Multimedia Exchange - 2013 ZL1 (stock) vs 2013 Boss 302 *vid*

| Powered by Satan |
06-11-2012, 06:17 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=169JFXbccBs

*stirring that big ol pot*

Not bad considering that Boss makes ~100rwhp less than the ZL1

1ltcap
06-11-2012, 06:33 PM
kinda shocked to see the boss out front.

could you re-do those with something v8 powered as the chase car please?

oh wait....what i meant to say is that of course the boss pulled out on the zl1.

| Powered by Satan |
06-11-2012, 11:06 PM
pretty quiet

happysem
06-11-2012, 11:36 PM
ZL1 driving with traction control on or something? lol.

1BADChev
06-12-2012, 12:25 AM
I'd like to go heads up with any boss 302 and show what the zl1 is capable of stock. LOL it's either the driver or like ^ said was traction control on and was the guy the redlining? Whats missing???

BottleFedZ346
06-12-2012, 03:55 AM
El oh el @ the camera car pulling on the cars that were racing.....

snoops
06-12-2012, 04:31 AM
What mods on the Boss? Was that the V-6 ZL1 model?

Camaro Z
06-12-2012, 07:32 AM
430+ rwhp @ 3600 lbs > 490 rwhp @ 4250 lbs

The tuner of the Boss (AED) claims that their Boss tunes consistently beat stock '11-'12 GT500's.

| Powered by Satan |
06-12-2012, 07:43 AM
El oh el @ the camera car pulling on the cars that were racing.....

reminds me of this old school underground racing video (when they worked on mustangs!!!)

http://www.streetfire.net/video/03-cobra-vs-01-cobra-vs-saleen-351e_77689.htm

| Powered by Satan |
06-12-2012, 07:44 AM
What mods on the Boss? Was that the V-6 ZL1 model?

clearly you didn't even watch the video, when the 3 mods were first listed:

CAI
3" x pipe
Tune

(and I doubt it makes anything over 430rwhp... maybe 420rwhp tops)

Camaro Z
06-12-2012, 08:09 AM
(and I doubt it makes anything over 430rwhp... maybe 420rwhp tops)

Don't Intake/Tune/Exhaust 5.0's dyno 410-415 rwhp? I would think the different cams and Boss intake manifold would net more than 5-10 rwhp over a normal 5.0.

06X6spdGTO
06-12-2012, 09:10 PM
BOSS FTW!!! SHIT ON CHEVY, PISS ON LS1tech!!! FORD RULES SVTP.COM!!!!! WA WA WEEEEWA!!!!!
http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg48/06x6spdGTO/Borat.jpg

Boo"SS"t
06-12-2012, 11:27 PM
That's what happens when you build a 2.5 ton sportscar. I really wish they made the new camaro a little bit more compact and lighter.

jmurray87
06-13-2012, 12:28 AM
With those mods I would agree that 420-430rwhp sounds about right for that Boss as for the Camaro a stock ZL1 does what 480-490rwhp so not that massive of a gap and figure in the weight difference it about explains the results. Honestly though, not trying to sound like a GM fanboy but that ZL1 needs a driver mod he was being pulled pretty bad.

blackbird0230
06-13-2012, 02:57 PM
I wanna see gm make a zl1 the size of a 67 maro. That thing would be nasty. I don't understand how come gm adds weight when they add power. It's like a stale mate everytime. Even our 4th gens are heavy pigs. My TA weighs 3720lbs with sfcs and true duals.

jmurray87
06-13-2012, 10:56 PM
I wanna see gm make a zl1 the size of a 67 maro. That thing would be nasty. I don't understand how come gm adds weight when they add power. It's like a stale mate everytime. Even our 4th gens are heavy pigs. My TA weighs 3720lbs with sfcs and true duals.

Safety regulations, better materials and all the "extra technology" they add in it all adds up.

1ltcap
06-13-2012, 11:10 PM
Safety regulations, better materials and all the "extra technology" they add in it all adds up.

what he said.

Julio_BOSS
06-13-2012, 11:59 PM
Hey I'm the owner of the boss. The zl1 had a very capable driver (a road racer and autoxer). U guys are right on the power I'm at about 420-430 rwhp. The zl1 is a very nice car but the weight is killing it.

firebird99
06-14-2012, 01:36 AM
^^^^ about 420-430 yeah I still say that's a little lower then what you truly make but I hope you would prove me wrong with your dyno sheet please:corn:

blackbird0230
06-14-2012, 10:33 AM

Oh I see. I wonder how ford is making lighter cars with all that safety stuff and better materials. Must be magic....

bill12690
06-14-2012, 03:24 PM
5th gens are fat pigs. as said, even the 4th gens have some weight to them.

1ltcap
06-14-2012, 03:42 PM
Oh I see. I wonder how ford is making lighter cars with all that safety stuff and better materials. Must be magic....

a 67 mustang weighed in around 3200#. the shelby now is 3800 and change. the gt is 3600and change. i don't think those are lightweights.

perhaps if you give up all the irs, and groovy active suspension stuff, you too could be lighter. :D

obZidian
06-14-2012, 05:09 PM
Hey I'm the owner of the boss. The zl1 had a very capable driver (a road racer and autoxer). U guys are right on the power I'm at about 420-430 rwhp. The zl1 is a very nice car but the weight is killing it.

