Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Quick Help about a test

Old 05-18-2012, 08:43 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Quick Help about a test

so if any of you read my threads I took out my ls6 intake to check my injectors, well im wondering how I can check for leaky injectors with, with the injectors on the fuel rail but not on the LS6 intake, I could then check for leaky injectors?
Old 05-18-2012, 06:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

bump ...
Old 05-18-2012, 09:43 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Pull the fuse(s) for spark & injector.
I removed the rail, with the injectors. Then, with the rail still hooked up to the fuel line, and cheap, plastic cups under each injector, I powered up the pump with a turn of the ign key. Verify that you have full 58lbs pressure.
From here, it's just observation. Check to see if any of the injectors spill fuel.
Btw, gasoline will melt the plastic cup, given enough time!
Further, you can hook up a 9v battery to each injector, in turn, to operate the inj.
Fuel will spill out the inj, into the cup. After opening/releasing the 9v, wipe any fuel clean. Then observe for leakage.
Please be careful. The 9v can create a spark. For this reason, I use at least 3 feet of wire between the 9v battery, and any injector, or fuel.
Also, to AVOID EXPLOSION, the opening & closing of the 9v circuit SHOULD ALWAYS be done at the 9v battery...NOT at the injector.

Last edited by gMAG; 05-19-2012 at 10:31 AM.

Search this Thread