums/attachments/multimedia-exchange/353486d1336704907-s-10-roll-over-pics-inside-05081218321.jpg

http://ls1tech.com/forums/attachments/multimedia-exchange/353487d1336704907-s-10-roll-over-pics-inside-05081218481.jpg

nemss1
05-10-2012, 10:10 PM
Wow! Glad you and your son made it out ok and nobody being hurt!

I vote for a raise in driving age because of sh*t like this. Won't solve all of the a$$hat problems on the road, but will help.

red 95 t/a
05-10-2012, 10:14 PM
Wow! Glad you and your son made it out ok and nobody being hurt!

I vote for a raise in driving age because of sh*t like this. Won't solve all of the a$$hat problems on the road, but will help.

thanks Yea it will help. My son is 10 and prolly the biggest gear head i know lol.Thats all he talks about is gettn my t/a when he turns 16. I tell him all the time negative on that. Hes gettn a pinto or chevette or metro some slow pos lol

6898camaross
05-10-2012, 10:27 PM
Damn I glad you guys didn't get hurt.

gocartone
05-10-2012, 10:57 PM
Hes gettn a pinto or chevette or metro some slow pos lol

He's MUCH more likely to kill himself (well, get killed) in one of those than a T/A! Glad everyone was OK in the crash, how'd the Cobalt look?

Scott02WS6
05-10-2012, 11:05 PM
Wow.... honestly i'm surprised no one was hurt but thankfully you both came out ok. I don't know if I agree on raising the age, I know immaturity makes you do stupid things but I believe its a failure on the parents or whoever us teaching them, besides maturity doesn't come with age but instead with experience.

chadroosa
05-10-2012, 11:15 PM
damn that truck is messed up... glad you 2 are ok.... very lucky you guys didnt get hurt... X2 on the t/a deal when i was 16 my dad let me drive his and i wrecked it.. wasnt being stupid, just not paying attention and had a fender bender... but i was scared for my life when my dad got home from work...

Freeman83
05-10-2012, 11:19 PM
Glad everyone was ok! Sorry to hear about this

projectX
05-10-2012, 11:29 PM
Happy to hear you both made it out of that okay - I agree - raise the age to drive.

blk~2000~Z28
05-11-2012, 11:14 AM
No wonder it rolled, there are only 3 wheels on it!

ozzy1
05-11-2012, 06:07 PM
glad to hear that u and your son are ok

phasemaster1
05-11-2012, 07:54 PM
Dude after I would have check everyone was ok, the driver of the cobalt would only have my shoe laces hanging out of his ass from kicking sense in to him.Or her.

TheSilverOne
05-11-2012, 08:27 PM
glad your son and you are okay!

BoostnTBSS
05-11-2012, 09:05 PM
Amen !!!

Marc3.4V6
05-11-2012, 10:21 PM
did the cobalt run away? I hope they crucify him.

msydow
05-11-2012, 10:34 PM
i am glad yall are both okay. i dont know if raising the age to get your DL will help, but i do think it should be harder. i started driving at 4yrs old around the farm. most 16yr olds now have 10 years "experience" driving they're cars on playstation and shit and their parents think thats ok. plus wiht all the texting and facebook and shit now its just not a good situation. something does need to be done though.

red 95 t/a
05-11-2012, 10:58 PM

lol;)

1ltcap
05-11-2012, 11:06 PM
I figured i would share with you guy what happened to me tuesday nite. I was coming around a bend and a fukn 16 year old kid and 3 in with him was (trying) to do 80 mph around the bend in a 4dr cobalt. He slide into my lane and hit me behind the drivers door,truck went side ways then rolled and slide into a bank on the roof.
The shity part about the whole situation my 10year old son was with me :mad:-------thankfully no 1 was hurt. Truck was just a beater.
So if any young drivers read this. Keep the pics in the back of your mind.
The part about no1 being hurt is a 1 in 500 of happing

http://ls1tech.com/forums/attachments/multimedia-exchange/353485d1336704907-s-10-roll-over-pics-inside-05081218311.jpg

http://ls1tech.com/forums/attachments/multimedia-exchange/353486d1336704907-s-10-roll-over-pics-inside-05081218321.jpg

http://ls1tech.com/forums/attachments/multimedia-exchange/353487d1336704907-s-10-roll-over-pics-inside-05081218481.jpg

you should post this over in the "racing and kill story" section.....so those guys will see it's not nearly as safe as they like to think it is when the road looks clear.

that said, glad you and your kid are ok. i landed on the roof once a long time ago......in part due to a tard in a fox body mustang racing another tard in a bmw.

Tainted
05-11-2012, 11:07 PM
glad you and your son are ok, not so happy to hear you didnt whoop that other kids ass

red 95 t/a
05-11-2012, 11:12 PM
Dude after I would have check everyone was ok, the driver of the cobalt would only have my shoe laces hanging out of his ass from kicking sense in to him.Or her.

Yea i was wicked pissed. I had to get my son out of his seat belt he was twisted up in it. So i couldnt get him out,then i looked down and my channel locks were on laying on the roof(the floor) and had to take the top seat belt bolt out.
so by time i got him out there was cops every where. When we left i walked by him and was eyeballn him,he wouldnt even look at me, plus he was cryin.

