Sponsored by: DashLynx

Tips for putting on BB stripes?

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2012, 09:43 PM
TECH Resident

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Default Tips for putting on BB stripes?

Hey everyone,
I'll be putting on my Blackbird stripes this weekend and was wondering if you guys have any tips? Did you do anything to line it up? Wet/dry method? What are things to watch out for?

Tomorrow I plan on trimming the edge to better fit the curvature of the front. I can't wait to see how the flat black looks on my black TA
Old 05-24-2012, 08:52 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I took mine to a local graphics place they charged me $20 and trimmed it perfectly.
Old 05-24-2012, 11:09 AM
TECH Resident

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Hmm haven't thought of that. I wouldn't think it is too hard to put this on though, but then again spend $20 and have an experienced person do it or spend possibly another $40 on a new set bc I messed something up
Old 05-24-2012, 12:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

As long as you prep the area well, take your time and follow the directions, it will be a peice of cake. I was worried before I did mine, but they turned out perfectly and it beats the **** out of paying someone to do something as simple as putting on blackbird stripes. You'll feel better doing it yourself too once you stand back and look at what you did.
Old 05-26-2012, 01:16 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did it in my garage and just had a buddy help me line it up. We put them on dry and if you have bubbles you could just park it in the sun for a little while or use an exacto and poke a tiny hole in the middle and work out the bubbles that way.
Old 05-26-2012, 02:45 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Main thing is if your only putting on BB strips, make sure your hood doesn't have any wax or anything else on it. After clearing the wax off the hood, I would go over the area that the strips are gonna go on and clean it again with some rubbing alcohol just to make sure there isn't any hand prints and any dirt or dust that has blew on the car.

Other than that, if you take your time and don't get into any type rush, they should go on pretty decent and easy in my opinion.
Old 05-28-2012, 05:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

This is a good thread that might help.
The best thing to do it spread it out across the hood and line it up and put on some reference marks on a piece of tape to make it easier to apply and line up once the decal masking is removed and sprayed down. I did my manta hood decal myself and with patience, a good squeegee, some hair dryers and most importantly a trustworthy friend.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearanc...hemselves.html

Quick Reply: Tips for putting on BB stripes?