Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

240z LS1 Exhaust - new exhaust system

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2012, 07:35 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 240z LS1 Exhaust - new exhaust system

I don't quite know where this belongs here since it is really about an exhaust setup, but since it is in a conversion I am putting it here.

When I completed my build back in July 2011, my neighbor across the street recommended an exhaust shop relatively close by. My neighbor has had numerous street rods, primarily original '30s, and this shop was (supposedly) frequented by hot rodders. However, over the course of the past year, I noticed numerous issues with their work ranging from incomplete welds around pipes that allowed air intrusion before the O2 sensors, hangers breaking and leaving holes in the pipe, rigid hangers that transmitted all vibrations to the cabin, numerous transistions with crushed bent pieces, clearance issues with low hanging exhaust, and to top it all off, a Flowmaster CLONE was installed instead of a true Flowmaster. Many of my performance and tuning issues were due to this rather crappy exhaust system.

I just had a new system installed by Roger's Exhaust in Fontana, California. I originally wanted Roger's to do my first install, but the towing charge would have been around $200. My neighbor offered to tow my car in his enclosed trailer to the shop close by and at the time the shop close by made sense. Lesson learned. Roger's Exhaust is talked about highly on LS1tech.com and they seem to have a lot of postive reviews. I spent the entire day at their shop. They were forthright with their pricing and Roger's brother Sparky did the entire fabrication. His welds are fantastic and he has a lot of pride in his work. They managed to tuck the exhaust up another 0.75 to 1-in. using all mandrel bent pieces, added a nice spiral flow resonator (which was DEFINITELY needed - the drone at 1700 rpm rattled my brain), built a custom Y-pipe, and topped it off with a Flowmaster muffler. Below are the pictures and link to a sound clip.

For those of you in So. Cal. looking for a shop that does nice exhaust work, check out Roger's Exhaust in Fontana.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=BKDni-6vNXI

Here is the original exhaust:

Attached Thumbnails 240z LS1 Exhaust - new exhaust system-exhaust-1.jpg   240z LS1 Exhaust - new exhaust system-exhaust-2.jpg   240z LS1 Exhaust - new exhaust system-exhaust-3.jpg   240z LS1 Exhaust - new exhaust system-exhaust-4.jpg  

Quick Reply: 240z LS1 Exhaust - new exhaust system