View Full Version : Lemons12- 370/Ls3 nitrous build

Pages : [1] 2

lemons12
06-10-2012, 04:24 AM
Not good at "build threads" but I'll see what I can do.

Car has been down for almost 2 years due to a spun bearing.. Will have the motor out this weekend. Old 346 setup ran 7.3s@95 1.50-1.52 short times.. 2000+DA and 3500# race weight. I lost interest for the longest for multiple reasons... Got back into it for a month or two then had to put everything on hold for personal reasons. I am 100% dedicated to get it running and it is my main focus at this time.

Thompson Motorsports (http://thompsonmotorsports.net/) out of Texas, a sponsor of tech, is who I went with for the short block, very happy with them so far. Kyle has been excellent to deal with and made me a KILLER deal on the short block... I got it and a lot of nice additions (studs/0 decking/timing chain/oil pump/gaskets/shipping) for the same price other sponsors wanted before shipping for the same short block with no extras.

Setup will look something like:
Forged 370.. We built it with a 300 hit in mind but it won't be seeing that for a while... Stock rear and built 4l60e. I don't mind killing the rear I would like the trans to live until I am ready to upgrade to what I want. Block is being 0 decked and has +12 pistons.. Compression will be 11.5-1 with stock L92/Ls3 heads.
L92/Ls3 top end (still to buy)
TSP 1 7/8 (still to buy)
TSP 231/236 Ls3 cam
90mm TB/lid/chrs1313/etc..
For now I'm going to see how my old converter works, should hit hard on motor will have to see on the bottle.. PTC 4000
Brand X nitrous kit.. mini progressive.. Still need to complete the kit but that will come once the car is running.. I'm sure there will be many things added and changed.. I have the heart of the kit... Few accessories and a plate is what I'm needing
Race stars with 28" 325s
Of course ton of other odds and ends but that is the majority and what is needed to get it running

I'm shooting for driving it down to FL early/mid September.. Pinching pennies to get everything where it should be.

Goal on motor once I get the bugs worked out is 6.6-6.7s with everything working the way it should. I don't really have a goal on nitrous... I guess if it goes faster than it does on motor and the car doesn't explode I will be happy. LOL

I will update as much as I remember to when I purchase parts/work on car.

Few older pics/vids if anyone is interested...
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg259/xhk651/downsized_0812091351a.jpg
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg259/xhk651/2010-03-19235239.jpg
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg259/xhk651/IMAG0095.jpg
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg259/xhk651/IMAG0082-2.jpg
rims/tires
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg259/xhk651/IMAG0808.jpg

346 setup... 226/228 cam 317s kooks 13/4 ls6 intake etc... Click to watch vid
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg259/xhk651/Racing/th_VID_20101027_171012.jpg (http://s250.photobucket.com/albums/gg259/xhk651/Racing/?action=view&current=VID_20101027_171012.mp4)
Invoice for 370 and some of the extras..
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg259/xhk651/Untitled.png

*Major updates page 8/post 211

lemons12
06-10-2012, 04:26 AM
Came across a deal...

Brand new Edelbrock 90mm throttle body from classifieds... One step closer!

I'm trying to buy things somewhat in order but of course if something passes up cheap enough I can't pass it up, I jump on it.

TransAmcoupe98
06-10-2012, 05:52 AM
Who wil be done first...me or you?!?! :secret2:

Ego Killer
06-10-2012, 09:11 AM
Came across a deal...

Brand new Edelbrock 90mm throttle body from classifieds... One step closer!

I'm trying to buy things somewhat in order but of course if something passes up cheap enough I can't pass it up, I jump on it.

I assume you dont need my TB now?

TA1364
06-10-2012, 09:22 AM
Any plans for a roll bar

02 WS6 TA
06-10-2012, 10:09 AM
Must be something in the water this year- Old an' busted is alive here again after 2.5 years. Keep us updated!

nunleysz
06-10-2012, 11:58 AM
A few projects going on around town.all should be ready about the same time.

BAMALS1
06-10-2012, 02:19 PM
Subscribed...good luck with it!

lemons12
06-10-2012, 02:51 PM
Who wil be done first...me or you?!?! :secret2:
You......... I'm going to assume on your "vacation" up here we will be finishing it up and going to get the tune.
I assume you dont need my TB now?
Was going to call you today... For 130$ shipped, couldn't pass it up... Came with sensors too, which I needed.
Any plans for a roll bar
No... Not at the moment.

Huntsville doesn't have much tech, if you can even say they have one at all. LOL
I'm moving to Tampa at the first of the year though so I'll just have to see what the tracks are like down there as far as a roll bars go. If I have to get one it will be the absolute minimum. It is a street car and I don't want to add the weight of a cage.
Must be something in the water this year- Old an' busted is alive here again after 2.5 years. Keep us updated!
Yea, I think this is the year for everyone to get their ducks in a row and start the fever again! Will do..
A few projects going on around town.all should be ready about the same time.
We're all shooting for it... I know of a Z28 that just got its motor in, just needs the D1 put on. I think me and Jason are going to be the last ones done. LOL
Subscribed...good luck with it!
Thanks man!

Ego Killer
06-10-2012, 04:04 PM
We're all shooting for it... I know of a Z28 that just got its motor in, just needs the D1 put on. I think me and Jason are going to be the last ones done. LOL

you might want to think again

lemons12
06-10-2012, 04:05 PM
you might want to think again

You still waiting on a big part aren't you? And I thought it was from a sponsor that drags their feet?

Well... I do know I will be the last one done! HA It is starting to come together pretty quickly though.

thedudeZ
06-10-2012, 05:53 PM
How much for the hurt motor?

nunleysz
06-10-2012, 07:21 PM
Well my converter is on its way finally and all I need is my headers and tuned and im done.

thedudeZ
06-10-2012, 08:14 PM
Well my converter is on its way finally and all I need is my headers and tuned and im done.

When did the Dr say you'll be able to look down again?

nunleysz
06-10-2012, 10:04 PM
When did the Dr say you'll be able to look down again?

What kinda gayness you talking about now Wess Watson?

thedudeZ
06-10-2012, 10:39 PM
What kinda gayness you talking about now Wess Watson?

Elementary, my dear watson's cousin!

lemons12
06-11-2012, 02:36 AM
How much for the hurt motor?
I'm not really sure yet Wes, I have zero idea what I would ask for it.

Honestly, it depends on the damage when I pull it this week. I might end up rebuilding it and selling it that way.
If its going to be too much of a hassle I'll let it go the way it is.

Yea yea, when you coming over to lend a hand?

You have the cherry picker Jason has the motor stand, correct? I will be needing it Tuesday-Wednesday.

lemons12
06-11-2012, 02:49 AM
Rough over view of what my plan looks like: http://www.tnfbody.com/forum/showpost.php?p=178843&postcount=12

mjs1012
06-11-2012, 10:29 AM
Looks good man. Subscribed for results.

lemons12
06-11-2012, 03:11 PM
Thanks MJ...

Purchase: Ls7 lifters

I also bought rockers/stands from Kyle/TMS for a good price.. Trying to work out a deal on a set of L92 heads right now and none of the L92 heads FS come with rockers/stands which is very aggravating. My top end at that point will be 100% I believe, I can't think of anything I will be missing.
I have the intake/rails/injectors/TB/heads/valve train/cam/short block/misc bolts and gaskets. There will be things pop up here and there but its getting really close.
The biggest thing I will have left at that point is TSP 1 7/8s..

Ego Killer
06-11-2012, 03:21 PM
I would like to make a prediction........ this will be the longest build thread with the least amount of usefull information in ls1tech history

lemons12
06-11-2012, 03:31 PM
I would like to make a prediction........ this will be the longest build thread with the least amount of usefull information in ls1tech history
Because you were SOOOO in depth in your build thread.

Yours has been going on for 11 months now... This portion of my build will be done very shortly, I am about done purchasing parts.

BTW... Where is your update? Your thread hasn't been bumped in a month. :eek2:

COME AGAIN!!!!:gruffy:

thedudeZ
06-11-2012, 06:31 PM
I'm not really sure yet Wes, I have zero idea what I would ask for it.

Honestly, it depends on the damage when I pull it this week. I might end up rebuilding it and selling it that way.
If its going to be too much of a hassle I'll let it go the way it is.

Yea yea, when you coming over to lend a hand?

You have the cherry picker Jason has the motor stand, correct? I will be needing it Tuesday-Wednesday.

If there was a chance in hell of you fixing it would have happened long before now. I'll be waiting for the bat signal to come get it.

thedudeZ
06-11-2012, 06:32 PM

Don't make me choke you out..

lemons12
06-11-2012, 06:53 PM
You two are morons... That is it... I'm about to have a total of 6,000$ish worth of parts and I'm going to let everything sit.

I could have gone the cheap/easy route with the lq9 and already had it running with some nice extras (if I had it two months ago, it would have been but that isn't how it played out), I went this route so I was closer to what I wanted in the end result and I have the funds to allow it at this point thankfully.

You better not be worrying about when/if I get it done... What you need to worry about is if that big bad mean motor is going to be able to outrun this setup by a larger margin than the 408 did VS my 346. "If i knew a 346 could run like that, I would have never pulled mine and built the 408............."

thedudeZ
06-11-2012, 06:57 PM
The morons will be waiting for a faster car!!!

lemons12
06-11-2012, 07:13 PM
Purchased: Ls3 821 heads
Another great deal on them!

Headers and finish up the bit to TMS/oil/antifreeze/other odd and end things that pop up/tune.
I have my Glock 27 Gen 4 for sale and that is going to pay for the headers.

If it looks like I'm going to be able to get everything bought within my time limit, which it looks like I'm going to have it beat by a good bit t I will be adding a few "wants" to the list to be done before I pull it out of the garage... K member, !ABS delete, few other odd and ends I have thought about.

Ego Killer
06-11-2012, 07:38 PM
You two are morons... That is it... I'm about to have a total of 6,000$ish worth of parts and I'm going to let everything sit.

I could have gone the cheap/easy route with the lq9 and already had it running with some nice extras (if I had it two months ago, it would have been but that isn't how it played out), I went this route so I was closer to what I wanted in the end result and I have the funds to allow it at this point thankfully.

You better not be worrying about when/if I get it done... What you need to worry about is if that big bad mean motor is going to be able to outrun this setup by a larger margin than the 408 did VS my 346. "If i knew a 346 could run like that, I would have never pulled mine and built the 408............."

were the morons when your the one that sets up all night just to argue with complete strangers about how fast your non running car is with corrected times and dont you worry about this big bad motor because it will beat this build just like just like my last one did. and like before I will put it togeather just like last time. who by the way put your white car together again???

thedudeZ
06-11-2012, 10:15 PM
were the morons when your the one that sets up all night just to argue with complete strangers about how fast your non running car is with corrected times and dont you worry about this big bad motor because it will beat this build just like just like my last one did. and like before I will put it togeather just like last time. who by the way put your white car together again???

Oh no he didn't!!!!

02 WS6 TA
06-12-2012, 05:22 AM
Well, since there are morons in here attempting to shit on his build thread, mine IS running, so bring it to PCB. And don't even say you ain't coming to Florida. :gruffy:
http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m297/02ws6ta/02%20WS6/DSC06098.jpg

It's hell being so popular, ain't it Lemons?

thedudeZ
06-12-2012, 07:24 AM
I am not coming to Florida.

FYI we know and like Evan.... You big slow dummy.