WOW.... Eric might be an accomplished racer on the road course but shifting fast/hard is something that eludes him. :)

firebird99
06-14-2012, 09:00 PM
WOW.... Eric might be an accomplished racer on the road course but shifting fast/hard is something that eludes him. :)

That's funny when an unbiased person that knoed both parties steps in and rains on the party. We all know a car is only as fast as its driver.

jsmith564
06-14-2012, 10:14 PM
Ford BOSS ftw!!!!! Hell with the new camaro

DVS99TRANS
06-15-2012, 02:03 AM
Going to be another to say the 5th Gens are way to heavy and not suprised the Boss won. But I'm going to somewhat jump on the ol' 03-04 Cobra bandwagon. Throw a Whipple on the ZL1 which its more than capable of handling. That should destroy just about everything it comes across.

MasterTomos
06-15-2012, 03:18 AM
I really like that the issue of weight is being discussed here, because nobody has talked about it much before when comparing the new mustang to the 5th gen. It all makes sense now.

Also, i now know that if you buy a cheaper car, and modify it, it can be faster than cars that cost more money. Gadzooks! Who would have thought?

:smokin2:

m_liel
06-15-2012, 03:49 AM
Damn that's too bad.

Build #1
06-15-2012, 07:37 PM
Live axle..... wont corner over bumps.....but all the sudden who cares , right? I think the heavy Camaro does good with a 15 year old motor. If Chevrolet had a company like Shelby that would back them they would have something too.

1ltcap
06-15-2012, 07:44 PM
I really like that the issue of weight is being discussed here, because nobody has talked about it much before when comparing the new mustang to the 5th gen. It all makes sense now.

Also, i now know that if you buy a cheaper car, and modify it, it can be faster than cars that cost more money. Gadzooks! Who would have thought?

:smokin2:

i dub thee Captain Obvious. :D

1ltcap
06-15-2012, 07:45 PM
Live axle..... wont corner over bumps.....but all the sudden who cares , right? I think the heavy Camaro does good with a 15 year old motor. If Chevrolet had a company like Shelby that would back them they would have something too.

yea, thee's no way that the springs/struts on the side hitting the bump can or will absorb the shock, and travel over it, without taking the other side with it.

also, although these aren't the cars we're talking about here./......i will once again steer you towards the continental tire challenge. you may like to note that the camaros aren't dominating the mustangs, as one would imagine. even being lighter, with bigger engines, better balanced, and with IRS

on the other hand, the beemers are dominating BOTH of the previously mentioned cars right now.

Build #1
06-15-2012, 07:46 PM
Here is a reason.
Here is the Camaro safety rating.....

http://www.nadaguides.com/Cars/2012/Chevrolet/Camaro/2dr-Cpe-ZL1/Safety-Ratings

Here is the Mustangs safety rating....
http://www.nadaguides.com/Cars/2012/Ford/Mustang/2dr-Cpe-Shelby-GT500/Safety-Ratings

firebird99
06-16-2012, 04:36 AM

If you can take the time to make an account and come on here to toot your own horn but not respond to any of the comments kinda makes you a lil shady hell even your buddy called you out about your statement and you have nothing to say? Until then I call bs on the mods or your supposed power level...

Blk98Vert
06-16-2012, 06:29 AM
I dont see anything shocking about this, all comes down to weight

1ltcap
06-16-2012, 07:43 AM
wow.....that's pretty weak, having to resort to safety ratings......

Build #1
06-16-2012, 10:23 PM
Well Buddy, Its in direct relation to the weight differences of the two cars. I knew from a comment like that there would be a Mustang in the avatar. LOL The Mustang boys finally get a decent motor and they think we forgot about waxing their ass for the last 15 years, well more like 20. Sorry if I pissed off any of my Ford buddies but theres always one that has to be smart.

BOBS99SS
06-17-2012, 07:42 AM
Not surprised, also not surprised over every comment in this thread lol, imo this is like every other zl1 thread i have ever opened lol,nice cars though, whites my color

Build #1
06-17-2012, 11:59 PM
LOL, Its all your fault! I would rather it be lighter like the Mustang and be little less safe. The Fox body is still the ultimate light weight.

bill12690
06-18-2012, 12:43 AM
Well Buddy, Its in direct relation to the weight differences of the two cars. I knew from a comment like that there would be a Mustang in the avatar. LOL The Mustang boys finally get a decent motor and they think we forgot about waxing their ass for the last 15 years, well more like 20. Sorry if I pissed off any of my Ford buddies but theres always one that has to be smart.

:cheers:

congrats mustang guys, your faster. fanboys get butthurt, or whatever, its always happened on one side or the other. If you think that weight is just now being brought up, I disagree. I think it's a long known thing that the 5th gens are just too heavy. Hell, maybe some people thought the mustang would be heavier by now..

