LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

3.4 to lt1 swap, swap dash harness?

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2012, 10:51 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3.4 to lt1 swap, swap dash harness?

does it need to be done? i have the lt1 dash harness that came with the engine harness. but do i absolutely need to use it??
Old 06-04-2012, 11:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I have a 1995 and used all 95 parts so if you change years things may change slightly. I didnt have to change the dash harness. I did change the engine harness, and the engine bay body harness. Part of that runs under the dash of driver side and part of the engine harness is on the passenger side behind the kick panel.
Old 06-04-2012, 11:17 PM
TECH Resident

yeah i got that i already took out the engine bay harness. car is a 94, harness is from a 94 z28, motor is from a 94 9C1
Old 06-04-2012, 11:19 PM
TECH Resident

i also got a 94 z28 gauge cluster and i dont see why it wouldnt work with the dash harness thats already in the car....
Old 06-04-2012, 11:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tricked94camaro
i also got a 94 z28 gauge cluster and i dont see why it wouldnt work with the dash harness thats already in the car....
The v8 clusters from 93-96 all have the same pining so they all work. you should be fine there as the only difference between the v6 and v8 cluster was the way it interpreted the tach signal if i remember correctly so the wiring was all the same. If the harnesses all plugged in correctly you should be good.

The problem I ran into was someone sent me a 94 body harness and the 95 engine harness has different wiring so the c100 connector was missing. But you should not need to replace the dash harness you should be good. The only time I have heard of that being changed was when people mixed and match different year harnesses.

One thing about the caprice engine is that if its stock the f body pcm has a different tune if i remember correctly so just make sure you are not using that pcm with the caprice motor.

If you have any more questions feel free to ask.
Old 06-04-2012, 11:51 PM
Launching!

if its all 94 to 94, you need to swap gauge cluster and engine harness, everything else is the same from v6 to v8
Old 06-05-2012, 08:09 AM
Teching In

having done this swap myself from 94 3.4 to 94 lt1 with matching harness and pcm, the only wiring i had to change was the engine bay harness. the dash and body harnesses i had were not needed. I also had to wire in the second high speed fan.
Old 06-05-2012, 08:27 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Adam1203
The v8 clusters from 93-96 all have the same pining so they all work. you should be fine there as the only difference between the v6 and v8 cluster was the way it interpreted the tach signal if i remember correctly so the wiring was all the same. If the harnesses all plugged in correctly you should be good.

The problem I ran into was someone sent me a 94 body harness and the 95 engine harness has different wiring so the c100 connector was missing. But you should not need to replace the dash harness you should be good. The only time I have heard of that being changed was when people mixed and match different year harnesses.

One thing about the caprice engine is that if its stock the f body pcm has a different tune if i remember correctly so just make sure you are not using that pcm with the caprice motor.

If you have any more questions feel free to ask.
you are the first one to tell me a f-body PCM wont work with a 9C1 Motor.
Old 06-05-2012, 10:04 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by shix
if its all 94 to 94, you need to swap gauge cluster and engine harness, everything else is the same from v6 to v8
And engine bay harness along with the obvious bs.
Old 06-05-2012, 01:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tricked94camaro
you are the first one to tell me a f-body PCM wont work with a 9C1 Motor.
Its not the the pcm wont work its that the b-body computer has a different tune you can use the fbody computer to work with the caprice motor. the b-bodies is different I also think they had different injectors like 24lb vs 26lb. But that may change year to year. I know they all had cast iron heads and different cams then the fbody.

Just do a fact check on all the info I said I am NOT super knowledgeable about the b-body cars so I may have some facts wrong. There are plenty of very very knowledgeable people on the forum who can guide you much better then me on this.
Old 06-05-2012, 06:28 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Adam1203
Its not the the pcm wont work its that the b-body computer has a different tune you can use the fbody computer to work with the caprice motor. the b-bodies is different I also think they had different injectors like 24lb vs 26lb. But that may change year to year. I know they all had cast iron heads and different cams then the fbody.

Just do a fact check on all the info I said I am NOT super knowledgeable about the b-body cars so I may have some facts wrong. There are plenty of very very knowledgeable people on the forum who can guide you much better then me on this.
it would help if they responded lol

Quick Reply: 3.4 to lt1 swap, swap dash harness?