Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

3rd Gen X-Body - Vette FPR location ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2012, 07:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default 3rd Gen X-Body - Vette FPR location ?

Hey you 3rd Gen X-Body guys..

I about to finish up my fuel line and stuff.. was going to mount the Vette FPR (GF-822) above the Rear Diff area on the cross bracing panels (near the EVAP hose area).

Got to thinking of other locations.. and figured I ask you guys about where you mounted it and have any pictures of it?

Was thinking of mounting mid car where the OEM lines are joinned by a rubber hose, but didn't want to run a long return line. Thought about the right side frame. Got to think about exhaust pipe routing and heat.

If nothing come up, I will just continue with my planned location.

Thanks.

BC
Old 06-09-2012, 08:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Ok.. took a few pictures of some optional locations. I am concern about the heat from the Exhaust pipe routing, just something to think about. What do you guys think ?

1) Above the Rear End area on the Cross bracing area. You can see the fuel line on the far Right.

2) On the Passenger Rocker area, where the Stock Fuel Lines would be joinned. (I thinking I don't want to run a return line that long if I don't have too)

3) Just below the EVAP tube area..

4) Behind the Rear end, just in front of the Gas Tank and near the Tank Strap location

BC
Old 06-09-2012, 09:06 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I vote for frame rail. That's how all of GM's cars that have those filters are. Even my old Saturn was the same way. It's not going to hurt anything to have a return line that long. Just think, it used to return all the way from the fuel rail.

James
Old 06-09-2012, 10:18 PM
TECH Addict

Received 79 Likes on 67 Posts

I like the frame rail location but make sure subframe connectors won't interfere down the road. The other spots look ok too.

Last edited by -TheBandit-; 06-09-2012 at 11:46 PM.
Old 03-31-2015, 12:30 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Back from the dead! What did you end up doing? I found this thread by ssarching for the same question on where to mount it on my car. Was originally planning right behind the tank straps like you have shown option 4.
Old 03-31-2015, 04:31 PM
TECH Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rennat_2006
Back from the dead! What did you end up doing? I found this thread by ssarching for the same question on where to mount it on my car. Was originally planning right behind the tank straps like you have shown option 4.
I bolted mine above the rear end.

Quick Reply: 3rd Gen X-Body - Vette FPR location ?