Ego Killer
06-12-2012, 09:30 AM
I'm not coming to Florida either, so you drag your a$$ to TN and I'll drag your a$$ down the track

02 WS6 TA
06-12-2012, 09:41 AM
Now that WAS funny. :jest:

geoffreymexico
06-12-2012, 10:09 AM
You still waiting on a big part aren't you? And I thought it was from a sponsor that drags their feet?

Well... I do know I will be the last one done! HA It is starting to come together pretty quickly though.

Don't worry Evan. Im not convinced I won't have to come back and convince you to put your car back together like last time, but I am 100% positive that you will have everything put together before my car gets finished up.

And I'm trying my hardest to convince myself not to buy a ctsv right now. But if I fail Im sure I will have a h/c/i/e caddy before I get the ball rolling on the T/A

RacingTiger03
06-12-2012, 12:44 PM
WOW, that's a big change since last I had heard haha. Looks like it's going to be a beast! now let me borrow those draglites so I can get kicked out of brainerd for no helmet... lol

Mike Morris
06-12-2012, 03:26 PM
Evan did this build so he wouldn't have to race me with his old combo....jk

Why did old motor let go in terms of the bearings?

Looks good-good luck with it.

TransAmcoupe98
06-12-2012, 04:35 PM
Evan I'm just gonna start my build thread in with yours...

TransAmcoupe98
06-12-2012, 04:39 PM
Well, since there are morons in here attempting to shit on his build thread, mine IS running, so bring it to PCB. And don't even say you ain't coming to Florida. :gruffy:

Car is retarded nasty!

lemons12
06-12-2012, 04:52 PM

No use.. You're trying to run someone that doesn't even have their car running, just likes to talk about what it would do to complete strangers on the internet with nitrous LSX 454's!!!

Wish you were closer to Tampa, would meet up while I'm down and chill when I move down at the first of he year.

I'm not coming to Florida either, so you drag your a$$ to TN and I'll drag your a$$ down the track
You mean in a stock C5Z?

Don't worry Evan. Im not convinced I won't have to come back and convince you to put your car back together like last time, but I am 100% positive that you will have everything put together before my car gets finished up.

And I'm trying my hardest to convince myself not to buy a ctsv right now. But if I fail Im sure I will have a h/c/i/e caddy before I get the ball rolling on the T/A
It will be started before you and Caleb get back in the states. Depending on if I decide on a Kmember/etc things might be pushed back another week or two but it will be running/tuned soon enough.

WOW, that's a big change since last I had heard haha. Looks like it's going to be a beast! now let me borrow those draglites so I can get kicked out of brainerd for no helmet... lol
Yea man, completely different route. I think its for the better though.
I had some deals fall through on the sellers end, not too often you hear a buyer wanting to send money and the seller just stops responding! LOL I'm glad it happened though, I like this build.
You need to roll your fenders though! My 325s would get sliced and diced! LOL

Evan did this build so he wouldn't have to race me with his old combo....jk

Why did old motor let go in terms of the bearings?

Looks good-good luck with it.
Yes, that is EXACTLY it!!!! Running from MR Morris! LOL

I'm positive it was an oil related issue.. That is the reason the majority let go as well.

Thanks man!

lemons12
06-12-2012, 04:54 PM
Lets keep it somewhat clean in here, I don't want 12 pages of useless crap in here.

Redfire 03
06-12-2012, 05:23 PM

Wow I must say that motor looks great! May I ask, what H/C/I and what's it put out for power?

lemons12
06-13-2012, 12:14 AM
I ended up selling the Glock this afternoon to a local guy I know via Clist.

I am going to pay off 1/2 of the rest of what I owe TMS with the money. End of next week I will pay off the rest, week after that headers.

Other than ^^^ I have fluids and tune!

I'm looking my fueling right now to be prepared for it... As well as heavily considering a Kmember before I put everything together.

Redfire 03
06-13-2012, 09:31 PM
I ended up selling the Glock this afternoon to a local guy I know via Clist.

I am going to pay off 1/2 of the rest of what I owe TMS with the money. End of next week I will pay off the rest, week after that headers.

Other than ^^^ I have fluids and tune!

I'm looking my fueling right now to be prepared for it... As well as heavily considering a Kmember before I put everything together.

How in the world did you manage to sale a firearm on Craigslist. :confused:

lemons12
06-13-2012, 09:35 PM
How in the world did you manage to sale a firearm on Craigslist. :confused:

http://nashville.craigslist.org/spo/3071615404.html

I'm sure there were a couple slow people that thought I was on crack trying to sell some magazines and an empty box of Hornady for the same price as the gun sells for. LOL

Throttle body came in today, looks really nice... I'll post a pic shortly.

en 4 Glock 27 (.40 sub compact) Magazines

Info... Glock .40 Sub compact **MAGAZINES** for sale!! I have some extras that I will throw in the deal if you want the magazines... Pinky Extension, an empty Hornady Critical Defense rounds box, the original Glock box, all papers you get when you purchase a new Glock, etc etc etc... Only thing not included in this for sale listing is the Glock 27 handgun itself and the ammunition shown in the pictures.

The magazines are immaculate, not a scratch/etc on it and shows zero sign of wear or use, they were never carried. Roughly 150-200 rounds through them and not a single jam, its a Glock magazine. Cleaned the mags after every practice.

530$
The only reason for selling the magazines is to fund my other hobby, cars. I will consider trades for things I need to fund my build, nothing else... If you don't have car parts I'm not interested in trades. (L92 heads/TSP 1 7/8 headers/nitrous accessories/etc)
TEXT only: XXX XXX XXXX

PICTURES OF THE MAGAZINES FOR SALE!!!!: The Handgun/ammunition seen in the pictures are not for sale!

Redfire 03
06-13-2012, 09:56 PM
http://nashville.craigslist.org/spo/3071615404.html

I'm sure there were a couple slow people that thought I was on crack trying to sell some magazines and an empty box of Hornady for the same price as the gun sells for. LOL

Throttle body came in today, looks really nice... I'll post a pic shortly.

:rotflmao:

Lemons you're a genius.

lemons12
06-13-2012, 10:05 PM
:rotflmao:

Lemons you're a genius.

I do what I can to get by!:thumb:

I ended up really liking this TB... And for 134$ shipped, can't beat it! Even came with a sensor.
PICS:

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg259/xhk651/SAM_0179.jpg
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg259/xhk651/SAM_0177.jpg

I also received the tracking number for the heads, they will be here on Friday.

I was a little busy today but I am calling Lonnies Performance tomorrow to see what he can set me up with as far as fuel to support the spray. I was prepared for a big penny for that but I'm thinking it isn't going to be quite as bad as I had originally planned... I was probably over building in that department as well.

Redfire 03
06-13-2012, 11:44 PM

I ended up really liking this TB... And for 134$ shipped, can't beat it! Even came with a sensor.
PICS:

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg259/xhk651/SAM_0179.jpg
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg259/xhk651/SAM_0177.jpg

I was a little busy today but I am calling Lonnies Performance tomorrow to see what he can set me up with as far as fuel to support the spray. I was prepared for a big penny for that but I'm thinking it isn't going to be quite as bad as I had originally planned... I was probably over building in that department as well.

Sweet! Any idle issues with the Edelbrock?

lemons12
06-13-2012, 11:47 PM
Sweet! Any idle issues with the Edelbrock?

I actually haven't heard a ton about the edelbrock TBs... The FAST/PTM/NW are more common.

I'm not sure why though. This one comes with sensors and I like the finish on it a LOT!

For 130$, I couldn't pass it up... It has to be better than those EBAY junk ones. It seems like a very high quality part.

I will know soon enough! Fingers crossed... I REALLY am hoping I am lucky enough that I start it and don't find too many issues.. I will have bugs and what not but I hope nothing that can't be fixed quick and easy.

lemons12
06-13-2012, 11:59 PM
If correct, I like what I hear...
http://ls1tech.com/forums/generation-iii-external-engine/1541928-edelbrock-throttle-body.html

Redfire 03
06-14-2012, 12:44 AM
I actually haven't heard a ton about the edelbrock TBs... The FAST/PTM/NW are more common.

I'm not sure why though. This one comes with sensors and I like the finish on it a LOT!

For 130$, I couldn't pass it up... It has to be better than those EBAY junk ones. It seems like a very high quality part.

I will know soon enough! Fingers crossed... I REALLY am hoping I am lucky enough that I start it and don't find too many issues.. I will have bugs and what not but I hope nothing that can't be fixed quick and easy.

Yeah I haven't heard too much or known anyone running the Edelbrock piece. Looks good! I feel you on the E-Bay stuff. My buddy was having issues with an off-brand 92mm he bought off there. Idle issues and plate was sticking. He finally said F'it and bought a Nick Williams like I told him to do in the first place.

If correct, I like what I hear...
http://ls1tech.com/forums/generation-iii-external-engine/1541928-edelbrock-throttle-body.html

Sounds good. :nod:

lemons12
06-14-2012, 12:45 AM
I have heard a lot of horror stories from the Ebay/no name brands and they need a LOT of work on ALL of them out of the box to get them even half way performing correctly.
I would spend 100$ more to get a part I can install and forget about the way it came out of the box.

02 WS6 TA
06-14-2012, 06:05 AM
Wow I must say that motor looks great! May I ask, what H/C/I and what's it put out for power?

I'll quit whoring Evan's thread after this: GMPP 454 LSx ETP heads, baby .830/.816 cam, extrude honed Lingenfelter, makes around 300 to the tires. :jest:

02 WS6 TA
06-14-2012, 06:07 AM

That is a nice buy, that's the first one I've seen. If he has another dozen or so he wants to get rid of, I'll take 'em. ;)

RacingTiger03
06-14-2012, 12:50 PM
Yea man, completely different route. I think its for the better though.
I had some deals fall through on the sellers end, not too often you hear a buyer wanting to send money and the seller just stops responding! LOL I'm glad it happened though, I like this build.
You need to roll your fenders though! My 325s would get sliced and diced! LOL

Haha, yeah this definitely sounds like a better build. I don't need the rears, I have a set of 275 DR's that hook solid, I want to drop the weight up front for a harder transfer! LOL

lemons12
06-14-2012, 04:21 PM
I'll quit whoring Evan's thread after this: GMPP 454 LSx ETP heads, baby .830/.816 cam, extrude honed Lingenfelter, makes around 300 to the tires. :jest:
I don't mind as long as it isn't useless bickering! :)

That is a nice buy, that's the first one I've seen. If he has another dozen or so he wants to get rid of, I'll take 'em. ;)

Yea, I haven't seen one like it at all... If he had more I would have bought several.... Then priced them at 250$ and sold them all! HAHA
Everyone that has seen it in person really likes it, one of the nicest 90s made IMO.

Haha, yeah this definitely sounds like a better build. I don't need the rears, I have a set of 275 DR's that hook solid, I want to drop the weight up front for a harder transfer! LOL

I'm enjoying it! If I come that way for anything in the next few weeks I could bring them with.

Just called TMS and paid off 1/2 of the rest of my total. I should be able to finish that up at the end of next week.

I also needed some lifter trays and of course Kyle took care of me again on that!
Picked up the cherry picker to pull the motor out today as well.

S8ER95Z
06-15-2012, 01:10 PM
I actually looked at Thompson Motorsports recently and had never heard of them.... glad to see they are a sponsor. Hard to beat their prices that I saw on the website (was just looking for a stock replacement).

Nice build man.

lemons12
06-15-2012, 02:09 PM
I actually looked at Thompson Motorsports recently and had never heard of them.... glad to see they are a sponsor. Hard to beat their prices that I saw on the website (was just looking for a stock replacement).

