Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

multiple missfire

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2012, 07:16 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry multiple missfire

So far i have gotten this far in my diagnosing if anybody has an idea where to guide me too please help thanks, well i started by throwing carb cleaner on top of the engine area i had a vacuum leak the top of the intake manifold where the egr pipe goes in after that i had replaced the 2 knock sensor because of code p0332 and p0300 well the code cleared up on its own and then my alternator went out p1637 i took off the alternator and had it tested bad voltage regulator so i replaced it and the exciter wire while i was at it.

but then p0300 came back so i found out my sisters bf's dad had a snap on scanner so he put it on and i read the cylinder missfire and it was missfiring like crazy on #6 but #1 & #8 were missfiring once in a blue moon but all of this only at idle once rpms hit 2000 no more missfires so i did checked the resistance on a few wires and they were like at 18000 ohms so i replaced them and moved coil #6 to #2 & #8 to #4 and finally #1 to #3 and same thing #6 but not as crazy so then i switch injectors same way but i forgot to take out the key so i think that made code p0200 come up but no ses light so thats where i stand now any ideas ?
Old 05-20-2012, 07:18 PM
Teching In

Oh forgot to put the car 99 m6 camaro rebuilt engine 800 miles ago
Old 06-16-2012, 10:32 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

same problem here. #6 most of the time, with p0300. took my fuel injectors off and cleaned them. ran ok for 15 mins, no codes. hit the accelerator hard and it came back. now spudders and pops in exhaust.

deciding if I should buy a coil and start to swap it around.
Old 08-25-2012, 09:20 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by leon phelps
same problem here. #6 most of the time, with p0300. took my fuel injectors off and cleaned them. ran ok for 15 mins, no codes. hit the accelerator hard and it came back. now spudders and pops in exhaust.

deciding if I should buy a coil and start to swap it around.
im having the same problem. i have a 2000 ss 6 speed.
did you ever get a solution.
Old 08-26-2012, 08:05 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

get a street tune and they will tell you the problem. had the same issue with the random misfire. my fuel trim was out of whack with the new exhaust, the tune fixed it.

Quick Reply: multiple missfire