Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Summer Job/Part Time Job Wanted

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2012, 07:57 PM
On The Tree

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Default Summer Job/Part Time Job Wanted

Hello fellow New Englanders. First, I apologize if this in the wrong area. Please move it if it is. My name is Zachary. I am 17, but will be 18 in September. I live in the Plympton, Massachusetts. I have been looking for a job in the automotive industry for some time now. The job I currently hold has become boring, and is not something I wish to continue with. I applied to a couple parts stores, but it turns out that they only hire if you are 18 or over. I am interested in any job available in my general area, be it washing cars, changing oil, sweeping the shop, whatever. A performance shop would be awesome. Wouldn't mind travelling 20-30 miles to get there. Here is my "brag sheet."

I am rather intelligent. In school I have a 4.7GPA and have scored very well in the SATs. I am very good with basic instructions, work well with others, and always open to input or advice. I am good with my hands, and have been working with them since I was 12. I worked for my father's carpentry business last summer, but would like to try something different. I am rather knowledgeable with cars. I am sure I could perform most modifications and basic maintenance. For those of you that know me and my car, you know I have built the car mostly by myself with some help from my father. I have probably had every piece of my car in pieces at one point in time. The only thing I don't have experience with is paint and body work. If you have any further questions, you can send me a PM.

I am not sure if this post is inappropriate, but if it is I will delete it. I am not desperate for a job, but I figured I would give it a shot. A change would be nice. Thanks for reading.
Zack
Old 05-31-2012, 05:51 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i know your looking for automotive and can be rewarding but if your not afraid of heights and electricity look here www.neat1968.org and youll have a great future ahead of you since your so young, wish i did it back when i was 18

just my .02
-brandon
Old 05-31-2012, 06:14 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Definitely more money in that than cars..
Old 05-31-2012, 07:38 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Demonicbird00
i know your looking for automotive and can be rewarding but if your not afraid of heights and electricity look here www.neat1968.org and youll have a great future ahead of you since your so young, wish i did it back when i was 18

just my .02
-brandon
Thank you for that information. My grandfather is actually a lineman for Hingham, MA. However, I already know what I want to do for a living when I get out of school. My plan is to head off into med school and specialize in neurology. I was mainly looking for a job that I will enjoy in a hobby that I love to occupy me for the summer, and maybe part time over the school year.

Thanks
Nix
Old 05-31-2012, 07:39 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Slowhawk
Definitely more money in that than cars..
That could be. But I am not looking for a lot of money. Hell, I would be happy with minimum wage. I am really looking for the enjoyment.

Nix
Old 05-31-2012, 09:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Detailing cars would be a good alternative and sure beats getting minimum wage. Find a local body shop with a wash bay and give that a shot. You can make decent money doing that until you get into med school. Anyways, best of luck to you
Old 05-31-2012, 09:27 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by stevesfbody
Detailing cars would be a good alternative and sure beats getting minimum wage. Find a local body shop with a wash bay and give that a shot. You can make decent money doing that until you get into med school. Anyways, best of luck to you
Ill give that a try. Thanks for the advice.

Nix