Sponsored by:

2001 6.0 and 5 speed swap in mudtruck idle issue and timing sticking

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2012, 12:19 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 2001 6.0 and 5 speed swap in mudtruck idle issue and timing sticking

Ill post this here also maybe can get a little help in this section

Iv been tring to help a buddy with tuning his 6.0 swapped toyota mudtruck. It has a custom rewired harness computer and motor all from a 2001 2500 silverado.
He also installed a ms4 cam in it but still has the stock truck intake and fbody exhaust manifolds. They are a really tight fit can't fit headers. Now for the problem.. It high Idles like it has a vacuum leak but we have tried every thing to find the leak and cant find one. It also has a issue with the timimng on the scanner the timming will stick at 8 degrees of advance and flat line there. Is there a sensor or something we need to try to change that would cause this issue with the timming?

if you have hptuners i can send you a copy of the tune file along with the scan log that shows what its doing.
Im not really sure what all was changed in this tune from stock this tune was done by a local tuner here in Houston I will not mention his name but hes not a sponcer for the site. i dont have a stock tune to compare to either.
Were really just looking for what direction to go in wether its a problem with the computer its self or a sensor issue or maybe the harness. we tried swapping the tps sensor and the IAC and neither helped at all.
Attached Files
File Type: hpt
mudtrucktoyota.hpt (464.3 KB, 108 views)
File Type: hpl
123.hpl (23.1 KB, 66 views)
Old 05-27-2012, 06:09 AM
Launching!

I think your idle airflow is too high. High idle airflow is causing the engine to high idle. Your timing is as 8 degrees because your idle timing value is 16 and the overspeed value at 300+ rpm is -8 degrees. I would be interested in seeing a log with your adaptive idle trims.
Old 05-29-2012, 09:14 PM
Staging Lane

bump for anymore ideas on this
Old 05-29-2012, 09:50 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Brad Campbell
I think your idle airflow is too high. High idle airflow is causing the engine to high idle. Your timing is as 8 degrees because your idle timing value is 16 and the overspeed value at 300+ rpm is -8 degrees. I would be interested in seeing a log with your adaptive idle trims.
I tried puting the idle air to stock value and it didn't make a difference.
Also the 123hpl file is a scan log of it. It wont let me post up a copy of the scan config file.
Old 05-29-2012, 09:54 PM
TECH Resident

if any one wants the scan config and a scan log of it running send me you email and I can email them.
Old 05-30-2012, 06:29 AM
Launching!

I noticed the log you had, but I would love to see a log with some actual idle paramater data. Logging the desired IAC, actual IAC, idle trims... etc would tell you lots imo.
Old 06-20-2012, 08:04 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Brad Campbell
I noticed the log you had, but I would love to see a log with some actual idle paramater data. Logging the desired IAC, actual IAC, idle trims... etc would tell you lots imo.
the desired IAC zeros out on it. He got a stock 2001 ls1 camaro computer for it now so I will start with a stock ls1 fbody computer and see what that does.