The lady that owned the cobalt came up and appoligized. She said she just adopted him.
His car was was all jacked up, front end was all caved in. After he hit me, his car still slide like 600-700 ft. There was a lil concrete bridge he went up on the side walk and slide the length on the wall on the bridge

red 95 t/a
05-11-2012, 11:25 PM
you should post this over in the "racing and kill story" section.....so those guys will see it's not nearly as safe as they like to think it is when the road looks clear.

that said, glad you and your kid are ok. i landed on the roof once a long time ago......in part due to a tard in a fox body mustang racing another tard in a bmw.

Ya. Let me be the first to say. I am no saint when it come to driving.(my toys not ever day rides). But i am 30 and have never wrecked or have been hit,this was the first.
I had a 84 camaro with a dart headed 408 with a serious wheel spin problem like 70 mph side ways.

When i drive fast or what ever you wanna call it. I have always done it on back roads when no one else or houses around, just incase i lost it. But wasnt like i was trying to do 160 mph either. Gotta know your limits and the limits of your car.
But as i get older i find myself being more tame. I have to drive the t/a all week because of not having the s10, and can honestlly say i havnt railed on it once. Not because im scared of wrecking or any thing as i am 110% confident in my driving skills and will not atempt any thing i cant do

1ltcap
05-12-2012, 08:01 AM
Yea i was wicked pissed. I had to get my son out of his seat belt he was twisted up in it. So i couldnt get him out,then i looked down and my channel locks were on laying on the roof(the floor) and had to take the top seat belt bolt out.
so by time i got him out there was cops every where. When we left i walked by him and was eyeballn him,he wouldnt even look at me, plus he was cryin.

The lady that owned the cobalt came up and appoligized. She said she just adopted him.
His car was was all jacked up, front end was all caved in. After he hit me, his car still slide like 600-700 ft. There was a lil concrete bridge he went up on the side walk and slide the length on the wall on the bridge

she JUST adopted the kid, and turned him loose in a car that soon? perhaps child protective services needs a look at her.

also....the seatbelt thing. carry a knife. i keep a kershaw in my pocket ALL the time. it let me get my girlfriend out of her seatbelt in about 4 seconds when we landed on the roof. if you don't want to carry a knife, go to a parts store....they make a multi-tool specifically designed to slice seatbelts, and break windows.

again, glad you guys are ok

1ltcap
05-12-2012, 08:10 AM
Ya. Let me be the first to say. I am no saint when it come to driving.(my toys not ever day rides). But i am 30 and have never wrecked or have been hit,this was the first.
I had a 84 camaro with a dart headed 408 with a serious wheel spin problem like 70 mph side ways.

When i drive fast or what ever you wanna call it. I have always done it on back roads when no one else or houses around, just incase i lost it. But wasnt like i was trying to do 160 mph either. Gotta know your limits and the limits of your car.
But as i get older i find myself being more tame. I have to drive the t/a all week because of not having the s10, and can honestlly say i havnt railed on it once. Not because im scared of wrecking or any thing as i am 110% confident in my driving skills and will not atempt any thing i cant do

oohh....don't get me wrong when i keep coming down on the guys in the street racing section. i'm 50. back in the 80's i spent more than my share of time street racing. anywhere i could find a race, plus all the hot spots in philly. i have had exactly 1 "at fault" collision, and that one was 150% my fault, as i wasn't paying attention. i also messed up my truck, and my race car as i had it on the trailer.

as you mentioned, as we get older, we look back, and wonder how the hell we didn't kill ourselves. i know what i can make my cars do, and i know what they can/will do, and how far i can push them. i also(as mentioned in another thread), i saw a collision on jfk blvd and pattison that killed 2 people that weren't even racing. that's what woke me up to the true dangers of street racing....even when it's done in a "safe" environment.

Sail Hatan
05-16-2012, 06:55 PM

I just giggled profusely!

I'm happy you guys are ok. That kid deserves to be stripped of his lisence immediately.

Cowboy97
05-16-2012, 10:23 PM
I believe the good Lord was looking after y'all on that day, to walk away from that kind of damage is awesome! So is it totaled or is it gonna be the next truck in the conversion thread with a turbo 5.3, a little sheet metal here and there, some bondo and paint and you're good to go. Oh and like everybody else said get another tire on that thing, lol.

Cole Train
05-17-2012, 08:34 AM
man i'm glad you or your son didn't get hurt. I am 28 and looking back at the crap i did when i was younger and some of the cars i've owned i'm lucky i never wrecked. i had one fender bender when a kid clipped me but never just wrecked out. Now that i'm older i've settled down alot. Hell i never got a ticket with my Vette and had it from '06-'11 and i had a couple Camaro's before that that i managed to stay out of trouble with as well. IDK that i agree with raising the driving age but parents need to keep better tabs on their kids shenanigans for sure

HoosierDaddy?
05-19-2012, 05:34 PM
Boyy Would I Like To Give That 16yr Old a Pep-Talk an Then a Quick Sucker Punch When Nobody Is Lookin' Lmao! jk but Thank God You OR Your Boy Werent Injured