1ltcap
06-18-2012, 08:44 AM
they're both much much heavier than their 60's counterparts. the mustangs were quicker back then too. :D

that said, i watched the the lead mustang have virtually no trouble pulling out on the lead camaro at mid ohio. he held excellent lines in the turns, as did the camaro, and was easily able to open up some space on the short straights. and this is with the camaro weighing approx. 200# less than the mustang, having a larger displacement engine, being better balanced, and having that good old independent rear suspension.

sabersaw30
06-18-2012, 11:57 AM
A friend of mine just bought a 2013 5.0 and with a cold air and tune factory exhaust it put down 400 rwhp.They are putting some strong no.s down.I don't know what the difference is in the boss.

adamantium
06-18-2012, 12:19 PM
Not surprised, also not surprised over every comment in this thread lol, imo this is like every other zl1 thread i have ever opened lol,nice cars though, whites my color

lol Exactly what i was thinking. The owner of the boss has nothing to lie about, also i think this is the 2nd ZL1 he's put a hurting on if im not mistaken. I remember him talking about beating one before this video was even up. I have a friend with a normal 5.0 with some mods ill see if i get him to run a ZL1 and ill get a video of the bus.

1ltcap
06-18-2012, 12:57 PM
lol Exactly what i was thinking. The owner of the boss has nothing to lie about, also i think this is the 2nd ZL1 he's put a hurting on if im not mistaken. I remember him talking about beating one before this video was even up. I have a friend with a normal 5.0 with some mods ill see if i get him to run a ZL1 and ill get a video of the bus.

aaww man....you're gonna make some heads explode.

JD_AMG
06-18-2012, 05:07 PM
that said, i watched the the lead mustang have virtually no trouble pulling out on the lead camaro at mid ohio. he held excellent lines in the turns, as did the camaro, and was easily able to open up some space on the short straights. and this is with the camaro weighing approx. 200# less than the mustang, having a larger displacement engine, being better balanced, and having that good old independent rear suspension.
So what does this heavily restricted circuit racing with different drivers all driving at once have to do with the street cars?
Also, do you have any actual specs on the cars proving which is lighter, and better balanced?

Oh yeah and if you want to bring up more of a street car comparison on a small track, check out Fstock auto-x, 4th gens are still beating/staying even with the new Mustang, and previous gen mustangs aren't even worth mentioning (like usual).

adamantium
06-18-2012, 05:46 PM
aaww man....you're gonna make some heads explode.
lol

http://gifs.gifbin.com/1238157980_scanners_-_head_explosion.gif

People on here love to question the info shared when its not to their liking, to help them sleep at night or something.

Im local to these runs, infact i ran a buddies car out on that same rode this sunday. I can guarantee the driver of the BOSS knows what a good or bad driver is.

I like how in the honda vid i posted, they said "Oh but the driver of the boss probably doesn't know how to drive." Now in this vid its the other way around "Pssh the ZL1 needs a driver mod" Same shit different thread in here.

I bet if it was the ZL1 infront no questions would be asked.

ULTIMATEORANGESS
06-18-2012, 05:47 PM
i assume both cars are manuals?

id be pissed if i was that zl1 owner and start modding.

JD_AMG
06-18-2012, 06:49 PM
lol

People on here love to question the info shared when its not to their liking, to help them sleep at night or something.

I love it how you act like no other forums do this (even though its only a handful of people that do it here, vs a whole damn forum elsewhere) - ever been on other car specific (non-generic) forums? They are 1000X worse, and usually 1000x less knowledgeable about other cars.
I also love how you act like that what is being "questioned" is such a big deal, because quite frankly it is questionable.
If you haven't noticed this is a GM forum, its likely going to be at least a little biased toward GM (again, no where near as bad as most forums).
And lets not forget how much more biased the trolls are here (hence the creation of the mach1 thread for example).

1ltcap
06-18-2012, 09:00 PM
So what does this heavily restricted circuit racing with different drivers all driving at once have to do with the street cars?
Also, do you have any actual specs on the cars proving which is lighter, and better balanced?

Oh yeah and if you want to bring up more of a street car comparison on a small track, check out Fstock auto-x, 4th gens are still beating/staying even with the new Mustang, and previous gen mustangs aren't even worth mentioning (like usual).

i had the rules/regulations page bookmarked. it appears to be down, as i just tried accessing it, and get a 404 error.

http://204.12.108.2/assets/%28GS%29and%20%28ST%29SpecificCarRegulations2012.p df

1ltcap
06-18-2012, 09:02 PM
I love it how you act like no other forums do this (even though its only a handful of people that do it here, vs a whole damn forum elsewhere) - ever been on other car specific (non-generic) forums? They are 1000X worse, and usually 1000x less knowledgeable about other cars.
I also love how you act like that what is being "questioned" is such a big deal, because quite frankly it is questionable.
If you haven't noticed this is a GM forum, its likely going to be at least a little biased toward GM (again, no where near as bad as most forums).
And lets not forget how much more biased the trolls are here (hence the creation of the mach1 thread for example).

i see a couple REALLY unbiased guys in here. like ltls1(think i got that right), gocart1, ultimateorangeness........

adamantium
06-18-2012, 09:16 PM

None of the 5 other forums im on RIGHT NOW, Neither have any of the different car forums ive BEEN on. I've been posting on car forums since i was 16. Seen it all but have yet to see a site like this.

1ltcap
06-18-2012, 09:34 PM
None of the 5 other forums im on RIGHT NOW, Neither have any of the different car forums ive BEEN on. I've been posting on car forums since i was 16. Seen it all but have yet to see a site like this.

actually camaro5 is pretty fucking bad.

adamantium
06-18-2012, 09:37 PM

Jeez, if its worse then this site then id stay far away from it. I get a headache sometimes on here, if it wasn't for the informative tech and drag section i wouldn't even post on here. So many ignorant members on here that ruin this site.

