Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Head Cam Install and Mail order tune?

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2012, 10:15 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Head Cam Install and Mail order tune?

I am in the process of installing PRC stage 2 799 heads with 59cc chambers with a 228R cam with new pushrods, timing chain, oil pump and new gaskets but my tuning shop that is local to me is backed up pretty good on tuning and other jobs so getting my car tuned will be awhile. The shop got really busy within the last 2 weeks now that the weathers nicer in upstate NY. But what I am asking is how long could I drive my 2004 GTO with a 6 speed untuned without racing or going ***** to the wall? Also whats a good place to get a mail order tune to just get me going if the shop by me cant do it? I was looking at speedinc.com for a mail order tune but i would rather not send them my ECU. a friend of mine has HP Tuners just has not finished the classes to teach him how to use the software. Or is there another my go just download a tune from some shop, flash my ECU and upload through HP Tuners?
Old 05-31-2012, 10:20 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If I were you, get your mail order tune done by Texas Speed! You're using their heads and cam which they have ran this combo in many applications. They would know best for what its going to take to run it. Going with anyone else is a crap shoot!

IMHO I would no way run it with out some sort of basic tune.

Quick Reply: Head Cam Install and Mail order tune?