Cadillac CTS-V - Where can i get the best deal on a CTS-V front bumper cover??

NeverSatisfied02
05-20-2012, 06:05 PM
I posted in the classifieds that i'm looking for one but if i cant find a deal on a used cover fairly quick, ill prob just order one new. I've been watching ebay but haven't seen any front covers on there in a long while.

I've found quite a few sites by doing a google search that offer aftermarket and remanufactured OEM bumpers for around $450-$500 shipped. I'd prefer to stay OEM of course but if you can't tell the difference and quality is good on an aftermarket one and i can save some $$$, i'm not opposed to going that route.

Any suggestions as to which route would be best as far as aftermarket or remanufactured if i cant find a deal on a nice used OEM cover??

54inches
05-20-2012, 07:43 PM
What hep owned to yours?

NeverSatisfied02
05-20-2012, 08:10 PM
It had some minor damage on the lower lip when I got the car. Its not bad and can be repaired but I don't want to repair it. I'd rather just replace it with a new one and sell this one local on Craigslist to someone who wants to mess with it.

serik21
05-21-2012, 09:57 AM
Your better of fixing your own bumper. New one is about 500. Everything cheaper would be a previously repaired bumper

NeverSatisfied02
05-21-2012, 11:10 AM
$500 isn't bad for a brand new bumper. Was just hoping to find it cheaper if possible or find a deal on a perfect used cover. I want to replace this one regardless.

BudRacing
05-21-2012, 11:23 AM
The secret is to park in precarious places for other people backing out.. then when they back into you have their insurance pay for a new bumper. ;)

cashbrown
05-21-2012, 11:30 AM
Try and google Keystone autoparts. They are a nationwide salvage dealer and have OEM stuff at good prices and they deliver too. I used to own a body shop and can tell u from experience the cheap aftermarket bumper covers are junk! There will be gaps in the body lines, very thin material, they sag over time.

NeverSatisfied02
05-21-2012, 11:38 AM
Bud... Not a bad idea... Lol might have to do that if I can't find one. Lol

Cash... I appreciate the info! I'll stay away from aftermarket and keep hunting for a good OEM cover! :cheers:

Stone17
05-21-2012, 11:44 AM
The secret is to park in precarious places for other people backing out.. then when they back into you have their insurance pay for a new bumper. ;)

Or Run over a truck tire on the freeway. That will mess it up good.

NeverSatisfied02
05-21-2012, 11:50 AM
My buddy who had the car before me hit a tire which is what caused this damage on the lower lip. Not sure I wanna claim insurance though because the car has a clean carfax and my deductible is $500. For $500, I can have the new cover. Not to mention ill prob find a local CTS guy that wants a V cover that will throw me $200 or so and have this one painted. So... Really it'll only cost me $300 for a new cover when it's said and done which is why I'd rather just replace it. I just need to find a deal on a good OEM piece. I'd rather not go aftermarket.

EdmundGTP
05-21-2012, 02:28 PM
Dude... It's a 2005 V, not a 69 Camaro. Filing an insurance claim to get your front bumper fixed PROPERLY, for $500 out of pocket is NOT going to have a huge impact on the resale or trade-in value of your car at this point. The other kicker is, if you do get a new bumper cover for cheap and have it painted, it's going to cost way more than an extra 100 bucks to have it properly blended and matched with your hood and fenders. Or you can pay some dude under the table at a body shop to spray the bumper alone and PRAY that it matches the rest of your car (and silver aint no cake-walk to match). I'd rather file the claim and pay the deductable and have a front end that looks as good as new, than end up with a front end that looks like haggard ass in the name of saving 200 bucks up front and MAYBE another couple hundred when you go to sell or trade in. Take it to a GOOD body shop that will guarantee their work and will cut ZERO corners in repair. More than likely they will NOT want to fix and refinish a bumper cover that has actual cracking of the plastic, because the quality and longevity of their paint job will be at risk of failing prematurely from the damage area.