Nice build man.

I am very pleased with everything about Kyle's business.

I am trying to finalize a deal on a TSP true dual setup now.

RacingTiger03
06-16-2012, 07:15 AM
Lemons, I don't know how hard it would be for you to get the car there, but I've recently discovered a gold mine exhaust shop nearby. They're kinda old school on what theyll try to talk you into, but when it comes to bending pipe and welding they're definitely some of the best.. non-sponsor so I'll PM ya the info, they're down near scottsboro, AL.

02 WS6 TA
06-16-2012, 07:25 AM
Oh, you needs exhaust? Sounds like a weekend Vaca to the redneck Riv is in order- I'll bend some shit up for ya. :D

Blk98Vert
06-16-2012, 07:37 AM
I am very pleased with everything about Kyle's business.

I am trying to finalize a deal on a TSP true dual setup now.

With what mufflers? IIRC you hated bullets and sweet thunders. Are you having 10 series Flowmasters welded on?

lemons12
06-16-2012, 12:57 PM
Lemons, I don't know how hard it would be for you to get the car there, but I've recently discovered a gold mine exhaust shop nearby. They're kinda old school on what theyll try to talk you into, but when it comes to bending pipe and welding they're definitely some of the best.. non-sponsor so I'll PM ya the info, they're down near scottsboro, AL.
I'll reply in the PM.

Oh, you needs exhaust? Sounds like a weekend Vaca to the redneck Riv is in order- I'll bend some shit up for ya. :D
If I didn't have to drive 6 hours with open headers, I'd come down and let you work some magic!

With what mufflers? IIRC you hated bullets and sweet thunders. Are you having 10 series Flowmasters welded on?

Yea not a fan at all.. The ones I was looking at have bullets on them. I will go to a 1 chamber FM, I just haven't heard anything that compares to them. The closest thing I guess is my buddies C5Z with Borlas on it, sounded amazing. I have heard the spirals/thunders/bullets/etc, never impressed me on multiple setups.
The 1 chambers have a higher pitch to them, more exotic than old school IMO. I think on a modern muscle/pony car it is close to the sound that matches it.

02 WS6 TA
06-16-2012, 01:52 PM
I'm running Magnaflow Stainless Bullets, and so far, so good... Loud as fuck, but as much ground clearance as I can get given the setup.
http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m297/02ws6ta/02%20WS6/IMG_6439.jpg

lemons12
06-16-2012, 05:40 PM
I do hear good things about the Magnaflows...

Heads came in yesterday, Will post pictures up tomorrow.

speedtigger
06-16-2012, 05:52 PM
I had Magnaflows on my 04 Cobra. Nice sound level and great tone.

lemons12
06-16-2012, 06:10 PM
I ran a magnaflow catback on my old setup and I loved it... Plenty loud at idle/part throttle but quiet enough cruising to not bother you at all, screamed at WOT.

Without a cam I don't think it would have been loud enough for my liking however.

They make a good product and SS is a nice plus.

mjs1012
06-16-2012, 10:14 PM
I ran a magnaflow catback on my old setup and I loved it... Plenty loud at idle/part throttle but quiet enough cruising to not bother you at all, screamed at WOT.

Without a cam I don't think it would have been loud enough for my liking however.

They make a good product and SS is a nice plus.

im running the same thing...love the sound of the magnaflow and how it opens right up at WOT.

Blk98Vert
06-17-2012, 02:39 PM
I love my sweet thunders. I wish I would have known you were looking for a set. I had a TSP setup minus mufflers with cutouts welded on I would have sold you for $130 shipped

The Guy in MY 99TA
06-18-2012, 01:47 AM
I'm running Magnaflow Stainless Bullets, and so far, so good... Loud as fuck, but as much ground clearance as I can get given the setup.
http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m297/02ws6ta/02%20WS6/IMG_6439.jpg

holy shit... that guy came up from the dead!

I havent seen anything from you in YEARS

back on topic. Lemons I love the car! I like it when people put a motor in a good looking car!

Blk98Vert
06-18-2012, 01:56 AM
I doubt you will like mine but this is my little 224 cammed 347 with Sweet Thunders

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJML6pnf3Zk

lemons12
06-18-2012, 02:02 AM
back on topic. Lemons I love the car! I like it when people put a motor in a good looking car!
Thanks a ton man, it has been a part of me that has been missing for too long!
I thought about not going to this extent with the build at this point.... But what fun would that be!? :)
I doubt you will like mine but this is my little 224 cammed 347 with Sweet Thunders
I actually listened to this clip earlier.. Don't absolutely hate it but I like a little more tone.

I also don't like that everyone runs 1 of those 3 bullets, so they are all similar.
The 1 chambers and Borlas have a very distinct sound and not every one runs them.

Just like something different but in a good way kind of thing I suppose.

Blk98Vert
06-18-2012, 02:14 AM
Thanks a ton man, it has been a part of me that has been missing for too long!
I thought about not going to this extent with the build at this point.... But what fun would that be!? :)

I actually listened to this clip earlier.. Don't absolutely hate it but I like a little more tone.

I also don't like that everyone runs 1 of those 3 bullets, so they are all similar.
The 1 chambers and Borlas have a very distinct sound and not every one runs them.

Just like something different but in a good way kind of thing I suppose.

Ill get a better clip after I add the centermount. I went through a lot of setups:

Stock LT1 with Flowmaster 80 series, TSP Rumbler (Dynomax), SLP LM1, GMMG

Cammed LT1 with GMMG/FM merge/Magnaflow bullet, then catted duals with Borla Pro XSs

Stock LS1 with SLP Dual Dual

Forged LS1 with ORY/Wickedflow muffler, then the Sweet Thunders and H pipe dumped.

Honestly the Borlas and Sweet Thunders sound very similar tone wise to me, just the volume is turned up. Ive never heard an LS1 sound like mine. But I know you love your 10 series. I guess its flipped out there, no one runs bullets or Sweet Thunders out here, its all Flowmaster.

Blk98Vert
06-18-2012, 02:16 AM
This is my friends 700rwhp Procharged 370 TA with Sweet Thunders. He has them ran to the back with oval tips so its a little smoother. His car made me get these

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwxW-HX61kk

lemons12
06-18-2012, 02:26 AM
Ill get a better clip after I add the centermount. I went through a lot of setups:

Honestly the Borlas and Sweet Thunders sound very similar tone wise to me, just the volume is turned up. Ive never heard an LS1 sound like mine. But I know you love your 10 series. I guess its flipped out there, no one runs bullets or Sweet Thunders out here, its all Flowmaster.

I haven't been through that many setups but heard tons.

LOL Yea me and ego killer are the only 2 cars I have ever seen in person run the 1 chambers.
We both had 1 chambers with Xs on our old setups.. I was at the car wash pulling in front of one of the bays to leave for some races (Ms4 cam and exhaust dumped) and he started his car... I stopped and listened for a second. Got out of my car and went over and told him I thought something was wrong with his car. He asked me why I thought that and I told him I don't know it just didn't sound the same when he started it/let it idle. He asked good or bad didn't sound the same? I said sounded like ass like something was wrong with his exhaust.
He filled me in he had switched to a bullet but absolutely hated it and was switching back ASAP. I can't recall which one he was running but it was through TSP.

Just something about them I don't like. and I can spot it from a mile away. :confused:

This is my friends 700rwhp Procharged 370 TA with Sweet Thunders. He has them ran to the back with oval tips so its a little smoother. His car made me get these
One of the better ones I have heard... It just seems like there is a lot of "rasp" with most bullets that the 1 chambers calm down, might be the loudness... I'm not sure. Just something about them reminds me of open headers loudness with cutout quality.

Blk98Vert
06-18-2012, 02:33 AM
Its the loudness, thunders trump 1 chambers in volume, its not rasp. And I agree with you about bullets, I hate them.

02 WS6 TA
06-18-2012, 06:34 AM
holy shit... that guy came up from the dead!

I havent seen anything from you in YEARS

Josh, if you'd check your email, fucker... :jest:
Here's what that junk sounds like...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfABa-uRuxw

The Guy in MY 99TA
06-19-2012, 12:53 AM
We thinking about comming down to pensacola next month or summin to go fishin... you need to come over, or maybe we can ride over and visit your old ass. PM me ur number

lemons12
06-19-2012, 01:30 AM
I bet that big bad thing couldn't break out of the 7s!!!! Bahaha

I mean maybe if you hosed it with a 300 it MIGHT see the 5s, doubtful though!!
:jest:

02 WS6 TA
06-19-2012, 05:02 AM
We thinking about comming down to pensacola next month or summin to go fishin... you need to come over, or maybe we can ride over and visit your old ass. PM me ur number

Will do- I'm off the beach now, built north of town. Check you PMs. :)

I bet that big bad thing couldn't break out of the 7s!!!! Bahaha

I mean maybe if you hosed it with a 300 it MIGHT see the 5s, doubtful though!!
:jest:

You're probably right. I'm shooting for solid 9's in the 1/8. ;)

lemons12
06-20-2012, 09:49 PM
I'll throw a few picks of parts to keep it half way interesting.

Part buying that has to be bought before I start is done less the TSP 1 7/8 headers and the X pipe. I'm waiting on the guy to get back from his honeymoon on the X pipe and I'll have it, I think he is back this Friday IIRC.
I'm about to start on doing some work to the car...

PICS:
L76/Ls3 Intake/rails/injectors:
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg259/xhk651/2012-06-20213009.jpg
Projector adapters for low/high beams to use with Hella projectors, no modification needed. I got these from Tram a while back, I recommend these to anyone with a TA that wants to run HIDs.
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg259/xhk651/2012-06-20212523.jpg
ARP wheel studs: 12mm X 1.50"
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg259/xhk651/2012-06-20212510.jpg
Ls6 valley cover and shortened (roughly 1.5" IIRC) A4 shifter knob w/ adapter to attach a ball: Later I will be swapping in a manual M6 console and putting a boot on it.. I just think the shifter knob and a boot looks better than the auto setup.
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg259/xhk651/2012-06-20212422.jpg
Heads:
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg259/xhk651/2012-06-20212737.jpg
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg259/xhk651/2012-06-20212803.jpg
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg259/xhk651/2012-06-20212824.jpg
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg259/xhk651/2012-06-20212912.jpg

i thought I found a deal on a Kmember for 250$ but it had already sold by the time I came across it. :(

TransAmcoupe98
06-21-2012, 12:42 AM
Coming together....

geoffreymexico
06-21-2012, 01:21 AM
Glad to see everything coming together. You will definitely have to take me for a spin when I get back to settle this whole cars vs future debate :punch:

lemons12
06-21-2012, 01:22 AM
Glad to see everything coming together. We will definitely have to take me for a spin when I get back to not make it any contest in this whole cars VS future debate :punch:

Fixed! LOL

lemons12
06-21-2012, 01:24 AM
I already have the cam/springs/push rods/etc.. I just need to snap some pics of them.

geoffreymexico
06-21-2012, 01:26 AM
Clever...........also made me realize i used we instead of you lol

lemons12
06-21-2012, 01:31 AM
Clever...........also made me realize i used we instead of you lol

Thought that was on purpose, cracked me up.

TransAmcoupe98
06-23-2012, 06:30 AM
Pics of n20 kit now!!!

