View Full Version : Z28 y-pipe ??

bahrain z28
05-22-2012, 09:29 AM
hello there,

well, as we all know that the stock Pipe has a bit air flow restriction since its compressed on both sides. anyways, someone bought a ceramic coated Y-Pipe and unfortunately for him his car was totaled so he wants to sell some parts.

what are the advantages of the Y-Pipe .. i mean does it worth 100$ ??
it's new and never been used.

i removed the catalytic converters already and was planning to install a Y-Pipe.
any performance improvements and such as ????

thanx

NicB
05-22-2012, 09:46 AM
Probly alittle but the headers and ory will get the best gains

loyolacub68
05-22-2012, 12:27 PM
hello there,

well, as we all know that the stock Pipe has a bit air flow restriction since its compressed on both sides. anyways, someone bought a ceramic coated Y-Pipe and unfortunately for him his car was totaled so he wants to sell some parts.

what are the advantages of the Y-Pipe .. i mean does it worth 100$ ??
it's new and never been used.

i removed the catalytic converters already and was planning to install a Y-Pipe.
any performance improvements and such as ????

thanx

Pretty sure the stock headers on our cars are biggest restriction. You will see little to no gain going to the y-pipe. But since you already removed the cats why not go to long tube headers?

bahrain z28
05-22-2012, 03:53 PM
Pretty sure the stock headers on our cars are biggest restriction. You will see little to no gain going to the y-pipe. But since you already removed the cats why not go to long tube headers?

where am living the prices are doubled ..
unless of i go to KSA .. which is a bit cheaper

i will install headers but not in the next 2-3 months

99Mutt
05-22-2012, 10:31 PM
i say buy the y pipe..then save for the LT..atleast until then youll have less restriction!