Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Noticable HP/TQ Gains after True Duals?

Old 03-29-2004, 08:36 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Noticable HP/TQ Gains after True Duals?

As of right now, I have Hooker Longtubes, O/R Y-Pipe, and a Hooker Cat-Back with a Bullet Muffler on My I-pipe. Something broke inside my Hooker cat-back, and is rattling around inside, and driivng me up the wall. A buddy of mine said he'd sale me a True Dual set-up, consisting of o/r H-pipe, dual cut-outs, and 1-chamber Flowmasters, with Hooker Angle cut Tips. For the price I'm getting this at, I can't really pass it up...I figured I'd run it for awhile, and then sale it sometime this summer or something. My question is, would I notice a difference in hp/tq by going to the freer flowing exhaust? OR would I notice a loss of low-end, but a gain on top end? Mods consist of a cam, supporting valvetrain, and your basic bolt-ons.

TIA,
Jason

Or, if anobody knows someone who would be interested in the set-up..lemme know
Old 03-30-2004, 06:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The biggest improvements will be in the low to mid rpm range. I have seen areas under the curve increase as much as 20-25 lb-ft of torque. That is great stuff for daily driving.
Upper rpm power tends to be about the same or a little more than the y-pipe setup.
Old 03-30-2004, 07:04 AM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah, peak numbers should be the same as a cutout. It's the meat under the curve that improves with duals.

Search this Thread