LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

New Paint on the TA...whats your fav?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2012, 11:20 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Paint on the TA...whats your fav?

Just picked the TA up last night. I gotta say i def love the color. I'm not gonna lie that blue would really look good in certain lighting but at the same time in other lighting and mainly at night it was almost neon and looked nasty so i def love the pure look of the metallic gray. What's your thoughts though? The blue/purple was way too bright to work through the car. The gray however is very usable.
Attached Thumbnails New Paint on the TA...whats your fav?-imag2142-1.jpg   New Paint on the TA...whats your fav?-imag1978.jpg  
Old 05-19-2012, 11:24 AM
Staging Lane

The side emblems are already matched as well as the rear bumper inlay that most TA owners paint a flat/matte black. However my car being black thats not gonna work so i experimented and had the inlay painted to match the hood. Not sure how i feel about it. I mean its very clean and he did great work but i'm thinking that it makes the car look smaller and sets high from the rear.

I don't think its the color as much as it is that my car is black so any color is gonna be lighter and make it seem that way. I need to get my new exhaust and dual tips on then decide i guess. I did have an idea though. My car is gloss black so what if i flat/matte blacked the inlay? Would that look wierd with the hood and side emblems being gray? I kinda think it would look ok and atleast give me that matte look on the inlay. Oh btw i've got ls1 honeycomb tails to put in so the all black tails will be leaving so that may factor in on the decision once its done.
Attached Thumbnails New Paint on the TA...whats your fav?-imag1705.jpg   New Paint on the TA...whats your fav?-imag1971.jpg  
Old 05-19-2012, 11:30 AM
Staging Lane

get that in carbon
Old 05-19-2012, 11:30 AM
Staging Lane

http://6litereaterdesigns.com/store/...roducts_id=225
Old 05-19-2012, 11:50 AM
Staging Lane

wow thats a sexy piece my friend. Not sure i'd do cf though cause i don't have any cf anywhere else. I'd love to have that piece in flat/matte black.
Old 05-19-2012, 12:10 PM
Staging Lane

emblem pic
Attached Thumbnails New Paint on the TA...whats your fav?-imag1965.jpg  
Old 05-19-2012, 01:43 PM
10 Second Club

not bad..imo.i would of left the hood black ans put red emblems i love that combo
Old 05-19-2012, 02:12 PM
Staging Lane

when i got it the hood was already blue. I thought about just painting it all black but i liked how painting the ram air part made it look a lil bigger. I looked at lots of pics and the height of the ram air hood didn't seem to look as big just one solid color. I really wanted to do the emblems in red and the calipers but with the gray its gonna look like a Dale E. Intimidator special. lol And i don't want that. Haha

I think i'm gonna do away with the gray on the rear bumper though. Just flat black it and see how it works with the gloss black.

Quick Reply: New Paint on the TA...whats your fav?