1ltcap
06-18-2012, 09:40 PM
Jeez, if its worse then this site then id stay far away from it. I get a headache sometimes on here, if it wasn't for the informative tech and drag section i wouldn't even post on here. So many ignorant members on here that ruin this site.

well.....you see, tp get a little leeway over there, but don't DARE say anything bad about their god al op. i got a 2 week suspension for that. then once the suspension was over, i'd gotten a pm from some schmuck telling me i should try to fit in better.
now, bear in mind, i'd made a couple posts offering repair advice, and had pretty much said there, what i say here......but anyway, he said to try to fit in better.
so my reply to him was "how would you suggest i fit in better, considering i've not done anything wrong?"

that got me a ban. :D

adamantium
06-18-2012, 09:46 PM
well.....you see, tp get a little leeway over there, but don't DARE say anything bad about their god al op. i got a 2 week suspension for that. then once the suspension was over, i'd gotten a pm from some schmuck telling me i should try to fit in better.
now, bear in mind, i'd made a couple posts offering repair advice, and had pretty much said there, what i say here......but anyway, he said to try to fit in better.
so my reply to him was "how would you suggest i fit in better, considering i've not done anything wrong?"

that got me a ban. :D

lol troll them and leave, they sound like a buncha phaggots. Who in the hell suggests to "try to fit in" in a forum?

1ltcap
06-18-2012, 09:53 PM
lol troll them and leave, they sound like a buncha phaggots. Who in the hell suggests to "try to fit in" in a forum?

if i could access it, i'd get the name of the guy that pm'd me that....and even the post that got me the original suspension. it's probably better off. there's a few guys here that seem pretty closed minded....but for the most part, most of the guys here seem pretty decent to chat with. i enjoy it, and would someday like to meet some of them.

JD_AMG
06-18-2012, 09:54 PM
i had the rules/regulations page bookmarked. it appears to be down, as i just tried accessing it, and get a 404 error.

http://204.12.108.2/assets/%28GS%29and%20%28ST%29SpecificCarRegulations2012.p df

So in other words you have nothing to back up anything you said, and you are probably full of crap, like most of your posts?

Which other sites if you don't mind saying?
It seems just about every Mustang and Honda forums are terrible about it and come up with the funniest excuses (hp/ for example). VW sites seem to be the worst now with all the hellaflush teenagers. - hell I remember there was a thread on here at one time with funny links to other forums being stupid (again Mustang, Honda and VW mostly)
Here you will mostly see someone saying something to piss the trolls off, and others take it seriously.

1ltcap
06-18-2012, 09:59 PM
So in other words you have nothing to back up anything you said, and you are probably full of crap, like most of your posts?

It seems just about every Mustang and Honda forums are terrible about it and come up with the funniest excuses (hp/ for example). VW sites seem to be the worst now with all the hellaflush teenagers. - hell I remember there was a thread on here at one time with funny links to other forums being stupid (again Mustang, Honda and VW mostly)
Here you will mostly see someone saying something to piss the trolls off, and others take it seriously.

when they get that site back up, i will have facts to back up my......facts.

both cars have air intake restrictors. last year the camaro didn't. but then the camaro won 1 under a caution, and the other when the lead mustang was taken out in an accident.
so far, this year, the camaro's won none, to the mustang's two. both have 21 gallon fuel cells, both have 3.73 rears, the camaro weighs nearly 200 pounds less than the mustang. the camaro uses a bosch ecu, the mustang uses a ford ecu. the mustang is factory built, the camaro isn't.

Blackpony
06-18-2012, 10:05 PM
makes me laugh reading all the butt hurt gm guys in here. All making excuses as to why the camaro lost and why it should have won.. Yes the camaro is heavier, nothing you can do about that. This is what gm gave us to work with.

Some of you guys should just give credit where credit is due...

MasterTomos
06-18-2012, 10:14 PM

I havent paid attention much to camaro 5 in recent months, but back when my buddy was looking at 5th gen's we were on there every day.

Mostly a bunch of guys in their 40's and 50's that are convinced their car is the single greatest thing on 4 wheels and can't be told otherwise all convinced that "my midlife crisis is better than yours...."

That being said, there are some great/knowledgable/original guys over there too, but there is defnitely some rampant dooshery.

adamantium
06-18-2012, 10:20 PM

Theturboforums.com
jdmsouth.com
honda-tech.com
nwp4life.com
k20a.org

You're very wrong (i have my reasons for believing so). Even though it is YOUR opinion. Ill just agree to disagree with you.

bill12690
06-19-2012, 01:32 AM
makes me laugh reading all the butt hurt gm guys in here. All making excuses as to why the camaro lost and why it should have won.. Yes the camaro is heavier, nothing you can do about that. This is what gm gave us to work with.

Some of you guys should just give credit where credit is due...

I think the ones that can accept it have. As for some of the others, maybe your wasting your time.

Ford built a mustang that rolls out.. I think it's about time. I just think its a little funny that now that the 5.0s came out all the Ford fanboys are crawling all over ls1tech, youtube, and who knows where else and act like the mustang has spanking our ass for years.

