View Full Version : Did someone just try n steal my V?!

va mike
06-06-2012, 04:14 PM
So I am pulling up to my house today and a black nissan sentra comes up and parks in front of me. I've only owned the car for 3 weeks mind you and bought it with a clean and clear title with no liens on it.

As I'm getting out a middle aged white guy comes up to me..dialog goes-
him-give me your keys
me-why
him-it's being repo'd
me-no it's not. why? let's see some paperwork
him- *fumbles around on his blackberry* i'll have the police here so fast.
me-please do. i want to see some paperwork. actually here I'll make a call. *get on phone*
him-*fumbles with his blackberry some more n makes a call* i'm sorry i'm sorry i apologize i have the wrong car.

then he hurries back to his car n drives away.

He never had any type of paperwork or looked at the VIN # or anything prior to making threats and requesting my keys. Nor did he provide any paperwork regarding it even after i asked twice. Is he just that shitty of a repo man who doesn't know what he's doing or was he trying to steal my car?

BudRacing
06-06-2012, 04:18 PM
Ever wonder why there's internet spam?
There's a sucker born every minute. Fortunately you were not one of them.

heavymetals
06-06-2012, 04:20 PM
Should have reported an attempted car jacking.

va mike
06-06-2012, 04:24 PM
i think once he saw i was 2x his size he decided not to push the limits.

heavymetals
06-06-2012, 04:28 PM
i think once he saw i was 2x his size he decided not to push the limits.

In that case you should have bloodied him up and held him for the cops.

heavymetals
06-06-2012, 04:31 PM
Here is a good story about re-possession.

My friend came home and all his furniture was gone.

Called the police and they come and tell him they helped a re-possession agent.

Friend says he owns all the furniture.

They got the wrong house.

He gets a call about the return of his furniture.

He told them, you own it now.

He got all new furniture and no shit about it.

NeverSatisfied02
06-06-2012, 04:32 PM
In that case you should have bloodied him up and held him for the cops.

Agree

cam3439
06-06-2012, 05:49 PM
What kind of repo man comes to pick up your car in a nissan sentra? It would make a whole lot more sense with some type of towing vehicle.

And what was his plan, drive off in your car and come back for his later?

bamacaddy
06-06-2012, 06:53 PM
What kind of repo man comes to pick up your car in a nissan sentra? It would make a whole lot more sense with some type of towing vehicle.

GREAT POINT! But it was probably stolen so "trade"?

adanieljohnson1
06-06-2012, 07:40 PM
I would have punched him in the dome the second he asked for my keys!

Zlow28
06-06-2012, 08:31 PM
you shouldve turned the tables around and asked for his sentra's keys. Or at least get the plates down. Some car thieves are pretty damn stupid.

NeverSatisfied02
06-06-2012, 09:28 PM
A friend of a friend got his streetbike stolen in similar way to this. Guy knocks on his door and introduces himself. This guy gets the bike out to show it and discuss price. Buyer asks if he can test ride it. Points to the truck parked on the street and says its his and hands him the keys. Guy rides off on bike. Come to find out, the truck wasn't his, the name he used was fake and the keys were just a random set that he used to get the owner of the bike to trust him. It was never recovered.

Irrelevant to this instance but just shows how ballsy thieves can be. I'd love to get my hands on someone dumb enough to come try that shit with me.

meatyCTS-V
06-06-2012, 11:31 PM
I would have said "yeah, let me get you the keys. They're right here in my pocket."

Out of the pocket would have come my Taurus Judge Magnum. Other hand would have been dialing 911.

I'd park that thing either behind your house or in the garage. Or get a DVR camera pointed at where you park your car. ASAP.

-meaty

va mike
06-07-2012, 01:37 AM
Yea the thing I didn't get was how he was going to leave with it when he was by himself...he had the repo camera shit on the car but that means nothing n the way he acted was real suspicious....I will be keeping a close eye out for him n if I do find him its gonna be a issue...more so for him.

itsslow98
06-07-2012, 02:04 AM
Id put a call in to the local PD. Tell them what happened and ask for extra patrol checks in the area.

catch2otwo
06-07-2012, 09:08 AM
good thinking on your feet. Id call the local pd, you could be saving someone else from an unfortunate situation and even better, help catch this guy.

va mike
06-07-2012, 11:41 AM
just called it in n reported it this morning with dispatch who will be passing it along to an officer to contact me n file the full report.