BOBS99SS
06-23-2012, 07:59 AM
More pics damnit, lol, sounds like its going to be a killer build, no trex cam??? Why not lmfao

lemons12
06-24-2012, 03:03 AM
Pics of n20 kit now!!!
As soon as we pull it off his car I will grab some... He doesn't need 2 power adder..... OR maybe he does!!! :gruffy: Hahahaha
More pics damnit, lol, sounds like its going to be a killer build, no trex cam??? Why not lmfao
I will have some more updates/pics close to the middle of the week... Been crazy with work and other activities.

TransAmcoupe98
06-24-2012, 04:57 AM
As soon as we pull it off his car I will grab some... He doesn't need 2 power adder..... OR maybe he does!!! :gruffy: Hahahaha

I will have some more updates/pics close to the middle of the week... Been crazy with work and other activities.

Hmm...what activities???:secret2: :lol:
:

lemons12
07-01-2012, 01:24 AM
Hmm...what activities???:secret2: :lol:

:chug::chug::chug:
:hump::hump::hump:
The only two that take priority over the car at times! :D

Talked to Kyle today.. Motor will be finished and put in crate with everything else tomorrow. I will have the final payment to him before Friday so it will be on its way before next weekend!

Bought a TSP Xpipe the other day also.. It has bullets on it right now, they will be swapped out for FM 1 chambers. Also coming with a few extra feet of 3" piping. TSP is currently out of stock and I got this for about 1/2 price so it was hard to pass up. I'm going to give a sand and spray it before I install it.

Going to rent the fender rolling tool pretty soon as well to get that out of the way.

I also added a "Want" to the list.. MWC rear/front bumper supports, nice weight savings and are under 300$ shipped.

NVUSZ28
07-01-2012, 03:33 PM
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg259/xhk651/2012-06-20212422.jpg
(

I'm really interested in how the end result of this looks like. I'm thinking about doing it myself.

lemons12
07-03-2012, 03:11 AM
I'm really interested in how the end result of this looks like. I'm thinking about doing it myself.

What stage are you wanting to see mainly?

The final product should look exactly like an M6 setup.. I will be using an M6 console with shift boot/etc.

I'm not sure if I want to put the shortened shifter/ball in there before I have all the parts for it... I'm waiting to come across a good deal on an M6 console, everyone asks dumb prices for them.
I could throw something together though if you wanted to see it a certain way.

NVUSZ28
07-03-2012, 01:44 PM
What stage are you wanting to see mainly?

The final product should look exactly like an M6 setup.. I will be using an M6 console with shift boot/etc.

I'm not sure if I want to put the shortened shifter/ball in there before I have all the parts for it... I'm waiting to come across a good deal on an M6 console, everyone asks dumb prices for them.
I could throw something together though if you wanted to see it a certain way.

With a boot/console & no console.

I know you've probably have, but have you tried http://www.hawksthirdgenparts.com/ for the console?

NVUSZ28
07-09-2012, 08:37 AM
Lemons: Check it out...

http://www.hawksthirdgenparts.com/products/97%252d02-Camaro%7B47%7DFirebird-00%252d02-Ebony-6-Speed-Upper-Console.html

lemons12
07-09-2012, 02:50 PM
With a boot/console & no console.

I know you've probably have, but have you tried http://www.hawksthirdgenparts.com/ for the console?
You want a pic of it without the console at all?

I can arrange anything you would like once I get everything I need for the swap, I don't mind setting it up a few different ways.. I'm sure others would appreciate it as well.
Lemons: Check it out...

http://www.hawksthirdgenparts.com/products/97%252d02-Camaro%7B47%7DFirebird-00%252d02-Ebony-6-Speed-Upper-Console.html

That actually isn't a bad price at all.. I see used ones going for more than that. I would need a few small parts but nothing I couldn't come across. Thanks for that link!!

lemons12
07-09-2012, 02:57 PM
UPDATES:

Got the X pipe/mufflers/tubing in the other day.. I need to get it welded and then sand/paint it to get it looking good again before it goes on the car.

Just got off the phone with Kyle @ TMS and finished up the payments for the motor and everything else I purchased from him. He is going to snap me a pic before they ship it today/tomorrow so I will post it up... I'm hoping to see it before the weekend!

To buy:
Headers
Fluids

Buddy is finishing up getting his setup together.. D1/346/cam/etc.. As soon as we are done with it we're going to start mine.

lemons12
07-09-2012, 04:08 PM
Here she is:

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg259/xhk651/IMAG0592.jpg

geoffreymexico
07-09-2012, 04:22 PM
^^^Me gusta :)

How much longer til Justin's is up and going???

lemons12
07-09-2012, 04:40 PM
^^^Me gusta :)

How much longer til Justin's is up and going???

Thanks! :cheers: going to celebrate tonight! :chug:

Exhaust went on today...

End of next week we should have a rolling video of it.

Fbodyjunkie06
07-09-2012, 08:39 PM
Motor looks bad ass Evan.

With me helping with the nitrous tuning and suspension tuning I don't think these other guys in here talking will stand a chance:)

TransAmcoupe98
07-09-2012, 09:30 PM

With me helping with the nitrous tuning and suspension tuning I don't think these other guys in here talking will stand a chance:)

Are you going to be tuning it fbodyjunkie?

Mike Morris
07-09-2012, 10:06 PM
Looks great!

Fbodyjunkie06
07-10-2012, 12:36 AM
Are you going to be tuning it fbodyjunkie?

Not all of it, but I will be helping.

Just some friendly banter:chug:

geoffreymexico
07-10-2012, 01:34 AM

Exhaust went on today...

Where is his build thread???

He needs to take after you and caleb. Stalking from the other side of the planet is much easier, when the stalked organize their progress into build threads lol

TransAmcoupe98
07-10-2012, 01:57 AM
Where is his build thread???

He needs to take after you and caleb. Stalking from the other side of the planet is much easier, when the stalked organize their progress into build threads lol

Here ya go Casey, Justin's build thread is pretty nice. http://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-induction/1559586-ls1freakk33-346-d1.html

geoffreymexico
07-10-2012, 05:45 AM
Thanks bro

TransAmcoupe98
07-10-2012, 05:48 AM
Not all of it, but I will be helping.

Just some friendly banter:chug:

What part of the tuning specifically? Depending how good mine goes, might need some of your expertise.

ls1freak33
07-10-2012, 10:12 AM

Exhaust went on today...

yep....maybe this week if everything goes good.

and i think we need to put the pedal to the floor on yours as well.....:judge:

lemons12
07-10-2012, 03:24 PM

Thanks my man! Kyle said it looks even better in person which I don't doubt a bit!
I think it will be a bit more of a contender than most are hopping for! Attention to detail goes a long way.
What part of the tuning specifically? Depending how good mine goes, might need some of your expertise.
I'm going to get Gomer to tune the car once I actually get it up and running.
Martin is going to help me put some final touches on it to really get everything nailed down just perfect on it.
yep....maybe this week if everything goes good.
and i think we need to put the pedal to the floor on yours as well.....:judge:
Yes we do!!!

thedudeZ
07-10-2012, 07:44 PM
When is this bad mamer jammer going to be beating the pavement?

lemons12
07-10-2012, 10:49 PM
When is this bad mamer jammer going to be beating the pavement?

Shooting for mid-end August.. That is up and running tuned with 95% of the bugs worked out. It might be sooner but I'm trying to be realistic... Something always pops up.

Fbodyjunkie06
07-11-2012, 12:25 AM

Just the nitrous side of things like plug reading and what should be done to the tune after looking the log(if there is one I forget sometimes) and plugs and go from there. He has my cell phone number and knows how to get a hold of me when he is at the track so he can keep me up to date.

Once he gets some baseline runs in and takes video of it I can help him get the suspension dialed in and launch right so it runs as good as it can in the front half of the track.

Just get my number from Evan or shoot me a PM.

lemons12
07-12-2012, 02:21 AM
Well we got Justin's (ls1freak33) car actually started tonight.. Few issues but we should have those squared away so we can get mine done this upcoming week/next week... Or at least ready to go in and finish up.

I still have to get the money up for the headers, I've been a little tighter than I like on money the last week or two so I haven't made that purchase just yet. Hopefully have them ordered the week after next.

Everything that matters is new on my setup basically except for the heads/intake... So I'm hoping I don't run into any issues because a part was defective.

my_99Z
07-12-2012, 03:18 AM
[QUOTE=lemons12;16402771]Not good at "build threads" but I'll see what I can do.

346 setup... 226/228 cam 317s kooks 13/4 ls6 intake etc...

What lsa were running with that cam? It sounds mean

lemons12
07-12-2012, 03:27 AM
[QUOTE=lemons12;16402771]Not good at "build threads" but I'll see what I can do.

346 setup... 226/228 cam 317s kooks 13/4 ls6 intake etc...

What lsa were running with that cam? It sounds mean

226/228 .588 .588 114.. Iirc the idle was around 700 so that helped.

Thanks man, the new cam should sound considerably larger... I miss my ms4 cars lope!!

lemons12
07-12-2012, 04:18 PM
Got a call from Fed Ex today.. Motor and everything will be arriving tomorrow.

Also bought the injector adapters to run the Ls3 injectors.

Ego Killer
07-12-2012, 08:39 PM
Also bought the injector adapters to run the Ls3 injectors.

might want to further your search, my deal hit a snag

lemons12
07-13-2012, 01:26 AM
might want to further your search, my deal hit a snag

Ok, well maybe I didn't buy the injector adapters.

I'll be over that way little after lunch if I am able to get them still, I'll give the money to Chris if he has them.

lemons12
07-18-2012, 01:35 AM
Everything ordered from TMS is in... The only thing I have left to buy/receive major are the headers.

Other than just a few small things here and there.

lemons12
07-18-2012, 02:01 AM
Few pics:

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg259/xhk651/SAM_0189.jpg
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg259/xhk651/SAM_0190.jpg
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg259/xhk651/SAM_0192.jpg
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg259/xhk651/SAM_0198.jpg
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg259/xhk651/SAM_0199.jpg
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg259/xhk651/SAM_0200.jpg

TransAmcoupe98
07-18-2012, 02:09 AM
Fuck yea

thompson
07-18-2012, 11:42 AM
It is looking great. Let us know if you need anything else with the build.
Thank you,
Kyle

mjs1012
07-27-2012, 10:47 AM
Any updates????

TransAmcoupe98
07-27-2012, 11:05 AM
Any updates????

He's been a bowl full of pussy whip! I haven't heard from him and he's neglected the ride!!! Hate hate hate hate....hate hate....hate hate hate hate

speedtigger
07-27-2012, 12:56 PM
Few pics:
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg259/xhk651/SAM_0192.jpg

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg259/xhk651/SAM_0199.jpg

This car is going to thump!

lemons12
07-28-2012, 01:44 PM
It is looking great. Let us know if you need anything else with the build.
Thank you,
Kyle
No doubt, you guys get the phone call every time. Thanks again for everything Kyle.

I will shoot you those pics of the two rockers in the next day or two.
Any updates????
Money is tighter than I would like to drop 500$ on the headers right now so I'm at a stand still. I could get them I'd just be strapped. Had some things come up that needed attention money wise.

I should have some pics this week though.
He's been a bowl full of pussy whip! I haven't heard from him and he's neglected the ride!!! Hate hate hate hate....hate hate....hate hate hate hate
Ha... Almost got caught, backing off that shit.. I got to get you some updates on that bro (Their all roller coasters).. Been working so much... Of course Oasis and now detailing cars (nice little gig really).
This car is going to thump!
Thanks man!

lemons12
08-07-2012, 10:45 PM
Got buddies 370/D1 build finished up for the most part tonight, everything is good with it.