GM never made a Camaro with forced induction until now, so comparing our cars to the shelbys never made much sense, but now that they have its heavy too, kinda shot itself in the foot a bit as far as straight line performance is concerned. The 5.0 looks good (ok, not all of them) and it performs. Congratulations. Just keep in mind you weren't here a few years ago posting videos of stock 3 valves kicking our 10 year old technology asses.

bill12690
06-19-2012, 01:37 AM
I havent paid attention much to camaro 5 in recent months, but back when my buddy was looking at 5th gen's we were on there every day.

Mostly a bunch of guys in their 40's and 50's that are convinced their car is the single greatest thing on 4 wheels and can't be told otherwise all convinced that "my midlife crisis is better than yours...."

That being said, there are some great/knowledgable/original guys over there too, but there is defnitely some rampant dooshery.

Well, consider this. The forum probably reflects 5th gen drivers for the most part. Bunch of them are either old guys that probably do think their stock 5th gen is the shit, or young and dumb teenagers that don't know shit either. Again, not saying there aren't knowledgeable people there, just pointing out that all it takes are some old guys and dumb teenagers to fuck it up for everybody.

JD_AMG
06-19-2012, 05:50 PM
when they get that site back up, i will have facts to back up my......facts.
K

both cars have air intake restrictors. last year the camaro didn't. but then the camaro won 1 under a caution, and the other when the lead mustang was taken out in an accident.
so far, this year, the camaro's won none, to the mustang's two. both have 21 gallon fuel cells, both have 3.73 rears, the camaro weighs nearly 200 pounds less than the mustang. the camaro uses a bosch ecu, the mustang uses a ford ecu. the mustang is factory built, the camaro isn't.
Not really sure why you bothered typing all this out as it is pretty much meaningless.

Theturboforums.com
jdmsouth.com
honda-tech.com
nwp4life.com
k20a.org

You're very wrong (i have my reasons for believing so). Even though it is YOUR opinion. Ill just agree to disagree with you.
The only "mass specific car" car forum you posted there was honda-tech (which definitely has had its share of hardcore fanboys - not sure how it is now) The rest are either generic car forums, local forums or just really small.
Whats honestly so bad about LS1tech specifically compared to other car specific fourms (not generic forums, brand specific like honda-tech)?

adamantium
06-19-2012, 08:38 PM
The only "mass specific car" car forum you posted there was honda-tech (which definitely has had its share of hardcore fanboys - not sure how it is now) The rest are either generic car forums, local forums or just really small.
Whats honestly so bad about LS1tech specifically compared to other car specific fourms (not generic forums, brand specific like honda-tech)?

The ignorance.

New vid of that same boss vs a "full bolt on" GT500

http://www.jdmtube.com/video/294/GT500-vs-Boss-305-ZL-1-Killer-Miami-Street-Racing

Quotes from the owner of the boss below.

I lost to the gt500 by .5-1 car by end of forth. Missed fifth and he flew away lol
Gt500 is full bolt on/pully/tune.

JD_AMG
06-19-2012, 08:57 PM
The ignorance.

Ignorance about what? Where? Give examples please.

adamantium
06-19-2012, 09:15 PM
Ignorance about what? Where? Give examples please.

Since you're curious, its usually the ignorance to anything that is outside of the box in terms of mods or even the mass amount of brand mongering on here. We are all on here cause we are fans of GM, but thinking anything that's not GM is shit, its just ignorance.

quik01ss
06-19-2012, 09:17 PM
2014 ZL1 !
Heard they added a little more weight and kept the same power though

http://i46.tinypic.com/214t7hf.jpg

1ltcap
06-19-2012, 09:28 PM
2014 ZL1 !
Heard they added a little more weight and kept the same power though

http://i46.tinypic.com/214t7hf.jpg

is that gun optional? :devil:

bill12690
06-20-2012, 12:31 AM
is that gun optional? :devil:

I hope so, bet it kills the handling.

firebird99
06-20-2012, 02:18 AM
Actually he does have a reason to lie since he beat a car that should be faster although I'm not saying that he is but he has yet to post his true Hp.
lol

Im local to these runs, infact i ran a buddies car out on that same rode this sunday. I can guarantee the driver of the BOSS knows what a good or bad driver is.

I like how in the honda vid i posted, they said "Oh but the driver of the boss probably doesn't know how to drive." Now in this vid its the other way around "Pssh the ZL1 needs a driver mod" Same shit different thread in here.

I bet if it was the ZL1 infront no questions would be asked.
Sort like how a lot of peolpe question how the ZL1 can beat the GT500 twice? Also since you claim that the driver of the BOSS knows a good driver when he sees one yet his other buddy jumped on here and said ol'boy in the ZL1 can shift for crap.
i see a couple REALLY unbiased guys in here. like ltls1(think i got that right), gocart1, ultimateorangeness........
Really after all we've been through and I didn't make the list, that makes me
:(

firebird99
06-20-2012, 02:36 AM
Since you're curious, its usually the ignorance to anything that is outside of the box in terms of mods or even the mass amount of brand mongering on here. We are all on here cause we are fans of GM, but thinking anything that's not GM is shit, its just ignorance.
Be careful when throwing rocks in your little glass house.......:)

1ltcap
06-20-2012, 08:23 AM
I hope so, bet it kills the handling.

yea, but do you really need to handle that well, if you can eliminate the competition?