Skidmarcx
06-07-2012, 12:35 PM
I'm sure there are morons that would hand the keys over... Good move on reporting it

va mike
06-07-2012, 12:38 PM
i'm sure he pulls this stunt all day long till he hits on someone who knows they are behind and just willingly give up their keys.

lollygagger8
06-07-2012, 12:49 PM
I would've pulled Mr .357 and shoved it in his grill and say you can possess these hollow points if you want.

Then after he ran away with piss and shit running down his leg, I would've called the plates in to the cops.

Good call on not surrendering your V though!

heavymetals
06-07-2012, 01:01 PM
I hope you get to go look at a line up.

wcryan
06-07-2012, 01:18 PM
If you wanted to get really creepy and make sure he never came back again

When he asked you for your keys you should have looked at him for a couple seconds, then given him a kiss on the top of his head. and said "i'm sorry darling, but I think you have the wrong car"

100$ says he'll never come back again hahahaha

NOLAG05
06-07-2012, 01:32 PM
I would have handed my keys, then said let me get some things out and pulled out ole faith Mr. XD40 cal and did you need anything else...lol. Or i could have been a total fag and gave him my keys and call the Police and report it stolen and use the insurance money to get a new V2...lol.

aurora40
06-08-2012, 08:50 AM
Maybe you missed out on a chance to get your V "Overhauled"!

I don't think a repo guy would be so brazen. Generally speaking people who don't pay their bills don't have a lot going for them. They aren't real keen on having their stuff taken back.

bamacaddy
06-08-2012, 11:19 AM
If you wanted to get really creepy and make sure he never came back again

When he asked you for your keys you should have looked at him for a couple seconds, then given him a kiss on the top of his head. and said "i'm sorry darling, but I think you have the wrong car"

100$ says he'll never come back again hahahaha

UNLESS it was Cole and he woulda kissed him back and stayed for a peppermint shnapps.

va mike
06-08-2012, 11:47 AM
so after speaking with some people in the area, the guy is a legit repo agent working for a local company and i guess just really sucks at his job...needless to say I'm trying to go after him and at minimum have him reprimanded.

raven154
06-08-2012, 02:16 PM
So what car was he trying to repo of it wasn't yours? There aren't that many V's running around.

BudRacing
06-08-2012, 02:19 PM
Probably an 03 base model
http://www.familycar.com/RoadTests/CadillacCTS/Images/LeftRear.jpg

odthetruth
06-08-2012, 02:38 PM
Maybe you missed out on a chance to get your V "Overhauled"!

I don't think a repo guy would be so brazen. Generally speaking people who don't pay their bills don't have a lot going for them. They aren't real keen on having their stuff taken back.

Something like 70-80% of all finances end up as a repo. LOL

Probably an 03 base model
http://www.familycar.com/RoadTests/CadillacCTS/Images/LeftRear.jpg

LOL Probably. 03s sold more then I think any year.

BudRacing
06-08-2012, 02:46 PM
LOL Probably. 03s sold more then I think any year.

And to think that I can't find a replacement sail panel is outrageous!

va mike
06-08-2012, 03:30 PM
there isn't a single other cts (let alone v) in my neighborhood so he must have royally fucked up

heavymetals
06-08-2012, 03:42 PM
Go for the attempted carjacking.

Enough of these fucking Rambos running around terrorizing the public.

va mike
06-08-2012, 05:42 PM
i'm trying to figure out and track down the company he works for....there will be a full on ass chewing once/if i find it.

87vertgt
06-08-2012, 06:20 PM

I've worked in the industry for years....doesnt it make sense if a repo agent is stalking you that he would use the element of surprise thru a undercover vehicle instead of a Repo Truck?

yes it could have been a scam or just a error on repo's behalf

scatillac
06-08-2012, 06:52 PM
Go for the attempted carjacking.

Yup. If there is a next time, "Zimmerman" the asshole!

meatyCTS-V
06-08-2012, 10:41 PM
I've seen repo's in action before. I saw some SUV getting its wheels stolen, turns out, they were being repo'ed by Rent-N-Roll.

I was driving past a mexican little strip mall store, and I saw a tow truck pull in there, 10 seconds later it was backed up to a car, 5 seconds later the car was in the air, and another 5 seconds the truck was out on the main road with his repo. Literally less than 30 seconds.

That guy sounds like he needs to be more than reprimanded. He sounds like a complete fuckup.

-meaty

Coy
06-24-2012, 10:17 PM
Something like 70-80% of all finances end up as a repo. LOL

Where did you get this statistic? Not trying to be a dick, just curios. That percentage seems very high.

liqidvenom
06-24-2012, 11:43 PM
yeah 70-80% would make financing a dead thing to banks.