Ordering headers next week for mine... Will post pictures of progress shortly. I'm shooting for being completed within the next 2 weeks (engine bay painted/everything detailed 100%/tires on/etc driving down the road).

lemons12
08-10-2012, 04:22 PM
Everything will be purchased by the end of next week. It will be running within two weeks.

geoffreymexico
08-10-2012, 05:33 PM
Everything will be purchased by the end of next week. It will be running within two weeks.

That's what I like to hear. That and the sound of LS engines, especially those with with a little whine to them. And don't forget tigers, they sound pretty badass too.

Jay-P
08-15-2012, 09:12 PM
Took a break from tech, nice to see a build thread from you, will read fully when i get more time. :cool:

lemons12
08-15-2012, 11:29 PM
That's what I like to hear. That and the sound of LS engines, especially those with with a little whine to them. And don't forget tigers, they sound pretty badass too.
I like the ones that whine as well......... After I let them see my tails...
o0o0o0oo BURN!
Took a break from tech, nice to see a build thread from you, will read fully when i get more time. :cool:
Good to see you back man, been a while!

I tinkered a little bit tonight.. Going to do a tad more tomorrow. Everyone has been a bit busy this week so I haven't got a helping hand. About to come together pretty quick though.

I'm jumping on FTP 98mm lid group purchase... 20$ cheaper than usual with free shipping. Pretty sure I'm going to land on an SD tune. If I need to I'll swap to a 85mm maf later.

89ROC-Z
08-15-2012, 11:49 PM
What pistons are those?? Domed?

lemons12
08-16-2012, 12:13 AM
What pistons are those?? Domed?

Wiseco +12... They look even better in person, very aggressive looking.

lemons12
08-16-2012, 12:15 AM
I took a short cut to get everything finished up a little quicker.. I ended up picking up a set of used Hooker 1 3/4 headers for extremely cheap. This will ensure I have everything done by the time I want it.

In 2 months or so I will purchase the TSP 1 7/8s to take place of the Hookers.

geoffreymexico
08-16-2012, 12:24 AM
Timeline???????

lemons12
08-16-2012, 12:44 AM
Timeline???????

2 weeks... 3 max, considering I run into an issue or two.

mjs1012
08-16-2012, 09:18 AM
lookin good man. maybe i missed it but what converter you gunna be running?

geoffreymexico
08-16-2012, 10:12 AM
2 weeks... 3 max, considering I run into an issue or two.

Cutting it close, but you should still be good before I get back.

You gonna have your spray ready or is that a later project???

TransAmcoupe98
08-16-2012, 10:47 AM

IIRC Evan is running a PTC 4000

lemons12
08-16-2012, 12:38 PM

Cutting it close, but you should still be good before I get back.

You gonna have your spray ready or is that a later project???
I have what i need now to hit it with a 100 hit. I will have it ready for a 200 within a month or so of having it running. I've been making some offers on things but nobody is willing to split their kits right now. Trying to get a 90mm plate mostly..

IIRC Evan is running a PTC 4000

Correct.. It flashed pretty spot on to 4000 before. With the added weight and power though it is probably going to be a few higher, which is fine with me.

PTC is the converter to run.

lemons12
08-22-2012, 02:49 AM
pretty sure i bought i 85mm nmaf and a 98 mm lid and they shipped it today

i have two engine hoists in the garage... NS justin just shot gunned a ber using only his thumb to open it.. im chuing wine

geoffreymexico
08-22-2012, 07:57 AM
It was a pleasure talking to you last night as always lol

And there is a video of your car running on alcohol. Will you please please please post this ;)

TransAmcoupe98
08-22-2012, 08:02 AM
pretty sure i bought i 85mm nmaf and a 98 mm lid and they shipped it today

i have two engine hoists in the garage... NS justin just shot gunned a ber using only his thumb to open it.. im chuing wine

Yep...

ls1freak33
08-22-2012, 04:09 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

................because............racecar........ ...........

BSmiff
09-15-2012, 06:53 PM
Any updates in here broski? Looking forward to seeing some track times out of this mofo.

lemons12
09-15-2012, 10:08 PM
Yea, just been neglecting the thread.

Not sure what all I updated on but...
Purchased:
98mm lid- group buy
85mm MAF
injector adapters
headers
automatic bottle heater/bracket tunnel mount

When we pulled the motor I came across a crack in the flex plate so I am going to order a new flex plate tomorrow. I'm torn between the Hughes and the TCI, SDPC has the TCI for 215$ and at LSfest he said he would give me free shipping so I'm thinking I will go that route.

I need to make the adapter for the 85MAF and figure out something for the throttle cable bracket because I'm not paying 75$ for one.

I would have been able to get pretty much done last weekend less the flex plate/installing the motor but I went to the Fest (which I don't regret AT ALL!!!!).
I have the supplies to paint the engine bay, I will probably end up fiddling with that just a bit tomorrow. This week the new short block will be assembled and get ready to put back in. I'm hoping the flex plate will be here before the weekend and I will tighten it up and install it the day it comes in.

I have everything I need for the nitrous except a window switch and fueling, I had a deal for a NOS mini progressive for a good price but nothing ever came of it.

senicalj4579
09-15-2012, 10:11 PM
Cant wait to see this thing come together man!

lemons12
09-27-2012, 03:14 AM
Well... I have a flex plate now. I need a few small pieces.

I lost my truck key to my Ranger I DD... My buddy let me drive his altima since I am too lazy to get a key cut... A few days after I was driving it, had problems and the battery is dead.
I got sick of bumming a ride 2-3 times for work.... So I'm going to pick this up tomorrow:
http://ls1tech.com/forums/vehicle-classifieds/1584371-2002-pontiac-firebird-ws6.html
Good excuse for a new car I suppose.

Nitrous kit is waiting to go on along with a set of lowering springs.. Got a lid I'm going to throw on. Other than that and a tune that is pretty much how it will stay until I need to get a clutch or other things.
Going to clean up the engine bay, hide some wires/etc... Full detail.
Will make for a nice DD.

I'm contemplating installing the 226/228 .588 114 cam that came out of my 346 build in it but I'm still up in the air on that.

I'm leaving Sunday to go to Tampa for a short vacation... Hopefully squeeze one more in around December. Will bury my nose in both of them when I get back.

Blown06
09-28-2012, 12:44 AM
You lost your key, so your just gonna go buy another car???

02 WS6 TA
09-28-2012, 05:34 AM
Heading your way Sunday, I may pop in to check on the progress. :)

Edit: Shit, I may pass you in the road. :jest:

lemons12
09-29-2012, 01:56 AM
You lost your key, so your just gonna go buy another car???
It is how we do shit around here! :pimp:
Heading your way Sunday, I may pop in to check on the progress. :)

Edit: Shit, I may pass you in the road. :jest:
You want to see a thousand car parts lying around a shop? :lol:

Nah, it isn't that bad. We're heading out early (before 5am or so) Sunday morning for a few days in Tampa. Where you headed to?

Throw us a bird if you see us... Yellow C5Z and black TBSS.

geoffreymexico
09-29-2012, 02:34 PM
It is how we do shit around here! :pimp:

True story...........

Loses key=buys new car

Check engine light comes on=buys forged 347

DD is slower than buddys DD=heads cam setup ASAP :)

Mike Morris
09-29-2012, 04:27 PM
Evan how long you in Tampa for?

lemons12
09-30-2012, 12:45 AM
True story...........

Loses key=buys new car

Check engine light comes on=buys forged 347

DD is slower than buddys DD=heads cam setup ASAP :)

Perfect..

Evan how long you in Tampa for?

Leaving early tomorrow morning and heading back to TN early Thursday morning.

We would have left this morning but I didn't find out until tonight I was going to get off work.

thedudeZ
09-30-2012, 05:03 PM
Hmmmmmm.... I want to see some parts bolted on or together.

lemons12
09-30-2012, 07:21 PM
I got pics just need them uploaded..

Stage 4 t56 and clutch package about to be ordered to handle my shifting and the power i want to make on the ws6. Third gear doesn't like me anymore. Ran a few cars last night. Car runs hard.

In Florida.. Drink a 1.75 for you guys. :lol:

thedudeZ
09-30-2012, 10:27 PM
What the shit? What about the other car?

lemons12
09-30-2012, 10:31 PM
The pewter car is still in the works.. Just got two now that need attention is all.

thedudeZ
09-30-2012, 10:54 PM
I want to see one moderately brisk automobile!

speedtigger
10-01-2012, 07:30 AM
More than one toy was always a mistake for me. I hope it works for you.

brians91formula
10-02-2012, 11:05 AM
So you haven't fired up the TMS 370 yet? I'm thinking of dropping my coin with them. Excellent prices.

Tainted
10-03-2012, 09:35 PM
+1 with results. Im seriously considering the 370 with ls3 top end myself but not many dyno results around. Does TMS do financing by chance??

flintwrench69
10-04-2012, 12:57 AM
I got pics just need them uploaded..

Stage 4 t56 and clutch package about to be ordered to handle my shifting and the power i want to make on the ws6. Third gear doesn't like me anymore. Ran a few cars last night. Car runs hard.

In Florida.. Drink a 1.75 for you guys. :lol:

You know you cant drive a stick :lol:

thedudeZ
10-24-2012, 06:46 AM
Bueller?

speedtigger
10-24-2012, 07:43 AM
He just needs to rekindle his motivation. Lemons, check out the nitrous timeslip in my signature from Sunday.:rock: That could be you!

lemons12
10-26-2012, 03:19 PM
More than one toy was always a mistake for me. I hope it works for you.
It has also been for me in the past (my old Ms4 car and I bought a 98 28 M6 to DD).. However... I went about it quite different this time so I'm hoping it ends up not being.
So you haven't fired up the TMS 370 yet? I'm thinking of dropping my coin with them. Excellent prices.
I have not.. Their prices/warranty are hard to beat, I couldn't find a sponsor close to them.
+1 with results. Im seriously considering the 370 with ls3 top end myself but not many dyno results around. Does TMS do financing by chance??
Actual financing... I'm not sure. I paid 1/2 my total down and he started work. Then 500$ down the following week and then another 500$ the next week and finished it up with 230$ then next week.
Not small payments but I told him I would have it paid for by the time the shortblock was ready to be shipped. I finished up payments I think the day after it was built.
You know you cant drive a stick :lol:
Unfortunately! LOL

I'm going to try to get i to the track soon to see what it does. I'm thinking mid 8s (street tires) at mid 80s... If I get some cool air, maybe some high 80s.
Bueller?
Present! :lol:
He just needs to rekindle his motivation. Lemons, check out the nitrous timeslip in my signature from Sunday.:rock: That could be you!
Nice man!

I got a few parts in..... For the blue Ws6. LOL

Window switch, nozzle, and jets.

I'm going to hook the nitrous up to it this weekend probably. If I'm fiddling with it, the pewter car will get tinkered with as well. I think I'm going to shoot for having the shortblock put together and drop it in this week. I wanted to do a few extra things but I'm getting to the point I just want to get it in and I'll pull it to do the extras later on.

thedudeZ
10-26-2012, 05:14 PM
We want results.

TransAmcoupe98
10-28-2012, 05:59 PM
How much power you looking to make on this Evan? Im gonna guess around 450 whp, thats what Ive been seeing on some other 370 motor builds using different heads though.

lemons12
10-28-2012, 08:56 PM
How much power you looking to make on this Evan? Im gonna guess around 450 whp, thats what Ive been seeing on some other 370 motor builds using different heads though.