1ltcap
06-20-2012, 08:26 AM
Actually he does have a reason to lie since he beat a car that should be faster although I'm not saying that he is but he has yet to post his true Hp.

Sort like how a lot of peolpe question how the ZL1 can beat the GT500 twice? Also since you claim that the driver of the BOSS knows a good driver when he sees one yet his other buddy jumped on here and said ol'boy in the ZL1 can shift for crap.

Really after all we've been through and I didn't make the list, that makes me
:(

you're on there too. i was posting in a hurry, and they came to mind first......

adamantium
06-20-2012, 10:32 AM
Be careful when throwing rocks in your little glass house.......:)

What are you talking about? You're the one who's life goal seems to be defending a car you don't even own on the internet, because you're a GM monger. If you're gonna try to be cheeky atleast have some type of facts to back it up, im the last person to accuse of being ignorant.

Man, are you retarded?

The boss weighs 500lbs less and makes 50-60whp less.

Give it up already.

Vid is proof, what happened, happened. Deal with it.

bill12690
06-20-2012, 11:49 AM
yea, but do you really need to handle that well, if you can eliminate the competition?

Just sayin' :drive:

Blackpony
06-20-2012, 01:05 PM
GM never made a Camaro with forced induction until now, so comparing our cars to the shelbys never made much sense, but now that they have its heavy too, kinda shot itself in the foot a bit as far as straight line performance is concerned.

But it is ok to compare the mustang to a vette? That would be like saying its not fair to compare the mustang to a camaro because it has less cubic inches...

The 5.0 looks good (ok, not all of them) and it performs. Congratulations. Just keep in mind you weren't here a few years ago posting videos of stock 3 valves kicking our 10 year old technology asses.

The biggest problem with ford, is they are i guess scared of cubic inches. They have almost always had less ci. I do think it is cool that they are able to take 20% less ci and no power adder and beat a much larger engine with a blower.. Some want to complain about the weight, this is what the manufactures are giving us, lets not make excuses as to why something diddent win. Right now we have apples to apples. ss vs 5.0, zl1 vs gt500, v6 vs v6. Ford has finally figured out how to make killer power.

1ltcap
06-20-2012, 01:08 PM
actually, they re-discovered how to make killer power.

ZeeSNuttS
06-20-2012, 04:18 PM
15 to 20 years of that ford ass getting beat down and one year of re-discovered killer power takes that all away LOL yes you are a ford nuttswinger or more like a old dingle berry LOL

JD_AMG
06-20-2012, 04:47 PM
Since you're curious, its usually the ignorance to anything that is outside of the box in terms of mods

I have to disagree on this as well, all the popular mods today started out as "out side the box" mods and then have proven themselves with results. Can you post a couple threads for example, because honestly I can't think of any. (should be easy to do for you with how bad you claim it to be)

or even the mass amount of brand mongering on here. We are all on here cause we are fans of GM, but thinking anything that's not GM is shit, its just ignorance.
While there have been a handful of GM nutswingers through out the years (again this is a GM site, so i don't see what the big deal is) its no where near the level other forums have - and honestly evenly countered by the other brand nutswingers/trolls we have in the SRK section.
Check out other fourms that have kill sections or other sections that could stir things up.

1ltcap
06-20-2012, 05:08 PM
15 to 20 years of that ford ass getting beat down and one year of re-discovered killer power takes that all away LOL yes you are a ford nuttswinger or more like a old dingle berry LOL

yea, 'cause ford never kicked anyones ass in the 50's or 60's. forget 70's, they all sucked.

adamantium
06-20-2012, 06:00 PM
I have to disagree on this as well, all the popular mods today started out as "out side the box" mods and then have proven themselves with results. Can you post a couple threads for example, because honestly I can't think of any. (should be easy to do for you with how bad you claim it to be)

While there have been a handful of GM nutswingers through out the years (again this is a GM site, so i don't see what the big deal is) its no where near the level other forums have - and honestly evenly countered by the other brand nutswingers/trolls we have in the SRK section.
Check out other fourms that have kill sections or other sections that could stir things up.

I said this before i edited my previous post towards you.

That is fine. Disagree with me, its no skin off my back.

Honestly, who cares if im not a huge fan of this site?

Does it bother you that much?

You're seriously going to sit here and try to alter my opinion by stating or posting your opinion? Get over it.

Julio_BOSS
06-21-2012, 11:48 AM
Firebird, how did I toot my own horn? By saying the other driver is an experienced driver? Lol. I have no reason to lie about my power, I dyno'd 420/351 in 4th so maybe in 5th which is my 1:1 gear I'll Dyno a couple hp more. But dynos are just numbers so they are pointless unless me and him Dyno same place, same time. I didn't post earlier because I don't frequent this forum. But I'll be sure to check it incase any one else has more questions :) if anyone is local with a zl1 and wants to try it out, I'm more than willing. I'm looking to run one tuned to see the difference or with a pully. I have a run set up vs a 2013 gt500 soon so we could see the difference.

