Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Better drivability with ac on?

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2012, 10:37 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Better drivability with ac on?

My car has some slight problems with low rpm coming to a stopness. With the Tucson summer almost in full swing I have noticed my drivability is much better with the ac turned on... Weird right?

The behaviors are as follows...

Ac off
Approaching red light. Press brake. Rpms fall and downshifts are hardly felt or heard. Sometimes when coming to full stop rpms fluctuate and I deal with them with easy throttle. No slight rev before complete stop.

Ac on
Approaching red light. Press brake. Rpms fall, you feel the converter unlock more clearly, downshifts are more audible. At about 5-0ish mph it gives off a slight rev and rests at idle.

Thoughts?
Old 05-28-2012, 05:11 AM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I take it this is in the 2000? Has it had the running problems since you got your tune?

Sounds like you need dome more work find on the timing at/ just off idle....when your a/c is turned on there is an address that gives your engine a few more degrees timing to make up for the extra draw from the a/c compressor.
Old 05-28-2012, 08:24 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah it's in the Camaro. Forgot I shortened my sig but some more info would be the cam is a g5x3 and it has a 4400 stall. Gonna tweak the set screw on the tb a little.
Old 05-29-2012, 07:13 AM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If you can get in there and add 2-3 degrees of timing advance in the idle and just off idle areas you should notice a good difference....also add more advance/retard to the tables for idle control....can't remember the exact table names, but if you or your tuners look in there you will find it in the idle spark tables....its been a while since I've messed with Hptuners.