General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

WS-6 Brake caliper brackets

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2012, 08:56 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WS-6 Brake caliper brackets

I was interested in purchasing C-6 front calipers and rotors for my TA. does any one know of a bracket like the ones they make to retrofit the C-5 calipers for F bodies? I realize I'd have to increase rim size but I really like the 6 pot ZO6 calipers and rotors from the C-6. I've seen caliper brackets to upgrade the c-5 to c-6 on ebay , but these weren't for F bodies. Please Help! Can't add any more power until I can stop this Bird!!!!
Old 05-24-2012, 12:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts

Since no one has responded yet I will just add that I did the C-5 front brake conversion and I think it is the best mod I've done. My WS6 is the 3rd Firebird I've had and I always had problems with warped rotors on all of them. I finally got fed up and went to the larger Corvette rotors and calipers. Problem solved!

Great stopping power, good looking calipers, no problems. I bought a kit here from WS6store that included new Corvette rotors, calipers, Hawk HPS pads, UMI relocation brakets and all hardware.

You might want to consider the C-5 conversion if you don't find the answer to your question. You do have to cut the lower caliper 'ear' off the spindles though so you can't go back to Firebird brakes without new spindles.
Old 05-24-2012, 03:49 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the reply. I've been shopping for a set of C-6 rims (18's & 19's) and I've owned my pewter colored 02 WS6 since new. bought in Oct. of 02.
Daily driver with bolt on mods and 200K on the odometer. Still love it but the brake upgrade is needed badly. If they're not on the market yet (brake brackets) , I'm sure it won't be much longer... are the C5's a 6 pot front caliper?