1ltcap
06-21-2012, 12:05 PM
Firebird, how did I toot my own horn? By saying the other driver is an experienced driver? Lol. I have no reason to lie about my power, I dyno'd 420/351 in 4th so maybe in 5th which is my 1:1 gear I'll Dyno a couple hp more. But dynos are just numbers so they are pointless unless me and him Dyno same place, same time. I didn't post earlier because I don't frequent this forum. But I'll be sure to check it incase any one else has more questions :) if anyone is local with a zl1 and wants to try it out, I'm more than willing. I'm looking to run one tuned to see the difference or with a pully. I have a run set up vs a 2013 gt500 soon so we could see the difference.

you're not gonna convince anyone, unless you post a pic of your dyno run. then they'll say you messed with the image. a video of the dyno run may help though.

Julio_BOSS
06-21-2012, 12:31 PM
you're not gonna convince anyone, unless you post a pic of your dyno run. then they'll say you messed with the image. a video of the dyno run may help though.

lol well im not going to dyno again to prove myself unless someone wants to pay for it.

JD_AMG
06-21-2012, 04:53 PM

You're seriously going to sit here and try to alter my opinion by stating or posting your opinion? Get over it.

Couldn't find anything could ya? :P
But seriously relax guy. Its sounds to me like you are just butthurt over something.... Why be here if you don't like it?

bill12690
06-21-2012, 05:02 PM
But it is ok to compare the mustang to a vette? That would be like saying its not fair to compare the mustang to a camaro because it has less cubic inches...

The biggest problem with ford, is they are i guess scared of cubic inches. They have almost always had less ci. I do think it is cool that they are able to take 20% less ci and no power adder and beat a much larger engine with a blower.. Some want to complain about the weight, this is what the manufactures are giving us, lets not make excuses as to why something diddent win. Right now we have apples to apples. ss vs 5.0, zl1 vs gt500, v6 vs v6. Ford has finally figured out how to make killer power.

No, not really ok to compare the mustang to the vette. At least not then anyway. I think its based on a price-point. I think cars should be compared with other cars of around the same price range.

And lets not make excuses???? It's not an excuse dude, its a fat ass pig, that doesn't mean its an "excuse". Its a simple fact. I'm not ass hurt because it weighs 4k lbs+, but thats also one reason I don't own a 5th gen.

Something else it seems like people are missing here is the mods on the Boss. I realize its an intake and mid-pipe and tune, and thats it.. But the same amount of money towards the ZL1, you could pulley it. Just like the beauty of the terminators..

adamantium
06-21-2012, 06:43 PM
Couldn't find anything could ya? :P
But seriously relax guy. Its sounds to me like you are just butthurt over something.... Why be here if you don't like it?

Yep, you got me bro.

firebird99
06-21-2012, 11:43 PM
What are you talking about? You're the one who's life goal seems to be defending a car you don't even own on the internet, because you're a GM monger. If you're gonna try to be cheeky atleast have some type of facts to back it up, im the last person to accuse of being ignorant.

Man, are you retarded?

The boss weighs 500lbs less and makes 50-60whp less.

Give it up already.

Vid is proof, what happened, happened. Deal with it.

Yes there is a vid but there is still no proof of power in boss he said around 420-430 so I guess that's set in stone huh?

As far as "life goals" go thats another fail because you spend just as much time on here doing your best to stroke the stang and trash the camaro, hell you even said you don't really care for this site so that just prove your trolling so move on.

adamantium
06-22-2012, 12:30 AM
Yes there is a vid but there is still no proof of power in boss he said around 420-430 so I guess that's set in stone huh?

As far as "life goals" go thats another fail because you spend just as much time on here doing your best to stroke the stang and trash the camaro, hell you even said you don't really care for this site so that just prove your trolling so move on.

No im just local to the boss owner, he posts on the same local forum as me and ive seen him at the spot a couple times.

He actually raced a couple of close friends of mine in his old car. I don't care as much for this site because of people like you.

But i can deal, its the internet and i only go on here for entertainment.

Ive posted in here a handful off times, most of which have been responding to posts directed to me... All you've done is speculate....

firebird99
06-22-2012, 03:55 AM
No im just local to the boss owner, he posts on the same local forum as me and ive seen him at the spot a couple times.

He actually raced a couple of close friends of mine in his old car. I don't care as much for this site because of people like you.

But i can deal, its the internet and i only go on here for entertainment.

Ive posted in here a handful off times, most of which have been responding to posts directed to me... All you've done is speculate....

Just because you know someone that knows someone and because you have seen them in public doesn't give you any more credibility.
1. All I did was ask for a dyno sheet to see if he was bs'ing about his power since he wouldnt admit it.
2. Another "local" person that actually knows BOTH drivers even said the driver of the ZL1 can't shift for crap and that could make the difference since we all know what a good driver mod can do.
3. No matter what type of post it is that fact is you spend the time on this site.

firebird99
06-22-2012, 04:06 AM

You took the time to make a profile then talk about how great of a driver he was then you never responded to one of your buddies when he called you out by saying the guy in the ZL1 can't shift for crap. Also I never said you lied about your power you said "around" 420-430 not this is what it is so I asked for a dyno graph to see if you where bs'ing or not that's not unreasonable to ask for is it? If your car really is that quick good rock on I just wanted to know all the facts sorry if I offended you that was not my intent to do so.

adamantium
06-22-2012, 11:55 AM
Just because you know someone that knows someone and because you have seen them in public doesn't give you any more credibility.
1. All I did was ask for a dyno sheet to see if he was bs'ing about his power since he wouldnt admit it.
2. Another "local" person that actually knows BOTH drivers even said the driver of the ZL1 can't shift for crap and that could make the difference since we all know what a good driver mod can do.
3. No matter what type of post it is that fact is you spend the time on this site.

