Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

1999 Turbo Transam 700rwhp

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2012, 08:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default 1999 Turbo Transam 700rwhp

Year: 1999
Make: Pontiac
Model: Trans Am
Price: $10000
Mileage: 71726
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): OH
Color: Blue
Transmission: Automatic
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive
LS Engine?: Car has LS engine

I have lost my patience with working on cars, I am giving up so here is your chance to get a great deal
I just got done spending $350 to have the pump replaced in the th400 transmission in order to get the trans working, still doesnt work, the guy at the trans shop went through the transmission and couldnt find anything else he suspects the converter, but i am not dropping the transmission again I am done with it.

The car is a 1999 NMB transam, originally a 6speed. it has about 71k miles, body is good, paint ok, there is a blemish on the bumper that needs taken car of, a few light scratches here and there that aren't deep at all on the paint. ebony leather.
I was in process of switching out the M6 for a Th400 as the manual could not handle the power. I bought one without a transbrake and bought a RMVB with transbrake having a friend switch out the valvebody, well he didnt know what he was doing and did something wrong as the transmission had no line pressure and would not do anything when you put it in gear. He was suppose to take a look at it and fix it but he put it off and ended up passing away. like i said I had another shop go through the trans where they thought it might be the pump but it wasnt, might be the brand new converter I got I dunno. I have about $1600 in this trans. Converter is an art carr with a stall around 3200 to match the powerband.
lockard flexible trans dipstick $100
Car has a new, 0 miles midwest chassis fab9 rearend, posi, backbraces, deep strong studs 3.00 gears, with torque arm, no abs or TC, strong enough to handle 8's. This thing cost me $4000
spohn rear anti roll bar $400
the turbo kit consists of a precision PTE 88, it has about 1500 miles or less. these go for over $1500
has a turbosmart 48mm wastegate these things go for over $460
4" custom IC with 3" in and 4" out. maybe worth $300 has 3" aluminum tubing from the turbo then 4" from the IC to the throttle body, speed density tune.
engine is a 347 stock crank JE pistons, eagle rods, 224/224-114 cam, 6.0 ported heads refreshed about 1500 miles ago, compression ratio is 9:1. I think i spent about $3000 on this engine/parts
bmr lightweight kmember these are about $500 also have boxed bmr subframe connectors on the chassis, BMR adjustable LCA's ball end and poly end.
turbo kit is a truck manifold kit with 2.5" primaries and 4" downpipe, I made the exhaust switchable where you can have 4" exhaust dumped out before the rear axle or adapt a 3" (these are all vband connections) exhaust to a catback. probably have more then $1500 in materials as i made this kit myself.
car probably needs a new battery as it has one of those lightweight one and it never seemed to hold the starting voltage right which would reset the trip meter (a full battery fixed this)
has a nice BMR ratchet shifter $200
wideband $150
has the radio out, i either have a stock tape deck (not sure where it came from as stock it was CD) or i can through in a JVC with IPod control.
has low impedance 96lb injectors with converter a $700 combo.
dual walbro intank pumps with 8 an feed and boost regulated fuel return, billet fuel rails that part fuel system cost over $1000
i have the stock 16" rims with good tires, then some weld drag wheels with mickey Thompson drag radials probably cost me over a $1000 for them
no ac but will include the parts.
have a bunch of stock parts also that I will include.
there are a bunch of little stuff i am probably forgetting me that nickled and dimed me to death.

the car ran 11.70's @135 on street tires with the M6 with 15psi. had like a 2.0 60'. so with its race weight it was making about 700rwhp on the 15psi. It had 42lb injectors then, with the new fuel system and Th400 you can crank up the boost over 20psi and run deep 9's I have all the parts to do that, you just got to get it together. with the set up it should make 850-900rwhp through the TH400

well thats about $16410 worth of parts that i can think of off the top of my head plus the value of the car as KBB puts it at about $8830 for good condition (i payed $19000 for it back in 2001)

so you just need to figure out the transmission and your good to go, i have just am sick of working on cars anymore.

I am asking $10000 OBO so the person who comes closest to $10k get it.
Old 06-04-2012, 08:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

Old 06-06-2012, 10:10 AM
TECH Senior Member

pending sale
Old 06-11-2012, 10:35 AM
TECH Senior Member

sold!