LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

GMPartsdirect.com - Bad Customer Service, Bad Communication

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2012, 03:57 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default GMPartsdirect.com - Bad Customer Service, Bad Communication

Just a warning to anyone else considering doing business with this company. I have had one other good experience where I ordered some spindles and they showed up just a few weeks later. No need to contact them. This time however, I had a VERY different experience. On April 16th I ordered a new front bumper and the foam padding behind for my 2002 Trans Am. On April 26th I received e-mail notifications that my parts had shipped and was provided a tracking number. On May 23rd, almost a month later, I decided to check on the shipment. I attempted to track the shipment at Fedex's website and found that the shipper did not recognize the number as a valid shipping number so essentially the shipment did not exist. I went to the GMPartsdirect.com website to locate a number for customer service so I could call them. I assumed maybe the shipping number was just bad. Some of you may know this already but if you don't they DO NOT advertise a number to call, of any kind, for any reason. If you want to contact their customer service dept you have to send them an e-mail and wait. So I sent the first e-mail on May 21st. I received an automated e-mail response stating responses might be delayed due to the high volume of e-mail. <To me this says, if you're going to rely on e-mail for customer service, how about hiring enough f'ing people to be able to respond in a timely manner>. As of May 23rd I had received no response to my first e-mail so I sent a second e-mail and specified that if I did not get a response by COB that Friday (May 25th) I would dispute the charge and issue a charge-back. At 4:58PM on Friday I received the one and ONLY response. It was one sentence and basically stated that the tracking number was for UPS and not Fedex. That's it, nothing else, no offer to check on the status of my shipment, no insight as to what was happening to my shipment, nor a number to discuss over the phone. So I immediately went to the UPS website and tried the tracking number at their website and got the same result. Shipping number unknown, shipment doesn't exist. So within minutes of receiving their reply, I replied and told them I had tried the same tracking number for the UPS website and got the same result. I never got a response but it was late in the day. On Tuesday, May 29th, I tried the tracking number again and even grabbed a screenshot of the error message given to me by UPS. I sent another e-mail stating that the tracking number did not work for UPS either, attached the screenshot, and requested a status update. By the end of the day I still had received no response. On Wednesday May 30th I sent another e-mail requesting a status by the end of the the day or I would dispute the charge. The end of day came and no response. I sent one final e-mail communicating my displeasure with their absurdly poor customer service and today I disputed the charge.

In summary, I sent 5 to 6 different e-mails trying to get this resolved and got one pathetically bad e-mail response back. I am certain had someone worked with me for 10min this could have been easily resolved. I have been waiting for my parts for 5 weeks now and will now have to re-order them from another vendor and wait several more weeks for those parts to ship.

Exercise caution when dealing with this company. They have NO customer service.

Last edited by thefirebirdman; 05-31-2012 at 04:02 PM.
Old 05-31-2012, 07:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Damn that sucks man. I've ordered from them several times and never had an issue like that. Sometimes they are a bit slow, but never that bad.
Old 06-04-2012, 02:31 PM
Staging Lane

A fellow member over at Trans Am Country provided me with a few numbers to try. I tried the sales line number he gave me (336-542-2039). I got what sounded like a receptionist for the dealership. I asked to speak with someone who could help me with an order placed with gmpartsdirect.com and she transferred me. An automotated attendant picked up and went through the list of options. Option 5 was to talk with a customer service rep about my order. I selected that option and a guy named Matt answered. He asked for my order number and then promptly put me on hold. After about 5min later he came and said he checked the tracking and saw that there was a problem with the order. He said the parts had shipped but they had no idea where the were nor why they weren't getting any tracking information for the shipment. He said I should have received them by now. He then said they were going to have to check with their rep and determine what was going on and that someone would call me back by end of day today. We'll see how that goes. I asked for a direct line to call them back in case no one contacted me and he said they do not have a direct line nor did he have a direct line in his office. Sure you don't. I asked if I should just call the number I did use and ask to get transferred again and he said the best thing to do was use the e-mail address but yes I could call the number and asked to be transferred again. I told him I was done using the e-mail address, I was getting no response using that.

Overall pretty **** poor situation that I've had these problems and that they have no direct line for customer service. Disappointing I had to get a sales number for the dealership from a fellow member to get through to a live person that might finally do something about the problem. Not a great way to conduct business.
Old 06-18-2012, 01:21 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I placed an order with them a week ago and there has still been no update about shipping. Their FAQ's on the website say it may take 7-10 days to ship (as in make it to the truck--not my doorstep) which is far below the industry standard. I wish I'd read this thread before ordering. I could have my car back on the road by now.

I will never order from them again. Period. Their prices were withing $5 of any other site. Lesson learned.

Quick Reply: GMPartsdirect.com - Bad Customer Service, Bad Communication