Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A body guys: anyone found a way to do over the radiator intake?

Old 06-01-2012, 03:46 PM
11 Second Club

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Default A body guys: anyone found a way to do over the radiator intake?

Has anyone found an intake tubing combo or something similar to a Corvette's air bridge to get a straight shot of air from in front of the car?

I know the last time I tried to measure there isn't much space between the hood and the radiator support. I'm curious if a thinner profile radiator cover and maybe notching the underside of the hood would allow this.

Getting a good straight shot of cold air would do us some good...look what a good ram air setup does for the fbodies...and their stock lid setup isn't even as bad as the 90* bends and cone filters we get stuck using.

Do the underside of fiberglass hoods (stock dome looking though, not the huge 4" race hoods" have a flatter profile maybe?
Old 06-01-2012, 03:55 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Maybe you could do something by using a shorter radiator. Not sure if the hood latch and support would get in the way.
Old 06-01-2012, 03:59 PM
11 Second Club

I would be willing to do away with the latch, car has the factory hood pins anyway. If I get a new hood I would be willing to try hacking this one for sure...it's warped from an accident anyway.

If I can get someone to measure the thickness of a Corvette air bridge and it is even close to clearing, I might be the one to give it a shot. If so I could take my old setup and the new one to the track for back to back runs and include EFI Live logs. Anyone have one to measure?

Last edited by thunderstruck507; 06-01-2012 at 04:10 PM.
Old 06-01-2012, 04:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by thunderstruck507
If I can get someone to measure the thickness of a Corvette air bridge and it is even close to clearing, I might be the one to give it a shot...
You may want to go to your local speed shop or auto parts store and see if they have any CAI setups in stock. If they do ask them if you can see/measure one of them.
Old 06-03-2012, 10:23 AM
11 Second Club

no speed shops here

I have a fried with a c5 Corvette who lives in OK I sent him a request to measure the air bridge. I had no idea it would be so hard to find measurements of one online.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: A body guys: anyone found a way to do over the radiator intake?