Dude look at your sig....

I have build threads and other interesting threads i follow.

As for everything else, i could careless im just saying he's never lied about any of his mods in any of his car why would he lie now?

Seriously find someone with a ZL1 who lives in miami or in south florida and point him in the right direction. Done deal.

What i find hilarious is evangto has a boss makes low 4's he's chimed in and several people have even chimed in saying the numbers he claims sound dead on. Why is it so hard to believe about a car with 50 less whp with 500lbs less is going to win? you must be retarded if you think weight has no affect on racing.

He ran a full bolt on gt500 that obviously makes more power than the ZL1 and weighs less and the GT500 pulled a car on him....

But this is going no where, im done posting in here.

What ever helps you sleep at night, go with that.

Julio_BOSS
06-22-2012, 12:10 PM
You took the time to make a profile then talk about how great of a driver he was then you never responded to one of your buddies when he called you out by saying the guy in the ZL1 can't shift for crap. Also I never said you lied about your power you said "around" 420-430 not this is what it is so I asked for a dyno graph to see if you where bs'ing or not that's not unreasonable to ask for is it? If your car really is that quick good rock on I just wanted to know all the facts sorry if I offended you that was not my intent to do so.

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g57/rideagirl/photo-13.jpg

and that 1 guy who said he knew erik never said he knew me because i have no idea who he is...he is the only one saying he cant drive, there are a lot more ppl in diff forums who know the owner of the zl1 can drive. that dyno was from one of the pulls, obviously not the best one and it was cut off at 7500 because the dyno sucks. i say around 420-430 because i dynod 420 on 4th gear, 5th gear will yield more power. not more than 430 so it will be around 420-430. and you really dont need to be a race car driver to do a 40 roll..

firebird99
06-22-2012, 06:06 PM
Dude look at your sig....

I have build threads and other interesting threads i follow.

As for everything else, i could careless im just saying he's never lied about any of his mods in any of his car why would he lie now?

Seriously find someone with a ZL1 who lives in miami or in south florida and point him in the right direction. Done deal.

What i find hilarious is evangto has a boss makes low 4's he's chimed in and several people have even chimed in saying the numbers he claims sound dead on. Why is it so hard to believe about a car with 50 less whp with 500lbs less is going to win? you must be retarded if you think weight has no affect on racing.

He ran a full bolt on gt500 that obviously makes more power than the ZL1 and weighs less and the GT500 pulled a car on him....

But this is going no where, im done posting in here.

What ever helps you sleep at night, go with that.
You don't get the point do you? It wasn't that the car couldn't hit that number just wanted a dyno sheet to prove that maybe it didn't have more the he was telling us why do you act like I'm the first person to ever call for proof of power?People lie all the time and when they get called on it they don't respond this guy did that's all I wanted so stop getting so upset about it.
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g57/rideagirl/photo-13.jpg

and that 1 guy who said he knew erik never said he knew me because i have no idea who he is...he is the only one saying he cant drive, there are a lot more ppl in diff forums who know the owner of the zl1 can drive. that dyno was from one of the pulls, obviously not the best one and it was cut off at 7500 because the dyno sucks. i say around 420-430 because i dynod 420 on 4th gear, 5th gear will yield more power. not more than 430 so it will be around 420-430. and you really dont need to be a race car driver to do a 40 roll..

I could see where you would guess on the 420-430 number given the fact that it looks like its starting to go up again before you ended the pull. My question is why dyno in 4th instead of 5th is there an advantage tuning wise or part of your hustle to show a lower number when calling out for a race? :secret2:

Julio_BOSS
06-22-2012, 07:43 PM
Lol no hustle, would be a bad hustler if I tell ppl it was in forth. I honestly didn't care to see the power but cared to see where it made power. Numbers are numbers. I see the power it's making on the street

firebird99
06-23-2012, 03:47 AM
Do you take to 8k or higher?

MasterTomos
06-23-2012, 02:26 PM
God people need to give this shit a rest.

Julio_BOSS
06-23-2012, 02:26 PM
Do you take to 8k or higher?

8k is the limit on my tune

lichtyr
06-23-2012, 04:05 PM
I own a Muistang California special and it moves its much fasteer that most cameros stock to stock it wins 95 % of the time its a power to weight ratio, I put a Kenne Bell supercharger pushing 500 to the grounmg not many vetts can stay with it with the exception of the Z01 nad Z06 and befor everyone gets bent out of shape I also run a vet 2007 and yes the stang is faster Guys facts are facts doesnt mean much to me I like all hot cars always have , Have a 72 stang 393 stroker engine its bad to the bone but right now I am building a 79 Vette as well .

1ltcap
06-23-2012, 07:46 PM
you should sell your cars, and go back to school.

ULTIMATEORANGESS
06-24-2012, 02:30 PM
you should sell your cars, and go back to school.

rofl.

camaroboy14
06-24-2012, 03:38 PM

This guy sounds like a ford :swing::swing::swing: Lol