I'm hoping to see 470Rwhp.. I would be happy with 450-460Rwhp though, anything under that and I will be disappointed.

After I port the heads/intake, EWP, etc... I would like to see 485-490Rwhp or so.

It is a stalled auto though, and you know about the dyno we use.
I'll be very happy with a 6.8 pass on motor with this initial setup before I make some tweaks/upgrade some mods/etc which I think is very doable.

TransAmcoupe98
10-28-2012, 09:05 PM
I'm hoping to see 470Rwhp.. I would be happy with 450-460Rwhp though, anything under that and I will be disappointed.

After I port the heads/intake, EWP, etc... I would like to see 485-490Rwhp or so.

It is a stalled auto though, and you know about the dyno we use.
I'll be very happy with a 6.8 pass on motor with this initial setup before I make some tweaks/upgrade some mods/etc which I think is very doable.

You sending heads to AI or someone we know? EWP are pretty pricey no?
Also is this going to be the pewter or blue car???? hahahaha ;)

lemons12
10-28-2012, 09:09 PM
You sending heads to AI or someone we know? EWP are pretty pricey no?
Also is this going to be the pewter or blue car???? hahahaha ;)

I haven't 100% decided on the port work... It will be someone with the best proven results at the time.

EWP can be had for around 400$ or so, not too bad and they look good.

PEWTER!!!! LOL :)

TransAmcoupe98
10-28-2012, 09:14 PM
I haven't 100% decided on the port work... It will be someone with the best proven results at the time.

EWP can be had for around 400$ or so, not too bad and they look good.

PEWTER!!!! LOL :)

Lol j/k...still going to spray or will that be a little down the line? If so how much and what setup?

lemons12
10-28-2012, 09:37 PM
Small shot (150 probably) plate kit for now.. once i get my fuel where it should be ill move to a direct port and spray what it was built to handle.

Its nice having two cars that are similar.. Especially cosmetically. The blue car will end up getting a lot of parts as i upgrade the pewter car.. Suspension, 370 but I'll tame it down a tad for a dd, etc..
Its hard deciding what i want to buy for which car though! Lol

Mike Morris
10-28-2012, 09:48 PM
AI for the heads. Very pleased with mine

Good luck with firing it up!!

Keep changing my mind on EWP...

TransAmcoupe98
10-28-2012, 09:49 PM
Small shot (150 probably) plate kit for now.. once i get my fuel where it should be ill move to a direct port and spray what it was built to handle.

Its nice having two cars that are similar.. Especially cosmetically. The blue car will end up getting a lot of parts as i upgrade the pewter car.. Suspension, 370 but I'll tame it down a tad for a dd, etc..
Its hard deciding what i want to buy for which car though! Lol

Id say on the 150 hit, running 10.1x @ 137...

lemons12
10-28-2012, 10:05 PM
Im sure that's what i will land on for the heads.. EWP isn't that expensive looks good and has proven gains, even if small. It isn't a top priority but it is on the list.

Once I get everything working on Nitrous id like to see bottom 6s on 200 or less. 5.xx on a 275-300 hit. For what Im planning on the setup consisting of that might be on the conservative side but i would be happy with that.

mjs1012
10-29-2012, 02:50 PM
So when we getting a start up vid?

Ego Killer
10-30-2012, 09:34 AM
Im sure that's what i will land on for the heads.. EWP isn't that expensive looks good and has proven gains, even if small. It isn't a top priority but it is on the list.

Once I get everything working on Nitrous id like to see bottom 6s on 200 or less. 5.xx on a 275-300 hit. For what Im planning on the setup consisting of that might be on the conservative side but i would be happy with that.

I was wondering is a crystal ball warm or cold when you have your hands on it?

thedudeZ
10-30-2012, 07:14 PM

Resubscribed for the answer.

TransAmcoupe98
10-30-2012, 10:02 PM
Oh shit...

lemons12
10-30-2012, 10:34 PM

Never needed a crystal ball in the past and never been wrong on my ET/mph/60' guesses. :D I'm all for some betting! It will run 6.8s on motor.

There is something wrong with the setup (suspension, converter, etc) if I can't get it into the 5s with this setup. It will be a while before I hit that I'm sure as I still have plenty of parts to buy to make it reliably run that, but the potential is there plus some.

I don't know about you buy I try not to put my hands on balls. :swing:

Sell me some of the parts off that race car and I'll get there that much quicker!! :judge:

thedudeZ
10-31-2012, 07:12 AM
I would think it would kinda be chilly when it is channeling visions?

Ego Killer
10-31-2012, 09:19 AM
Never needed a crystal ball in the past and never been wrong on my ET/mph/60' guesses. :D I'm all for some betting! It will run 6.8s on motor.

There is something wrong with the setup (suspension, converter, etc) if I can't get it into the 5s with this setup. It will be a while before I hit that I'm sure as I still have plenty of parts to buy to make it reliably run that, but the potential is there plus some.

I don't know about you buy I try not to put my hands on balls. :swing:

Sell me some of the parts off that race car and I'll get there that much quicker!! :judge:

Im glad your never wrong, you can just tell me what my "street car" will run and I can save a ton of time and money.

while your makeing predictions make one on when it will move on its own power. dont get your panties in a wod just get busy and get your junk running so I can show you some camaro tail lights

speedtigger
10-31-2012, 09:32 AM
Im glad your never wrong, you can just tell me what my "street car" will run and I can save a ton of time and money.

while your makeing predictions make one on when it will move on its own power. dont get your panties in a wod just get busy and get your junk running so I can show you some camaro tail lights

:corn:

lemons12
10-31-2012, 01:48 PM

Haven't paid enough attention to setups similar to yours so I couldn't make an educated guess... Too many variables with drag cars! :chug:

I'll drive my car all the way down to Huntsville just to see some Camaro tails any day! :D

Going to get the engine stand tomorrow so I can get everything assembled this weekend.

Ego Killer
10-31-2012, 03:00 PM
Haven't paid enough attention to setups similar to yours so I couldn't make an educated guess... Too many variables with drag cars! :chug:

I'll drive my car all the way down to Huntsville just to see some Camaro tails any day! :D

Going to get the engine stand tomorrow so I can get everything assembled this weekend.

Im gonna drive my Street car up on a trailor and pull it to Huntsville, once you start going fast you will do the same, take it from me waiting on someone to go drop their car off and coming back to get you after you broke something SUCKS!

you need to hurry up and get it going I know a red Camaro that has you in his cross hairs also, he's ready for a rematch

lemons12
11-05-2012, 04:39 AM
Im gonna drive my Street car up on a trailor and pull it to Huntsville, once you start going fast you will do the same, take it from me waiting on someone to go drop their car off and coming back to get you after you broke something SUCKS!

you need to hurry up and get it going I know a red Camaro that has you in his cross hairs also, he's ready for a rematch

My piles will be drove to the track even running 8s! I like my street cars too much.. Been half way down the no power steering/AC/rear seats/radio/etc etc and it isn't any fun for me, I don't enjoy it as much. Extra challenge doing what others are doing weighing in at 3500#s.

Keep on keep'n on Wesley! :lol:

Got a few wrenches turned this weekend. Have quite a bit planned for this week. Should have the motor in by Thursday.

thedudeZ
11-05-2012, 10:37 AM
You aren't going to have the same street car attitude with that ten bolt and those 4l60es. Wonder what the shelf life of one is? Let us know!

I'm waiting!!!!!!!!!!!!

lemons12
11-05-2012, 02:03 PM
You aren't going to have the same street car attitude with that ten bolt and those 4l60es. Wonder what the shelf life of one is? Let us know!

I'm waiting!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eh, we will see.. I have seen the ten bolt last with several mid 1.4X short times and mine is still holding strong with plenty of 1.50-1.53 short times. I'm planning on 1.46-1.47 short times, if I get 15 passes from the ten bolt with that 60' I'll be happy.
The 4l60 is on borrowed time but is built. It isn't going to like the nitrous a whole bunch but as long as I keep it nice and cool it should last a good while on motor, I'm not making that much power. 4l80 is in the future probably... I have considered an A3 now since I have the blue car but I haven't decided. It kind of depends on funds when the time comes.

Shelf life? Well, its been sitting for 2 years and hasn't blown up! :D

thedudeZ
11-05-2012, 06:11 PM
Can we get updated parts and car progress pics?

Ego Killer
11-05-2012, 07:52 PM
Can we get updated parts and car progress pics?

I went behind enemy lines and broke into Evan place and got 2 pics of his car and his main mod that will be on the car for now on

TransAmcoupe98
11-05-2012, 07:53 PM
I went behind enemy lines and broke into Evan place and got 2 pics of his car and his main mod that will be on the car for now on

Im sorry but I lol'd a little bit

thedudeZ
11-05-2012, 08:02 PM

Excellent recon work.

The truth finally comes out.

Ego Killer
11-05-2012, 09:09 PM
I almost forgot, I also snuck in and got a pic of his massive tool collection

exodus_gs1
11-07-2012, 09:16 PM
@ego killer: lmao thats wrong.

But the car seems like its gunna be a beast. I plan on doing the samething when I pay mine off. I wanna get another T/A for a dd make my Camaro the "race car" and sell my bronco for a Silverado.

But anyways looks good lemons can't wait to see a video of it all together

thedudeZ
11-18-2012, 07:54 PM
Bump we need advice in this build thread!!!!

thedudeZ
12-07-2012, 08:52 AM
Race car? I have two full weight street cars.. Unless skinnies make it a race car, then I'm guilty. I don't have to strip a car to make it run a respectable ET.
You boys are the ones that like your race cars.

FWIW... My hands are dirty right now... Motor is on the stand being assembled, should have everything ready to drop in on Monday at the latest.

I'm having more fun in this bone stock 02 than I ever did in any of my H/C setups.

Where you at Bueller?

speedtigger
12-07-2012, 09:00 AM
Where you at Bueller?

X2! We have expectations here.

GarrettM
12-09-2012, 03:04 AM
We need more pics!

lemons12
12-09-2012, 05:46 AM
I lost all of my motivation for this thread when the bull Shit started, when i left this tread it overflowed to others.

I will post pics and videos when it is complete for people that have a genuine interest for the build.

thedudeZ
12-09-2012, 05:16 PM
We take this as a "no" to an automobile race.

Shame on us for trying to stir up some racing.

lemons12
12-09-2012, 08:16 PM
I've raced more in the past two weeks than you have this year. get bent. Im drunk and not dealing with the smart ass remarks

thedudeZ
12-09-2012, 08:36 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLLazqRk0ac&feature=youtube_gdata_player

You have, at a much, much, much slower pace.

Ego Killer
12-09-2012, 09:33 PM
Lets get this party started!!! theirs nothing like a good fist fight after a street race, reminds me of the good old days.

lemons12
12-09-2012, 09:56 PM
Cool video ass hole.. You have my number but i suggest this stay car related. You wouldn't like the ending to the other.
Im done with this until the car is done. Again, you have my number, Im not hard to get ahold of and you visit winchester enough. Pokes and jabs are fun and all but it has went beyond that and you both know it.

I have zero issues with a good fist fight before or after a street race. I could care less if the racing happens at this point, Im sick of the fucking mouths.

thedudeZ
12-09-2012, 10:11 PM
I'm not doing anything but trying to stir up a race. I did get a similar reaction from nunley on his callout thread. Ask him how the battle went!

