Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Swap 2004 gto into 66 lemans

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2012, 09:52 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Swap 2004 gto into 66 lemans

Have a 66 lemans I will be doing complete frame off resto I just picked up a complete 2004 GTO wrecked front end not that much damage actually drove it on my trailer got it for a steal $4200 complete car with 6 speed T56. I plan on transplanting the ls1 and tranny, using the interior what what else can I use and can I use the entire wiring harness if so what wires can I delete and who do I have flash PCM. thanks
Old 06-07-2012, 11:25 PM
TECH Resident

Better start reading. The search button is your friend.

lt1swap.com has good harness info.
Old 06-08-2012, 05:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Ditto, start with the stickies, lots of good stuff here. The engine and body wiring are for the most part isolated from each other. You will most likely find that running the engine systems off the PCM and running the OE 66 body harness will work the best. That is what most of the guys here seem to have done.
Take your time!!!!!! Don't get in a hurry. The task looks monumental right now, but it really is not that hard if you plan well.
Ask lots of questions, you will get the right answers here.
Old 06-08-2012, 08:57 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by sprinkfitter
Have a 66 lemans I will be doing complete frame off resto I just picked up a complete 2004 GTO wrecked front end not that much damage actually drove it on my trailer got it for a steal $4200 complete car with 6 speed T56. I plan on transplanting the ls1 and tranny, using the interior what what else can I use and can I use the entire wiring harness if so what wires can I delete and who do I have flash PCM. thanks
I am currently doing the exact same thing, except we bought a wrecked 05 gto/6 speed and its all going into a 69 nova, gong to try to use as much of the gto as possible, including the dash interior etc

Quick Reply: Swap 2004 gto into 66 lemans