BudRacing
05-21-2012, 03:09 PM
Dude... It's a 2005 V, not a 69 Camaro. Filing an insurance claim to get your front bumper fixed PROPERLY, for $500 out of pocket is NOT going to have a huge impact on the resale or trade-in value of your car at this point. The other kicker is, if you do get a new bumper cover for cheap and have it painted, it's going to cost way more than an extra 100 bucks to have it properly blended and matched with your hood and fenders. Or you can pay some dude under the table at a body shop to spray the bumper alone and PRAY that it matches the rest of your car (and silver aint no cake-walk to match). I'd rather file the claim and pay the deductable and have a front end that looks as good as new, than end up with a front end that looks like haggard ass in the name of saving 200 bucks up front and MAYBE another couple hundred when you go to sell or trade in. Take it to a GOOD body shop that will guarantee their work and will cut ZERO corners in repair. More than likely they will NOT want to fix and refinish a bumper cover that has actual cracking of the plastic, because the quality and longevity of their paint job will be at risk of failing prematurely from the damage area.

... which leads me back to my point :burn:

LAYGO
05-21-2012, 03:09 PM
With how simple it is to change bumpers, I've considered getting a new one matched to my paint & use it to drive to shows & whatnot. My present bumper is pretty beat. Not horrible, but not perfect either. Under side has touched the road a few times, there's some stress cracks at the lower edge corners, rock chips galore, etc etc.

I figure, why put a new bumper on there, when it'll end up looking the same in a few years.

bamacaddy
05-21-2012, 08:15 PM
Mine was split about 4" long right above the passenger foglight. I searched high and low for a replacement with NO LUCK. I had a few little scratches and dings from 140k of driving. I seriously considered reporting it on the insurance and getting the whole front end fixed. Kinda glad I didn't cause the FIRST thing the buyer did was pull a carfax and WOULD NOT consider buying one that had damage....BUT he didn't mind buying it with a busted bumper. He said "at least this way I know what the damage was and after I fix it myself it's still gonna have a clean carfax." Just my experience.

NeverSatisfied02
05-22-2012, 12:45 PM
Edmund... Thats exactly why my paint guy suggested i replace it. He does my paintwork for cheap and he does a good job but it wouldnt include blending. Id just drop the bumper and the EC cowl hood off to be sprayed and pick them up and reinstall them myself. The comment about the blending now has me thinking maybe i should put it on insurance. Wonder if i can call them and tell them i had initially planned to fix it myself but i have decided to use them and if they will have a problem with the fact that i've already pulled the bumper and everything off the car?

Bud... It is a very good point indeed. lol

I was just trying to avoid having anything on my carfax report. Its always a big bonus when its clean even though a lot of people fix their damage under the table and even some body shops dont report major repairs. People really shouldn't focus as much on carfax as they do the car itself but they do.

Bama... If the paint wasnt missing on the cover, i'd just leave it alone. I know its going to get rock chips and shit anyway... I just want it to be presentable again.

BudRacing
05-22-2012, 02:15 PM
Considering your paint is clean, I don't think the paint will be off by much if any. It's a stock color. It may have a fresher look for obvious reasons, but a little buffing of adjacent panels should "blend" it well enough.

RRsV
05-22-2012, 02:20 PM
x2 above....

wcryan
05-22-2012, 02:50 PM
ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Just plasti dip it or something ; )

St Louis SHO
05-22-2012, 06:01 PM
I got mine from Weirparts.com, we have a wholesale account through them, and paid $500. Good luck finding one under $650-750 shipped.

04Vguy
05-22-2012, 08:26 PM
Or Run over a truck tire on the freeway. That will mess it up good.

I personally low this to be true. A truck tire murdered the whole front end of mine.