I don't care about calling you if you aren't going to bring a car to race.

lemons12
12-09-2012, 10:25 PM
It has went beyond trying to stir up a race. We all know each other and can get runs in anytime we want.
The thread with Chris was all laughs.. I wouldnt have a problem with stuff like that at all.

I have a blue car running and a pewter car in the works.. If you don't want some of the blue car its just trash talking and we can put an end to it anytime, Im easy to get ahold of.

I wouldn't be interested in talking to me either now that it has went this far. Im done with it unless something further is going to happen. Im sick of the bull Shit.
Chris is the only one that hasn't went beyond fun pokes and jabs.

thedudeZ
12-09-2012, 10:35 PM
Call me when you want a race.
It never went further than friendly pokes and jabs from us trying to spark you with motivation to finish the quicker car. My bad we will leave you alone to not finish it

You are the only one trying to fight. Save it for someone else.

lemons12
12-09-2012, 11:15 PM
Bull Shit... Ill save it for whoever i see fit. Im not trying to fight, if i was id be on my way. Im done with it.

lemons12
12-09-2012, 11:25 PM
Its absolutely pitiful that it had to go this far, there was no reason for it.. Unless ego, jealousy, ignorance, etc got in the way. It ruined friendships.. Pathetic.

Im proud of what I've done, nothing will change that.

lemons12
01-13-2013, 11:38 PM
Car will be started this weekend:

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg259/xhk651/2012-08-25172905.jpg
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg259/xhk651/2012-08-25172848.jpg
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg259/xhk651/2012-08-25155728.jpg
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg259/xhk651/2012-08-25155751.jpg
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg259/xhk651/2012-08-25134024.jpg
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg259/xhk651/2012-08-25134033.jpg
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg259/xhk651/2012-08-25165710.jpg
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg259/xhk651/2013-01-13164329-1.jpg
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg259/xhk651/2013-01-13164516-1.jpg
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg259/xhk651/2013-01-13164537-1.jpg
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg259/xhk651/2013-01-13172731-1.jpg
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg259/xhk651/2013-01-13173034-1.jpg
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg259/xhk651/2013-01-13173354-1.jpg
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg259/xhk651/2013-01-13182111-1.jpg
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg259/xhk651/2013-01-13194706-1.jpg
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg259/xhk651/2013-01-13194735-1.jpg
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg259/xhk651/2013-01-13194753-1.jpg

lemons12
01-13-2013, 11:46 PM
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg259/xhk651/2012-12-01151053.jpg

DD update:

New headunit-amp-sub-steal box-door speakers... Audio sounds amazing now! Did a few small touches with the aux wire and charger to keep things clean.
Added interior LEDs
poly trans mount

Waiting to come in to install: metal shift boot retaining clip

Upcoming very soon: Fog HIDs, heated seats, new TCS bezel, heater hose mod rear, cutout

I have an 85mm MAF that will go on when I put the headers and FM merge on that I have.. Just waiting to do both tunes at once for them.

02 WS6 TA
01-14-2013, 08:15 PM
I got nothing to add, other than I'm in Gatlinburg. Come over and drink a beer with me!

JustAFooL
01-14-2013, 09:07 PM
I got nothing to add, other than I'm in Gatlinburg. Come over and drink a beer with me!

I'm just north of Knoxville, always looking for someone to drink one with.. :D

On side note, I look forward to hearing this car start! I just read from page 2 where it said it would be started by mid August, anticipation ifs killing me now! Good job with your build though lemons. Nothing wrong with taking your time or even starting another project. But, it's time to get that damn thing started.. :devil:

02 WS6 TA
01-15-2013, 06:56 AM
I'm down with that. :D In fact, heading over to Knoxville today to let the wife get her shop on- Where's a good place to grab a cold one or five?

JustAFooL
01-15-2013, 03:43 PM
I'm down with that. :D In fact, heading over to Knoxville today to let the wife get her shop on- Where's a good place to grab a cold one or five?

When I'm in Knoxville, I go to the Brewery or TinRoof if I'm just looking to have a few. Pretty good food too..

lemons12
01-16-2013, 01:47 PM
:lol: I wish I could man, we have been trying to plan a Gatlinburg trip but nobody can get free at the same time.

I just got back in town but if I had an extra day or two, I'd be on my way! Drink an extra one... Or five.... For me! :cheers:
On side note, I look forward to hearing this car start! I just read from page 2 where it said it would be started by mid August, anticipation ifs killing me now! Good job with your build though lemons. Nothing wrong with taking your time or even starting another project. But, it's time to get that damn thing started.. :devil:

I know man.. I have been slacking. Work was slow for a while and I was spending more than I should have on other activities, work has picked back up and I've calmed down a bit so the money is coming in steady again. I just didn't want to get in a bad spot because of toys.

I'm enjoying the blue car a lot as well! Nice to add weight (stereo, sound deadening, etc) and not care! :D

I did the shopping this for a few hours yesterday! Luckily she is a bargain shopper though, I got out good!

lemons12
01-16-2013, 01:52 PM
Bought a few more things...

Coated Pacesetters... These will be going on instead of the painted Hookers for now until I get my TSP 1 7/8.
Ls3 throttle cable adapter
Sand blasted valve covers.. I'm going to cut the mounting tabs off, fill them, then paint.. Should look good when I'm done with them.
Front timing cover, rear main, and oil pan gaskets... They probably would have been fine to reuse but in the big picture the 70$ I spent is worth peace of mind from leaks in the near future.
TCI Flex plate..

Still need to buy:
Intake manifold port gaskets, just looking for a deal to pop up.. Probably going to end up buying these new.
Fluids...

Other than that, I think I have everything to start the car.

I will need to roll the fenders and BFH the inner fender wells before I bolt the rims/tires up.

Buddy is bringing HpTuners over at the first of the week to change what we need to so I can start it and check everything over.

lemons12
01-17-2013, 03:04 AM
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg259/xhk651/2013-01-17015436.jpg
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg259/xhk651/2013-01-17004441.jpg
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg259/xhk651/2013-01-17004429.jpg

I'm trying to get a lot of the little things I wanted to do out of the way before the motor goes in this weekend.

Tonight I cleaned some misc. pieces and sprayed some, everything turned out really nice IMO. I used high temp paint on everything, hopefully it will hold up.

My TCS panel was broke in my blue car so I replaced it with an extra little "cubby hole" I had lying around.. I might run my AUX line and charger differently now. I originally had them coming up through the cup holder but I'm not sure if I'm sold on it just yet.

I'm hoping to have the front cover on the 370 tomorrow as well as the heads torqued down. After that all I have is the rear cover/etc, flex plate, and the accessories and it is ready to go in.

speedtigger
01-17-2013, 07:24 AM
Silver and black looks tough.

lemons12
01-17-2013, 10:54 AM
Silver and black looks tough.

I thought it would be a nice touch.

lemons12
01-18-2013, 04:07 PM
I bought a gaskets today..

Rear cover/rear main seal/timing front cover/TB gasket/intake manifold gaskets (8).

I ran into a delay but everything is back on track.

I should have everything bought I need by tomorrow.. Hopefully have it sitting in the car on Sunday.

The only thing holding me back right now is an underdrive pulley. If someone has one or knows of one let me know.. I'm looking for SLP/powerbond or an ATI, next to new condition (no rust/dings/etc).
I have a 226 cam or a set of heads I can do some trading with.

lemons12
01-18-2013, 04:08 PM
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg259/xhk651/2013-01-18155333.jpg

lemons12
01-18-2013, 04:10 PM
I thought about reusing some of my gaskets... But I would hate to have a leak and have to track it down and it get everything all messy in there, everything is tip top shape/spotless right now and I plan on keeping it that way. I have well over 150$ in gaskets/seals (I lost track after a while) but it is worth it!

speedtigger
01-18-2013, 06:06 PM
(I lost track after a while)

Losing track of what we spend on this stuff is a GOOD idea. :D

lemons12
01-21-2013, 01:37 AM
You're telling me!!! :lol:

I of course just saw a complete gasket set for sale in classifieds for 110$ too. :ripped:

lemons12
01-21-2013, 01:50 AM
I have the last few gaskets coming in today that I need to pick up. Waiting on my new valve covers as well. I can't remember what else I have ordered/bought but I'm sure there are a few things.

I just ordered a stainless bolt kit for headers/water pump/etc.

I pump the water pump on and set the intake/TB up just to make sure everything is lining up properly/etc... The blade on the TB is hitting the water pump. It isn't much but it will have to be clearanced.

I got the cam from my 346 sold a few minutes ago so I'm ordering my underdrive pulley tomorrow, hopefully have it here by the end of the week.

Tasks for tomorrow:
Clearance for TB
Put rear cover on as well as flex plate
I'd like to also get the springs installed.. I need to go grab the compressor from my buddy

Few more pics:
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg259/xhk651/2013-01-19142311-1.jpg
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg259/xhk651/2013-01-19142332-1.jpg
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg259/xhk651/2013-01-20204051.jpg
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg259/xhk651/2013-01-20212335.jpg
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg259/xhk651/2013-01-21003347.jpg
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg259/xhk651/2013-01-21004431.jpg
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg259/xhk651/2013-01-21004443.jpg
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg259/xhk651/2013-01-20202449.jpg
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg259/xhk651/2013-01-21004459.jpg
Spot TB is hitting waterpump
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg259/xhk651/2013-01-21005027.jpg
And my helped for the night.. I don't think she has nailed the mechanics attire down pat yet though.
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg259/xhk651/2013-01-20202721.jpg

lemons12
01-21-2013, 01:54 AM
Metal retainer clip for blue car came in..

I replaced the broken TCS panel with a "cubby hole" from a console I had lying around. I like it MUCH better. I have the SLP unit where it reverses the traction control to be OFF when I start the car so I don't need to have the button, it is just sitting tucked away in the dash now.

I'm about to order the cutout in the next few days for it and have that welded up next week.

lemons12
01-21-2013, 01:43 PM
Running to the parts store to grab intake/tb/etc gaskets..

Just ordered my Powerbond (SLP) pulley from Ws6store and got a killer deal on it! Anybody looking for a deal, get in touch with them... FWIW I got it brand new shipped for the same price most people ask for a used one! Very quick call and he took care of me quick and answered my questions! :cheers:
Thanks Mike!! You will be getting more business from me in the future!

Best part.. It will be here on Wednesday/Thursday at the latest! :D

lemons12
01-21-2013, 05:45 PM
Picked up the intake and TB gaskets today.. Bought some more bolts... I am replacing all the exterior bolts with these:
http://www.padlockoutlet.com/images/T/Metric%20Socket%20Head%20Cap%20Screw%20Alloy.jpg

I did buy a stainless bolt kit (same head design) for the headers/water pump and a few other things. Right now besides that kit the only bolts not replaced are the intake manifold bolts. I think it really makes the motor look a lot nicer.

I found a killer deal on an ls3 map sensor just waiting for the guy to get back with me and I will buy it.

Later this week I'm going to order my new knock sensors and harness from Ebay.

Other than that, I think that is pretty much it.. I'll go in the next day or so and get all my fluids and spark plugs.

I'm running a few days behind what I want to be but I would rather do it once and do it right then skip stuff. I will appreciate it a lot more once it is completed this way then if I just slapped everything together like most do.
Everything inside the motor was thoroughly cleaned 100% and looked near brand new.

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg259/xhk651/2013-01-21151449.jpg

lemons12
01-21-2013, 05:47 PM
If anybody can think of anything else I might be forgetting, let me know! I'm racking my brain trying to think of everything I need but I'm starting to make my head spin! LOL

Almost forgot.. I also ordered the valve cover plug for the ls1-ls6 valley cover swap.

