PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I have a p0101 code

Old 05-19-2012, 05:06 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I have a p0101 code

I posted this already but possibly in the wrong area before ..... but anyways i have a stock 2000 ss camaro that i bought earlier this year that unfortunately has been giving me problems since day one. One day driving home from work it kept spuddering and acting like it wanted to stall but no light was coming on. Got it home and tried to start it again in my driveway and would idle around 1000 rpms but was spuddering and the rpms bounced around till it would stall on me and only way i could keep it from doin that would be to keep givin it gas. Even sometimes when i would push the gas pedal down it didnt even seem to register. I replaced fuel filter to no luck but then a code was being thrown and it was a p0101 code which is maf circuit range/performance problem. So i took out the maf and cleaned it twice with crc cleaner but no luck again. I unplugged the maf and did the same thing it was doing. So i bought a new ac delco maf sensor and replaced the k&n filter cuz i heard they can cause issues with the maf and still no solution! Not sure what else to do. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks.
Old 05-19-2012, 05:24 PM
Teching In

I had the same problem about 2 weeks ago. Never seen this code since I've owned the car since 2005. My car is a 2004 Z06 H/C. Tried cleaning the maf as well as trying a different maf but made no difference. Only way I got rid of the always occurring code was having my tuner adjust the maf parameters.
Old 05-20-2012, 07:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Heres a troubleshooting tree
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
P0101.pdf (35.8 KB, 4781 views)
Old 05-20-2012, 09:04 PM
Teching In

Ok well i rescanned just to make sure no more codes were stored and now i have 3 and they are p0101, p0102, and p0161. The p0161 code refers to an 02 sensor so could that be the cause of my spuddering issue and also causing the other codes to show up?
Old 05-25-2012, 07:32 PM
Teching In

Ok well i cleared all the codes and the only one that came back was the p0101 code. The engine has always had a small knock to it but now it sounds really loud and im not sure if it is louder because it is running funny or if it is the fact that something finally gave in the motor. Could that be a possibility? Could that cause a p0101 code?
Old 05-26-2012, 06:39 AM
On The Tree

The code is set when the pcm does not see the proper range of air flow based on other inputs it recieves noted the diag. chart that sreve gave you. Being it is running that bad you probably have a major fault not just a little off. One thing to do is check key on engine off baro and map should be the same. If you are worried about the o2 then unplug it for now. Will get code but no adjust of fuel.
Old 05-26-2012, 06:41 AM
On The Tree

What's your fuel pressure? How about a clogged cat? Open the exhaust.
Old 06-05-2012, 07:09 PM
Teching In

I havent been able to check fuel pressure yet but just curious if the small knock coming from the engine could have caused this p0101 code to show up. The knock was never very loud but seems louder now but i just figured it was from the car running like crap. Is it possible my motor could have taken a **** and this is what's causing my issue?
Old 01-11-2017, 05:07 AM
Teching In

Randy I have the same issue it happen last week. started the car up when it was super cold and then the car was miss firing. I had 3 different shops look at it they are all stumped. Car gets a code P0101 cleaned MAF checked compression, fuel pressure, injectors, they checked the coils and replaced the plugs and wires, they did a smoke test they can't figure it out.Car has about 60k miles and i take care of it. The problem i think is the wiring harness that goes into the K& N air filter seems beat up and i had leak of power steering fluid that's what im thinking. I replaced the 02 sensor about 2 years ago the ones in rear was shut off from a tune.
Old 01-11-2017, 12:37 PM

Received 386 Likes on 295 Posts

Replying to or even continuing a 4-1/2 year old thread is not good etiquette.
If you need help, please simply start a new thread.
People here are happy to help out, but not happy to first read through an ancient thread.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I have a p0101 code