Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

check out these 270$ pacesetters off ebay?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2012, 09:53 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default check out these 270$ pacesetters off ebay?

are these the infamous "ebay headers"?
thinking of pairing these with TSP's TD.
what do you guys think?
damn good deal?
Old 05-12-2012, 10:02 PM
Launching!

You get what you pay for.
Old 05-12-2012, 10:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Get TSP headers.
Old 05-12-2012, 10:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Or bbk.
Old 05-12-2012, 11:05 PM
TECH Addict

my ebay headers have been great, installed them after my hookers rusted through
Old 05-13-2012, 12:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

Lake michigan? what county?
Old 05-13-2012, 12:52 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by therealcreeper
my ebay headers have been great, installed them after my hookers rusted through
x2 man, mine look and perform awesome and have never hit or rubbed anything. While I don't doubt some haven't had issues, I think most people just repost what others have heard about them from other's who've never tried them either, seems to happen a lot. With that said though the TSP's look like a really nice header, I wouldn't hesitate on those, my y-pipe and catback are TSP and they're awesome!
Old 05-13-2012, 02:23 AM
On The Tree

I bought some ebay headers I will never buy from them the headers look nice and chrome and shiny when I put them it did not fit I had to cram them in there and the headers hit the frame so the whole cat had the vibration I will never buy again they were cheap but again like versz said u get wht u paid for so today I order some stainless hooker headers more money but the quality especially the fit is beter I would not buy them but its a risk some people here say they have not had problems with ebat headers but I did have problems so I guess its a chance u hve to take up to u
Old 05-13-2012, 10:01 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ls1sickandtwisted
I had to cram them in there and the headers hit the frame so the whole cat had the vibration I will never buy again they were cheap but again like versz said u get wht u paid for so today I order some stainless hooker headers...
i installed a set of hooker super comps on my car a few weeks ago. they are a $700+ set of headers. they did not fit better than the pacesetters i had on a dif car 5 years ago. actually, i used my foot to push the driver's side in and one of the primaries rested on the kmember. i clearanced the k with a grinder. pass side was gravy. granted these are a 1 7/8 primary header, i think it's tough to judge how a header will fit. i've done a few header installs, all different brands on different cars. the only ones i didn't have trouble with were the pacesetters. the kooks, qtp, and hookers all had some sort of issue. not saying pacesetters are better, just saying that every car is dif and the headers aren't going to be perfect.
Old 05-13-2012, 10:40 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

no, those arent the infamous ebay headers. Pacesetters are decent for the money. The ebay headers are made by stainless works or something like that.
Old 05-13-2012, 10:51 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hooker and Pacesetter have about the same quality control as the Ebay exhaust companies, your just paying more for the brand. Its all junk these days. If you want 100percent fit and finish your going to pay, that means ARH, Stainless works, Kooks, etc.

To date I have owned 4 sets of headers between all my cars, Hooker, Ebay, Pacesetter, and now Texas Speeds 1 7/8s. I have installed ARHs twice. The ARHs hands down were the best fitting, and it showed but they are $$$, Kooks and SWs installs are similar. The best bang for the buck and and no company can compare to the value ATM is Texas Speeds 1 7/8s. You get stainless steel big tube headers at a bargain!!. Granted they are formed overseas but Texas Speed has a good quality control program and if you have one that is an issue they will swap it out. The install can be different because some people have to pull the steering linkage, or the driver mount, others say they slip right in. Like posted above^^^, every car is alittle different because of driving habits, accident history, wear and tear.
Old 05-13-2012, 10:53 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

BBk's are great for the price.
Old 05-13-2012, 02:25 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by s346k
i installed a set of hooker super comps on my car a few weeks ago. they are a $700+ set of headers. they did not fit better than the pacesetters i had on a dif car 5 years ago. actually, i used my foot to push the driver's side in and one of the primaries rested on the kmember. i clearanced the k with a grinder. pass side was gravy. granted these are a 1 7/8 primary header, i think it's tough to judge how a header will fit. i've done a few header installs, all different brands on different cars. the only ones i didn't have trouble with were the pacesetters. the kooks, qtp, and hookers all had some sort of issue. not saying pacesetters are better, just saying that every car is dif and the headers aren't going to be perfect.
I totally agree all headers mite have issues some minor some are major my ebay headers are garbage in my case they hit the frame on both sides u can't grind it nor cut it I asked and asked I did not wanted to buy new headers but I payed 200 for ebay header they were a waste so I was considering the pacesetters good headers for the price it was 290 with shipping and taxes so not bad so I was set on those pacesetters but hen I foubd a site were I could get hooker headers for 299 with taxes and shipped so I figured spend 9 buvks and get hooker headers and personally I rather get hooker than pacesetter especially when there's not much difference in money so when I get the hooker we will see how they compare to my ebay headers lol
Old 05-13-2012, 04:25 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by justin hover
Lake michigan? what county?
Porter County, Porter small town on the lake in Indiana