Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

Best tires for 18"

Old 05-18-2012, 09:18 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best tires for 18"

Ill start out with a story.
So I take the gto to the dealership to get everything checked out (warrenty is ending pretty soon) and when I take it up there, I get a reading on the odometer and give them my keys.
When I get it back the car had 10 miles added to it, and 2 flat tires. the was a nail in both the front and back passenger side.. I leave the dealership and the only sound I hear is a tapping noise, later to find out it was the nail in the back tire...they claimed that the tires were already punctured and low when I dropped it off. So my question is what tires are the best for my money? I have 18 in. tsw's and am I need of some tires. Any suggestions will be great.

does anyone else think that I have anything against the dealership? because without a doubt I didn't hit any nails. it would be incredibly obvious as it would sound like a machine gun going off... thanks for any help
Old 05-18-2012, 10:34 AM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

First, good luck with getting anything out of the dealership....depends on what you want to do with the car, but for normal daily driver I ran and loved the Riken Raptors. They had decent grip and last a while....if you want more grip, but don't care about wear you can go with a Nitto drag radial, but they get really slick on wet or even damp roads.
Old 05-18-2012, 10:35 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do you just want the cheapest ones or what? Because you can get some cheap ones for like $84ea

Go to performanceplustire and look there. Just picked up some BFG Gforce Sports for mine for $123ea with free shipping.
Old 05-18-2012, 01:22 PM
Teching In

Best for my money. And I know there is multiple way to go by this. so any info is great
Old 05-18-2012, 06:54 PM
Staging Lane

Get the bridgestone potenza s04's..They are alittle pricey,but get great traction in wet or dry conditions..
Old 05-19-2012, 12:57 AM
On The Tree

Ive been happy with the BFG G-Force Sport line.
There are tires better for drag racing and such, or for even tread life, but the BFGs are an ok balance.

When i take my car to the stealership, i sit in the waiting lobby and dont leave til they are done.
Rather have my afternoon ruined than my car. Too many bad stories on EVERY forum about dealerships bastardizing peoples cars.
Sorry to hear that happened to you.
Good luck on your tire purchase.
--Glenn
Old 05-19-2012, 04:06 PM
Launching!

Are you looking for dry grip, wet grip, or how many miles you can get from them?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Best tires for 18"