NeverSatisfied02
05-23-2012, 12:56 PM
Yeah... I don't think matching will be a big deal. Im having this guy paint the EC cowl hood and the new bumper both at the same time so if anything, he can just buff the fenders some or even do the whole car and it will be just fine. I've decided not to put it on insurance. I was going to but with the bumper already being off the car because i was intending to do the repair myself, i don't feel like dealing with the hassle i'm sure they will give me for disassembling the car already.

Found the cover on gmpartsdirect.com for $449. Emailed them since they dont have a phone number and im waiting for a quote on shipping. If i can get a brand new OEM cover to my door for $600 or less, ill be happy since my old one should bring $250 or so from someone who wants to mess with it. I figure ill throw it on craigs and someone with a base cts will want to do the swap.

NeverSatisfied02
05-23-2012, 01:29 PM
Found a site called OEMbumpers.com that offers reconditioned OEM covers for the V for $410.99. After shipping ($45.95)... Its $456.94. Seems to be the best deal since a new OEM cover is $680 shipped from Weirparts.com.

I called and spoke to the lady at OEMBumpers.com and they are a body shop. She said the bumpers are all factory OEM parts and are inspected and certified before being sold. I'm assuming that maybe they come off cars that were wrecked in the rear and the front cover is used but still good. She said they strip them down to primer and sell them for the price i listed already prepped for paint or they offer to paint match the bumper to your paintcode/VIN before they send it for an additional $175. Doesn't seem like a bad price either way coming ready to install or even coming needing paint. My concern would be the paint quality more than the structural condition of the bumper and without seeing it before i'd get it, i'd almost rather buy it prepped and take it and have it painted by the same guy that will be painting my cowl hood.

Anyone used them or heard anything about them?

bamacaddy
05-24-2012, 02:54 PM
I'd be scared to let them paint it.....2 main reasons.
1. Paint quality and shipping costs if it's not up to your standars NIGHTMARE.
2. Most aftermarket body pieces need some MAJOR twisting,bending, and all out ass beating to get the proper fit. I couldn't imagine doing this on a plastic piece that's already been sprayed.
Just my .02

NeverSatisfied02
05-24-2012, 03:02 PM
Yeah... Im not going to have them paint it.

Actually called Luke and Lindsay Cadillac and depending on what shipping costs, i might just order it new and be done. More than i wanted to spend but at least it'll be brand new and done 100% right. He's cutting me a bit of a deal so I'm hoping i can get out the door for a reasonable amount.

AF_John
05-24-2012, 04:28 PM
http://www.partstrain.com/store/details/Cadillac/CTS/Replacement/Bumper_Cover/2007/V/8_Cyl_6-dot-0L/C010347PQ.html?location=Front

NeverSatisfied02
05-24-2012, 04:41 PM
http://www.partstrain.com/store/details/Cadillac/CTS/Replacement/Bumper_Cover/2007/V/8_Cyl_6-dot-0L/C010347PQ.html?location=Front

Damn! Thats cheap! Wonder what shipping would be? Only thing that kinda scares me is that the pics are of the standard CTS bumper. Knowing they are interchangeable, im hoping they arent listing the cts bumper for the V like some people do on ebay.

NeverSatisfied02
05-25-2012, 02:28 PM
Said fuck it and ordered a brand new cover from Luke and Lindsay. Should be here in a week along with my EC cowl hood. Just got all my lights smoked and grills painted black. Ordering the HID's and LED's come Monday to put em all in. Then I gotta throw those true forged satin black staggered 20's on it with the drop and all the other performance shit I have in the garage waiting to be installed and get it retuned. Black interior will be here wednesday. Car will be sick very soon! :)

If I don't dig the look of the forged wheels, I'll sell em and just coat my stockers black or find some black CCW's.

AF_John
05-25-2012, 08:00 PM

I had mine painted hyper black metallic you can't really see it in the pics but it has some silver metallic. Had fixrim do it the guy came to the house with a truck with a down draft paint both and all the stuff to remove and remount the tires. He pulled, repaired two of them, painted, balanced reinstalled all at the house for $510.

bamacaddy
05-25-2012, 08:23 PM
AF John...Call me a tard, but what color is your car? Doesn't look black???

