Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Which is brightest headlamp

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2012, 08:45 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Which is brightest headlamp

I need to change the headlamp in my 98 trans am. Is there a lamp that is brighter then the factory junk my car has now?

Thanks
Roman
Old 06-11-2012, 12:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

i assume you mean your headlights? HID's are more than bright enough for any car and will probably blind the **** out of everyone else.
Old 06-11-2012, 03:18 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Ya I have 6k HID on my SS... Way brighter than my other SS... Always have ppl flashn me like I have my HIGH beams on... When I put on my HIGHS 50% ppl pull over LMAO! Highs can BLIND for sure!
Old 06-11-2012, 03:29 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 2win_SS
Ya I have 6k HID on my SS... Way brighter than my other SS... Always have ppl flashn me like I have my HIGH beams on... When I put on my HIGHS 50% ppl pull over LMAO! Highs can BLIND for sure!
You think that might be a hint you need to do this modification the correct way instead of the ricer way?

You can do a projector setup in your low beams for fairly cheap and will DRASTICALLY improve your lighting.
Old 06-11-2012, 04:17 AM
TECH Enthusiast

How did I do it "incorrectly"? Or "Ricer"? I just put my kits in... I dnt want projectors on my car. Dnt look as good as stock. And my lights are bright WHITE. Not BLUE like ricers.
Come on bro...
Old 06-11-2012, 04:22 AM
TECH Senior Member

How did I do it "incorrectly"? Or "Ricer"? I just put my kits in... I dnt want projectors on my car. Dnt look as good as stock. And my lights are bright WHITE. Not BLUE like ricers.
Come on bro...
It is dangerous and blinding to oncoming traffic, there is a reason it is illegal.

The blue/white color isn't what makes it ricer, doing modifications incorrectly is. HIDs need a projector to function properly. Not to mention you would greatly improve your light output with a projector.

It is similar to putting an Ms4 cam in with stock manifolds/ls1 intake/and 98 heads. If you're going to put the best in, support it to handle the best.
Old 06-11-2012, 04:31 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Where u from? I'm from Cali. Hid are not illegal here. Like said i dnt like how projectors look. Bottom line. And fine throw out light far and wide. Seem to work as well as my momz new R/T with hid+projectors. But looks cleaner. I'm not going to debate this. U r entitled to ur opinion

^^^ mine. Not fine.
Old 06-11-2012, 04:46 AM
TECH Senior Member

Where u from? I'm from Cali. Hid are not illegal here. Like said i dnt like how projectors look. Bottom line. And fine throw out light far and wide. Seem to work as well as my momz new R/T with hid+projectors. But looks cleaner. I'm not going to debate this. U r entitled to ur opinion
Tennessee.

I didn't say HIDs were illegal... You might want to check your state laws on putting an HID bulb in a halogen housing sweetie. It is illegal.

They GLARE light wide, high, low, etc... Hot spots are terrible... Etc etc etc. It is a HORRIBLE way to improve lighting, not because it doesn't let you see better, because it is dangerous and BLINDING. There is a difference between bright and blinding. HIDs in a halogen housing are blinding, not bright.

I don't know why you are talking about an opinion, I am posting fact. It is your opinion that it wasn't illegal, it was fact by me it was. Just like hot spots, glare, blinding, etc.
Always have ppl flashn me like I have my HIGH beams on
You said it yourself. You are one of the *** holes I hate on the road. I did mine incorrectly at first and fixed the issues very promptly. I not only can see better with the new setup, I don't blind anyone. I also get much more respect for the mod because it was done correctly.
Old 06-11-2012, 04:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Umm they are way illegal here dude
Old 06-11-2012, 04:49 AM
TECH Senior Member

https://ls1tech.com/forums/15186879-post3.html
Old 06-11-2012, 04:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

OP the conversion isnt much at all if you know where to look. But to answer your question off the shelf you are limited
Old 06-11-2012, 05:04 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Wel. Ive never been pulled over for hids. Not in my SS or trucks. Lmao seems like UR getn ur panties in a bunch. Let's let it go... Lol ur in tennessee. Dnt worry. I cant
Blind u from here.
Old 06-11-2012, 10:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

Yea, you need the proper HID housing for the HID bulbs to focus them properly or else they "splash" everywhere and blind people.
Old 06-11-2012, 02:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by lemons12

You said it yourself. You are one of the *** holes I hate on the road. I did mine incorrectly at first and fixed the issues very promptly. I not only can see better with the new setup, I don't blind anyone. I also get much more respect for the mod because it was done correctly.

X2 i want to round these ******** up and spartan kick them off a cliff. just wait till someone hits him in a head on collision because his stupid lights are so bright that oncomming couldnt see where they were going. i mean seriously who needs that much headlight? were not in antarctica searching for polar bears here. having that around here is just a huge flag to everyone else waving around saying "hey everyone, im a douchebag!"
Old 06-11-2012, 02:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

55W 6k in a projector for my highs is my response to people with HIDs in a halogen. LOL

Not really but I wish I was that big of an *** hole to not care about ones safety to return the favor.

I would ask them late how they enjoyed driving in the sun...

55w in fogs lows and highs... get on it just enough so the car raises up and they get the full effect. HA
Old 06-11-2012, 03:16 PM
On The Tree

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Wel. Ive never been pulled over for hids. Not in my SS or trucks. Lmao seems like UR getn ur panties in a bunch. Let's let it go... Lol ur in tennessee. Dnt worry. I cant
Blind u from here.
You will get yours. The set-up you have is EXTREMELY dangerous to other drivers on the road. And like Lemon said, it is illegal. How inconsiderate can one person be? Someone could be killed and here you are laughing about it. I see a lot of stupid crap on this board, and usually let it slide by not commenting.. This one takes the cake and I had to say something.

When I put on my HIGHS 50% ppl pull over LMAO.
Moron.

Nix
Old 06-11-2012, 03:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Tennessee.

I didn't say HIDs were illegal... You might want to check your state laws on putting an HID bulb in a halogen housing sweetie. It is illegal.

They GLARE light wide, high, low, etc... Hot spots are terrible... Etc etc etc. It is a HORRIBLE way to improve lighting, not because it doesn't let you see better, because it is dangerous and BLINDING. There is a difference between bright and blinding. HIDs in a halogen housing are blinding, not bright.

I don't know why you are talking about an opinion, I am posting fact. It is your opinion that it wasn't illegal, it was fact by me it was. Just like hot spots, glare, blinding, etc.

He called you sweetie...LMAO!!
Old 06-11-2012, 03:44 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by usnfenix
X2 i want to round these ******** up and spartan kick them off a cliff. just wait till someone hits him in a head on collision because his stupid lights are so bright that oncomming couldnt see where they were going.
X3

If all the signs you encounter are blown out with light, you're doing it wrong.

My buddy has a 96z. Driving 4 cars (between us) in front of him with his HID's in halogen housings, the signs I passed blinded me with reflections.
Old 06-11-2012, 03:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by wicked383lt1
He called you sweetie...LMAO!!
Don't be mad baby cakes.... Just showing the love if I'm going to be blunt, peoples E feelings tend to get hurt from time to time.
Old 06-11-2012, 04:42 PM
TECH Resident

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

X4

Good job *******. Blind people and purposely cause a dangerous situation for oncoming traffic that could literally kill people along with yourself, and laugh about it. STUPID!!!

Quick Reply: Which is brightest headlamp