Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

5.3 in a jeep

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2012, 12:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 5.3 in a jeep

so i have a 96 grand cherokee.i need somthin else other than the i6. iv been talking to a guy that did a 5.3 in a nother grand cherokee. he said he did his for complete swap it was 1500.$ but stock motor just isnt gonna cut it. i can get tuning done for a good price. was thinkin a used super charger, cam, and supporting stuff.is there anything else i should get to max the performance of the the cam and super charger. and he said if done right a supercharger would get me to about 600hp.
Old 05-27-2012, 01:04 PM
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Youre going to spend a lot more than 1500 for a lsx swap with a cam and a tune, add another 4k er so for the blower, if you keep a stock bottom end you might run 6 psi without tearing up too much, then youll have to do something for fuel, and then figure out a drivetrain that will hold that much power

You could buy 2 or 3 more jeeps for what you would spend
Old 05-27-2012, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by mkvamso
Youre going to spend a lot more than 1500 for a lsx swap with a cam and a tune, add another 4k er so for the blower, if you keep a stock bottom end you might run 6 psi without tearing up too much, then youll have to do something for fuel, and then figure out a drivetrain that will hold that much power

You could buy 2 or 3 more jeeps for what you would spend
i was probably gonna keep it stock for a while. and my buddy that i was gonna have tune it. said 350 should be easy with just a tune. thats gonna be better than the 4.0, and i could have fun with it and i was gonna put a 4l80e behind it. not sure on the tcase yet.
Old 05-27-2012, 03:39 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yeah...i would definitely suggest to just get it running and then have some fun with it near stock. dont want to burn out on a project.
Old 05-27-2012, 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by Grimes
yeah...i would definitely suggest to just get it running and then have some fun with it near stock. dont want to burn out on a project.
near stock it should still beat everyone in town and there diesel that there parents paid for.haha