AF_John
05-25-2012, 08:39 PM
thunder gray chromaflair was only available for 2007. Only like 89 with black interior made :)

bamacaddy
05-25-2012, 09:12 PM
I think that's the first one I've ever seen. BADASSSSSS indeed. Good lookin ride. I have to admit I'm on here twice as much now that I sold my V than I was when I had it. Separation anxiety?? LOL

NeverSatisfied02
05-25-2012, 09:16 PM
AF John... Car looks sick man! Love that thunder Grey and the wheels look black in the pics but I'm sure u can see the flake in them in person. Price isn't bad at all for him coming to you and doing all of that. I have a local powdercoater that does a bad ass job and does it cheap but I do my own dismount and remount at discount tire.

I'm going to throw the staggered 20's on the car and if I like the fit, I'll take those to Powdercoat and have em taken apart and done whatever color I wish. If I don't like em, I'll sell em and do my stockers satin or gloss black.

NeverSatisfied02
05-25-2012, 09:18 PM
Bama... Buy another one! Lol

Gerrr on here has a thunder Grey with black interior. It's slammed on coilovers with ccw sp600's that have been powdercoated satin black. He had his grills painted black as well. Looks sick!

bamacaddy
05-25-2012, 09:53 PM
I've had to put things on hold...My daughter's starting high school in August. I'm hoping for a V2 when she graduates......IFFFF I can hold out that long LOL.

NeverSatisfied02
05-25-2012, 10:31 PM
I hear ya man! V2 is by far my number one choice for my next car. My buddy has a black 09 V and it's the fastest V in the world at this time but still a complete daily. Lol made 1104 on the dyno a month ago and when they ran it, it went 9.79 in the 1/4 and it was only making 950 then. Ive driven it a few times and you'd think it was stock other than the cam abd exhaust until u mash the pedal and fishtail all over the place at 75 lol it's nasty!!

AF_John
05-25-2012, 11:19 PM
Thanks glad you all like it. The rim fix guy will do it for $100 each if you are just going black and no damage.

EdmundGTP
05-25-2012, 11:31 PM
AF I think we need to see a few more pics of your car. I wanna see more of that paint.

NeverSatisfied02
05-25-2012, 11:31 PM
Where are u located? My stock wheels have a couple rash spots from the previous owner. Mostly just the passenger front that's bad but it's not deep. Just surface rash around the very edge. Sure it could be sanded down smooth/fixed pretty easy. I do have a couple very small ding marks on my true forged wheels. The very outer lip on one of the wheels got nicked a couple times in shipping. Nothing major but I wanna have them touched up cause the rest of the wheels are perfect. If ur here in Houston area, I'll use that guy.

NeverSatisfied02
05-25-2012, 11:34 PM
Thunder grey was my favorite for the longest time. Hardly ever see them on the road. I think I've seen one in person in the last couple years since I've been in the V scene. I like that it was an 07 specific color and there was such a small amount made with black interior.

AF_John
05-26-2012, 09:22 AM
I'm located in Palm bay Florida. But fixrim is a franchise here's a link to the one Houston. Give'em a call see what he can do. http://www.fixrim.com/houston.php
I'll clean up my V and start a thread with pictures soon.

AF_John
05-26-2012, 09:25 AM
Thunder grey was my favorite for the longest time. Hardly ever see them on the road. I think I've seen one in person in the last couple years since I've been in the V scene. I like that it was an 07 specific color and there was such a small amount made with black interior.

Yeah I didn't think I would find a thunder grey but I did and it is a CPO I'm about to lose my job so it may be for sale very soon.

NeverSatisfied02
05-26-2012, 09:33 AM
Thanks for the info bud! I'll give them a shout. And yes... Detail it and post pics. I'd like to see some shots of that color.

And that sucks man. Hope u don't have to sell it but if u do, send me some details on it. I doubt I'd be able to scoop it since I just bought this second one a little over a month ago now and I've already got it coming along the way I want it but I have some friends that would def be interested.

