Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

Power Antenna and Ipod Interface

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2012, 08:41 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power Antenna and Ipod Interface

So, looked and looked for a power antenna assembly for my 1998 TA - GM Parts said it has been discontinued. The 97 assembly was available from GMPartsShop.com for $142.91 including fees and shipping. Part Number 10269280. I had to re-use the 1998 mounting bracket and the rest works like a charm.

Next, I have the Monsoon system with tape deck and a 12 disc changer in the hatch area. I wanted to use my ipod and my sirius radio so I ordered this part on Amazon.com: Usa Spec Pa11-gm45 1997-2002.

I was afraid it wouldn't work since I don't have the aux/source button it required. I called the manufacturer, spoke with a tech named Joe, and together learned the tape/play button serves the same purpose and the ipod will link to the head unit in a few seconds. Now I have my ipod and sirius working and nicely tucked away in the center console. I simply had to unattach the red 9 pin connector from the rear of the head unit and attach the interface.
Attached Thumbnails Power Antenna and Ipod Interface-sam_0723.jpg   Power Antenna and Ipod Interface-sam_0722.jpg  
Old 06-09-2012, 08:44 AM
Teching In

Default Steering wheel controls

work the ipod as well. I can switch between the ipod and sirius the same way I switched discs on the changer and I can change songs the same way I changed songs on the changer. The cd changer is disabled but who needs it with the ipod working. The harness is still there and I haven't removed the changer. I can hook it all back up in less than 10 minutes.
Old 06-09-2012, 08:46 AM
Teching In

Default Picture of faceplate for head unit

added. Sorry, thought I put that on the 1st post.
Attached Thumbnails Power Antenna and Ipod Interface-sam_0719.jpg  
Old 06-09-2012, 09:42 AM
Teching In

Default Links

To the interface manufacture: http://usaspec.com/product.php?ProductID=25

To the best price I could find:
Amazon Amazon

Seems the price has gone up $10 since I ordered last week. It still has others beat by $25 to $45.

Quick Reply: Power Antenna and Ipod Interface