Sponsored by:

Throttle body plate openning adjusment

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2004, 04:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Throttle body plate openning adjusment

Vehicle: 2001 SS, MN6

I was checking my throttle plate angle (TPA) with a Predator today. My WOT was 84* with pedal fully depressed. I also checked the TPA at the TB by hand, openning completely to the bumpstop, and the angle was 100*. The gas pedal has some play in it, where I can lift it a little. I would like to get the TPA to 89-90* (90* or above throws a DTC I understand). Obviously, I do not need the TB bump stop mod for more TPA, just a cable adjustment.

I do not see anywhere on the TB or the cruise control module where I can make any adjustments with a twistable cable adjusting nut or otherwise. Are these adjustable or do I live with 84* TPA? Also, will 84* TPA have any significant negative effect on max power vs 89* TPA?

BTW, can you tell I'm a 'detail' person? LOL
Old 03-30-2004, 10:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

Okay....figured it out. First, my TPA 84* was actually 84%. So I'm a ditz, but that's cool.

The junction in the throttle cable attached the TB has a couping looking portion that has a clip on it. The clip was not fully seated. Once I seated that, the slack was gone. Now my TB is 100% @ WOT. It will be interesting to see what that 16% of 'missing' throttle will show on the next dyno session....

And, yes, I thought about deleting the prior post from embarassment, but perhaps some one else will have this problem some time. Or a bunch of people are going to check their throttle cables....
Old 03-31-2004, 05:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

How do you check TPA with Predator? I have Predator and I don't see it.
Old 03-31-2004, 05:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by WS6 RULES
How do you check TPA with Predator? I have Predator and I don't see it.
I just plug it in, turn ignition to on but do not crank. On the DSP (diablosport predator) get to the diagnostics screen, then real time data. Scroll down a few lines and you should see TP Angle . It will say 0.0% before you press the pedal. Step on the pedal while watching the TP Angle rise and fall based upon your pedal travel. It should say 100% with the pedal max'd out.

Last edited by Proud2bSS; 04-01-2004 at 11:24 AM.