Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car starts missing and running ruff while driving in the rain, or after car wash????

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2004, 01:14 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car starts missing and running ruff while driving in the rain, or after car wash????

I'm @ a loss with this issue, it just satarted Saturday when I drove through a car wash. Then it happened again yesterday during a sever thunderstorm while drive down the interstate. Any clue LS1 community??????
Old 03-30-2004, 01:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Check your filter is water getting to it? FTRA?SSRA will do that, are they one of your mods?
BTW, why did you get rid of the Powerdyne.??
Old 03-30-2004, 01:36 PM
On The Tree

mine does it too when it rains...I spliced my 02 sensors awhile ago, and then I replaced one of them, with an extension, but my passenger side is still spliced...I don't have 02 emulators for the back two..I wonder if water gets in them...I doubt it, but I'd like to know the same thing if anyone has some answers...the car just bogs, and doesn't wanna go when you press the gas...it feels like a honda at full throttle when this happens!!!! HELP!!
Old 03-30-2004, 01:45 PM
10 Second Club

most of the time when that happens its the o2 senser getting water in them, the best thing to do is get some no flash or electrical cleaner and clean that connection and place sume electrical tape around them so it wont happen again.
Old 03-30-2004, 01:50 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by SoloSport
mine does it too when it rains...I spliced my 02 sensors awhile ago, and then I replaced one of them, with an extension, but my passenger side is still spliced...I don't have 02 emulators for the back two..I wonder if water gets in them...I doubt it, but I'd like to know the same thing if anyone has some answers...the car just bogs, and doesn't wanna go when you press the gas...it feels like a honda at full throttle when this happens!!!! HELP!!

Bingo!!!! Same thing, it's not fun when it comes back alive in the rain....

Quick Reply: Car starts missing and running ruff while driving in the rain, or after car wash????