Ego Killer
01-21-2013, 10:59 PM
whos the hot chick with a hand full of nuts?

lemons12
01-21-2013, 11:06 PM
whos the hot chick with a hand full of nuts?

I turned the computer and she said, "Really!?! Are you fucking kidding me? What are you gonna say to that? He just made me sound like a whore".

She said to tell you, "Actually, they are bolts.".

Call me if you have a minute.

Ego Killer
01-21-2013, 11:12 PM
I turned the computer and she said, "Really!?! Are you fucking kidding me? What are you gonna say to that? He just made me sound like a whore".

She said to tell you, "Actually, they are bolts.".

Call me if you have a minute.

I was gonna say screwing by that motor but I figured that might be a little much lol

lemons12
01-21-2013, 11:29 PM
I was gonna say screwing by that motor but I figured that might be a little much lol

:lol: And then you said it anyway. LOL

lemons12
01-22-2013, 05:16 PM
AHH! This is killing me! :lol: Pushed back a few more days. :bang:

Just got off the phone with TSP and ordered my new seats/valves, they will be here on Monday. Jason took care of me great though and answered a few questions. This may run even a little bit better than I was expecting it to. :pimp:
I'm extremely happy with my piston selection!!

I went over to Ego Killers house last night and pretty sure I successfully scammed him into selling me his transmission/shifter/etc.. I will be selling my built 4l60e and PTC converter and switching to that transmission setup. I will most likely sell the converter he has though and order a custom built PTC unit, that is still up in the air though... It depends on what I get out of my 4l60e setup.

I have to find some stuff to do now until Monday gets here and I can put my springs in.

Right now I'm thinking:
Clearance water pump
cut tabs off valve covers + fill holes + paint
Roll fenders
Install new wheel studs on front/rear
Finish up the ls1-ls6 valve cover swap
Polish rims because they have been sitting/new bolts to hold center caps on/air them up/install
Figure out a way to mount my ls1 MAP in the l76 intake... I think I'm going to use the way me and EgoKiller mounted my other one in my old FAST 102, seems like the best bet.

I might try to find a few more things to tinker with.

How close yet so far away is killing me! It ends up being, once I get this I should be good... Then 2 more things pop up.
I'm getting extremely close though. I have been racking my brain thinking of anything else I have to have and I can't think of anything. I'm hoping once my TSP order comes in I will have those installed and the motor 100% buttoned up and ready to put in and test fire on Tuesday/Wednesday. Fingers crossed!

02 WS6 TA
01-23-2013, 06:14 AM
See, I told ya you should have come and drink a few cold ones with me- The weather was so beautiful Thursday afternoon, too! :D
http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m297/02ws6ta/Gatlinburg%20Jan%202013/DSC00225.jpg

lemons12
01-24-2013, 04:14 PM
Looks like you meant REAL cold ones! :lol: We haven't seen that yet thankfully! It has been cold though!!!

UPDATES:
Went ahead and grabbed my spark plugs/oil.. Going tomorrow to get my stock paper air filter and my antifeeze. Also picked up my valve cover plug for my ls1-ls6 valley cover swap.

Some more parts came in..

Ls3 throttle cable adapter
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg259/xhk651/2013-01-23213720.jpg
Valve covers.. I can't decide if I want to leave these like this or if I want to cut the mounting tabs off, smooth them, then paint them. I'm probably buying a valve cover spacer as well. I'm hoping that will make them clear, the spacer is 1/2".
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg259/xhk651/2013-01-23213641.jpg
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg259/xhk651/2013-01-23213653.jpg
TCI flexplate
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg259/xhk651/2013-01-23213704.jpg
Does "racing oil" make it a "race car" or can I still be a street car? :jest:
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg259/xhk651/2013-01-24155821.jpg

02 WS6 TA
01-24-2013, 06:09 PM
You silly bastard, buy some fab'd tall covers. :) And don't make me drive 700 miles again with no drinking buddies. ;)

lemons12
01-25-2013, 09:13 PM
You silly bastard, buy some fab'd tall covers. :) And don't make me drive 700 miles again with no drinking buddies. ;)
I know, I know.. I'm just so sick of spending money!

I honestly don't have the money for some right now but they are in the plans. I know I'm not spending some 400+$ on them. I'd like to find a good condition used set for 200$ or less! :nod:

Pulley came in today:
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg259/xhk651/2013-01-25210617.jpg
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg259/xhk651/2013-01-25210726.jpg

LS1Adam84
01-26-2013, 04:55 PM
Wow Lemons, I actually did read through almost the whole thread to see this.

I like the loss of keys=new car, that is the way to do it lol.

I think I am about 2 years behind ya for when I can complete my 408 build, but first I need to get my new to me t56 built, then a fab 9" some suspension, then hone my welding skills to modify LS3 camaro exhaust manifolds for twin t66 turbos just to mount to the 408 lol.

Plus redo our kitchen/masterbath/windows and doors/and paint the house.

I can't wait to see how this turns out maybe next year the wife and I will make it all the way out there to Tennessee and I expect to see your beast hauling down the track.

lemons12
01-26-2013, 05:19 PM
Wow Lemons, I actually did read through almost the whole thread to see this.

I like the loss of keys=new car, that is the way to do it lol.

I think I am about 2 years behind ya for when I can complete my 408 build, but first I need to get my new to me t56 built, then a fab 9" some suspension, then hone my welding skills to modify LS3 camaro exhaust manifolds for twin t66 turbos just to mount to the 408 lol.

Plus redo our kitchen/masterbath/windows and doors/and paint the house.

I can't wait to see how this turns out maybe next year the wife and I will make it all the way out there to Tennessee and I expect to see your beast hauling down the track.

Yea, wish these updates were around page 3! :ripped:

I figured it was time to upgrade when I couldn't find the key, just how we do it 'round these parts. :pimp:

I would have went rear end, then trans, then motor... But I spun that bearing so I figured might as well get this is there for now. Sooner or later I will move to a large cubic inch motor... Hopefully this one will last me until then. I plan on having the suspension, trans, rear, and fuel sorted out before then. That way I can build a nasty nasty nitrous short block and swap it in and reap all the benefits immediately. This 370 will handle me for a couple years though.

If you're ever this way, hit me up.
I will definitely have this at LSFest this year as well as my blue car.. I'm hoping to do some autox with the blue car, if I get the trans fixed in time.
I'm not sure what category I will enter the Pewter car in or what configuration it will attend with but it WILL be there! It is one of my goals with it.

lemons12
01-26-2013, 08:16 PM
F^ck it.. Its just money, right?

I have committed to an electric waterpump HD version in black... Got it for an extremely good price and is practically brand new. I will have to get the heater line fittings as well as the '88 Corvette lower hose to complete the install.

I also am getting a killer deal on a brand new K member from a sponsor, I will update with info after it comes in though... I don't want to miss my deal! :chug:

It is just delaying all this BS that much longer... But those are two pieces I wanted, especially the Kmember. They were cheap enough, I couldn't pass them up.

I'm pretty sure me and Ego Killer got the deal worked out for his transmission setup as well.

studderin
01-26-2013, 08:30 PM
FYI, thouse black oxide socket head cap screw bolts, dont have a very anti rust finsh. Onc you wipe the oil off them, just humidty on them will cause rust.

JRracing
01-26-2013, 10:10 PM
It looks great man. I miss my F body.

Good luck on the new setup.

mjs1012
01-27-2013, 12:16 PM
Maybe I missed it somewhere but are you keeping your ac in the car? Any weight reduction?

lemons12
01-27-2013, 02:51 PM
FYI, thouse black oxide socket head cap screw bolts, dont have a very anti rust finsh. Onc you wipe the oil off them, just humidty on them will cause rust.
I was kind of worried about that.. I have a full set of stainless steel that I'm going to swap in tomorrow. There will still be some of the black oxide bolts, I'll see how long they last. If they end up rusting I'll just buy more SS bolts.

Thanks for the heads up though! :cheers:
It looks great man. I miss my F body.

Good luck on the new setup.

I don't think I could go without having an fbody. I have two and my GF has one, I think we're stocked up pretty well right now. :lol:

Maybe I missed it somewhere but are you keeping your ac in the car? Any weight reduction?

Yes sir, I will not remove the heat or the ac... That isn't even a consideration. I don't see any reason why it ever needs to come out. I can only enjoy a street car if it has both.

There isn't anything coming off for the sake of weight reduction, parts are being replaced though.

I will replace the front bumper support, going with the K member, suspension, etc etc... It is staying 100% full interior. Walking around the car and looking it over I want it to look as if I haven't removed a single bit of weight, which I really haven't I'm just replacing things.

It will definitely cost more money this way and will be harder to hit my goals but it will be that much more impressive IMO. Driving to the track in a full weight car and running 5.XX @ 11Xmph is a pretty large goal of mine.

studderin
01-27-2013, 06:49 PM
ya there work fine, not gonna rust out, or strip or anything. Just I saw your basting parts and making everything look so freash, There going to ruin that after the 1st month, as a heads up. I keep them for buttom head on the valley under the fast ect. were you can't see them. (your gona need the run them for room there over what you have in the pics)

lemons12
01-27-2013, 08:39 PM
ya there work fine, not gonna rust out, or strip or anything. Just I saw your basting parts and making everything look so freash, There going to ruin that after the 1st month, as a heads up. I keep them for buttom head on the valley under the fast ect. were you can't see them. (your gona need the run them for room there over what you have in the pics)

Yea, I'm trying to get it as clean as possible in there... I hate having dirty stuff!

I'm going to swap all the bolts for SS as well with your bit of advice as well.

What did this mean?
your gona need the run them for room there over what you have in the pics

Also, I opted out of buying the EWP. That isn't a route I want to go with this build.

K Member should hopefully be here this week. That will be all I'm waiting on to put the motor in the car, everything else is here ready to go. IMO that is worth the wait though, it is something I have REALLY been wanting to get.

lemons12
01-30-2013, 03:22 AM
Well.. I ended up getting lucky. My buddy ended up buying a K member with me since it was such an amazing deal (Thanks a ton again Jason@PA Racing). Jason had to get one of the ones we ordered powder coated so I end up getting a brand new red K member! My K member will be shipped on Monday.

Just got done completely shaving one cover.. Going to shave the other one tomorrow... Also have to remove the baffles on the inside of one to clear the l92 rockers. Then fill/paint after work, not 100% on the color just yet.

I got the springs/rockers on and torqued down. Valve covers would be done and not have to come back off again if they were done.

I started painting my engine bay.. I think it came out really good, looks much better than the pics show.

I have replaced almost all my black oxide bolts with the stainless steel I ordered... I ordered some more stainless bolts tonight so all the bolts are now stainless. Killer deals on bolts: http://ls1tech.com/forums/member.php?u=89059

Also got my SLP/Powerbond 25% pulley in... I have been slacking on my updates!

I got my ls1 map sensor mounted in the front of the ls3 intake.

I clearanced the water pump for the TB blade.

I think that is all I have done... Or at least can think of, I might be forgetting some things.

PICS:
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg259/xhk651/IMAG1038.jpg
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg259/xhk651/IMAG1039.jpg
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg259/xhk651/IMAG1030-1-1.jpg
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg259/xhk651/IMAG1051.jpg
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg259/xhk651/IMAG1052.jpg
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg259/xhk651/IMAG1053.jpg
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg259/xhk651/IMAG1033.jpg