General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

finishing up my set up

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2012, 08:38 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default finishing up my set up

ok so here is how my car sits slp lid maf and bellow, ls6 manifold, p&p TB, hooker lts, off road y with flowmaster merge, magnaflow cb, slp underdrive pulley, abs delete, 3.42 gears, subframe connectors, 3200 stall and cooler, koni strano front suspension, bmr lcas, umi relocation brackets, Hotchkis rear springs, founders adj phb, tuned on hp tuners and I have a set of et streets on separate rims for race days.

thinking of getting hd bilstein rear shocks, and an electric cut out to finish things up at this point, and just be done with the car. any suggestions as to what else to do? easy stuff that can install in a day and doesn't cost an arm and a leg or any improvements on what I have? its a dd car I drive it long distances more than I go to the track just want something fun and decent to drive. which it is now just looking to maximize the set up.
Old 06-06-2012, 01:13 PM
On The Tree

yay nay? dumb conservative good? just trying to make sure i don't miss something obvious and easy that will help a lot
Old 06-06-2012, 01:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

1. FTRA or a Chrs13 ram air.
2. Competion Engineering 3-way adjustable rear drag shocks.
3. Adjustable Torque Arm ( I like Spohn products but to each!)
Old 06-06-2012, 03:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by NC98Z
1. FTRA or a Chrs13 ram air.
2. Competion Engineering 3-way adjustable rear drag shocks.
3. Adjustable Torque Arm ( I like Spohn products but to each!)
Dragshocks are a terrible idea for a DD, or for anyone that cares about more than just going strait for that matter. Terrible ride and even worse handling/stability.

Finish the rear off with matching Koni SA's, and don't use poly bushings in anything that needs to articulate (like control arms).
What else are you exactly looking to improve?
Old 06-06-2012, 08:03 PM
On The Tree

haha thanks you don't know how many ppl have told me that "go with racing shocks" i felt like i was going crazy. just want to basically finish it up to be a good all around car dd, quick on the street, and ok at the track if i ever go. just better handling and some more speed of course. but I all ready have poly bushing in the lcas I heard the rod ends were noisy and would wear out fast with daily driving i put around 10k on my car per year on bad roads.
Old 06-07-2012, 04:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by 2fresh
haha thanks you don't know how many ppl have told me that "go with racing shocks" i felt like i was going crazy.
Most fbody owners are drag racers, and don't have a clue about handling.
just want to basically finish it up to be a good all around car dd, quick on the street, and ok at the track if i ever go. just better handling and some more speed of course. but I all ready have poly bushing in the lcas I heard the rod ends were noisy and would wear out fast with daily driving i put around 10k on my car per year on bad roads.
Poly bushings in control arms will cause bind, hurting handling and ride quality. Yes, Rod ends are noisy, for a DD I would go with the stock LCA's and 1LE solid bushings or roto-joint LCA's from UMI.
For further improved handling you can go with 35mm front/22mm rear swaybars from either UMI (solid) or Stranoparts(hollow). These are very balanced bars unlike what some sell.
Old 06-07-2012, 08:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

i wouldn't be too afraid of rod ends on LCA's. i've had midwest chassis poly/rod LCA'a for over a year and they have been dead silent on my DD. i do have dumped exhaust but they have made no difference in noise since i've had them. on the other hand, i don't think you notice much performance difference on a street car with rod ends over poly bushings.

i'd probably get a good set of sway bars from strano next.
Old 06-07-2012, 10:41 PM
On The Tree

yea I also forgot to mention i have the hollow ss sway bar i got from a buddy on the front yea i got the boxed bmr lcas all ready on the car i threw my stock ones away a long time ago lol
Old 06-08-2012, 02:08 PM
On The Tree

installed the phb today and ordered my cut out lets see how this goes.

update getting cut out welded in tomorrow, got a set of rear Bilsteins coming as well

Last edited by 2fresh; 06-13-2012 at 11:30 PM. Reason: update