WeDragBody
05-27-2012, 04:39 PM
Dude make sure you clear shield the new hood and BC it will save your paint from rock chips stupit..

WeDragBody
05-27-2012, 04:51 PM

I called its a catalog error this cover is for the base Cts

NeverSatisfied02
05-27-2012, 07:11 PM
Clear shield looks like shit... At least on the cars ive seen it on. It fades into a yellowish color over time and u can see the lines around it which is tacky. If there is a better option to protect the front end, I'd consider it but from what I've seen of the clear shield, I'd rather leave it alone and just be careful.

I knew that listing was an error at that price. Glad to see u did a search or found my thread with all the info in it... :thumb: lol

bamacaddy
05-27-2012, 07:19 PM
Sorry I meant to comment about that CTS bumper cover. I found it on Fleebay a while back and when I called about it they said it was for a standard CTS and it was a misprint and would be removed or ammended the next day. Guess they have REALLY long days.

bamacaddy
05-27-2012, 07:21 PM
Clear shield looks like shit... At least on the cars ive seen it on. It fades into a yellowish color over time and u can see the lines around it which is tacky. If there is a better option to protect the front end, I'd consider it but from what I've seen of the clear shield, I'd rather leave it alone and just be careful.

I knew that listing was an error at that price. Glad to see u did a search or found my thread with all the info in it... :thumb: lol

Is clear shield the 3m type stuff they put on luxury cars as an add on from the factory or at the dealership? If so it is CRAP! When I wholesaled cars I saw TONS of them get passed over time and time again due to the discolor of the "protective coating". Not a fan.

NeverSatisfied02
05-27-2012, 08:48 PM
Yeah man... I called myself and found out it was for a CTS only. I assume they're leaving it listed incorrectly because technically it will fit a V but I'm sure at that price, it'll sell much quicker than a standard cts cover. Not right but why else wouldn't they change it after they've been contacted numerous times about the mistake?

And yeah... That's the stuff. 3M clear shield. It's pricey to have it installed too and looks like shit after less than a year. And... To remove it... It will most likely ruin the paint under it because it been cooked on there for so long and if it does come off without damaging the paint, it will still show the lines of where it was and discoloration.

bamacaddy
05-27-2012, 09:17 PM
Yeah I bought an IS250 once that had that junk on it. Dark graphite or whatever the color is....Cost me like $500 to get it removed and professionally buffed and cut out, worst part is that you could still see where it was. I'd NEVER put it on one of my rides... Just my .02

NeverSatisfied02
05-27-2012, 09:30 PM
I feel the same about it man. Seen too many vehicles that have it and it always looks like shit over time. Waste of money IMO as well.

bamacaddy
05-28-2012, 06:08 PM
The crazy thing is that dealerships charge an extra $500-$1,000 for this. The new Nissan GTR has "scratch resistant paint". We had one at the dealership I worked at and after looking at it for a month a buddy hit it with a key (medium pressure LOL) and it didn't even make a scuff. I'm not sure what they use but it's amazing. A guy brought one in that was a year old with 45k on it and there wasn't a single rock chip/scratch on it. It sees 90% city driving and is NO garage queen......The bad part is that Nissan charges like $8,000 for the paint.

royalflushcadicts
08-13-2012, 10:08 PM
bad news...iwrecked my caddy :'(

babrown18
08-14-2012, 04:13 AM
Insurance covered mine with paint, new fogs, bottom grille all for my deductible. I was riding down the highway and a semi had a blowout and guess where the rubber went...

But yea make an insurance claim and they should hook u up.

thefullmonty_07
08-17-2012, 03:36 PM
Hey don't know if you're still looking but found this on ebay...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2003-2007-Used-Cadillac-CTS-V-Front-Bumper-Cover-/261084263774?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3cc9d5b55e&vxp=mtr#ht_500wt_1180