New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can't a guy even test his car around here???

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2004, 12:33 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can't a guy even test his car around here???

I was out testing with Predator tonight and dammit...got into 4-5 races. One was with e Vette kind playing back and forth and when we were done, some ricer flies up between us in the middle lane...so I got on it and beat him, let off, beat him, let off.... Then I was 3 lights from home and some dude in a retro looking PT Cruiser type car (box shaped) tried to race me from dead stop. We are at a light 1/2 block from where I wanted to turn off, so the light goes green and I jump out in front of him 4-5 car lengths, give a signal, and come home...lol. The dummy...

Either way it was fun....but these people won't leave me alone!!! One dude when I was doing the 3,500 punch watching for KR thought I was trying to race him, so he kept trying to keep up. Sheeeesh...I'm just testing. Go away!!! lol....
Old 03-31-2004, 12:44 AM
TECH Senior Member

haha, I had a suburban try to race me the 2nd day i had my car..... WTF????
Old 03-31-2004, 12:52 AM
NKAWTG...N

why you guys complaining! nobody races me! not even the ricers...its like they dont even try anymore...they just give up!
Old 03-31-2004, 01:03 AM
Banned

that suburban probably smoked the hell outta your GEO didn't it brandi?
Old 03-31-2004, 01:22 AM
TECH Addict

If only I'd have the same luck you have, I'd smile more often. Around here, it's rare when someone actually tries to race. Don't know what the hell is wrong with some people here, I want to race damnit!
Old 03-31-2004, 08:19 AM
Chop-Foo Director

If you want to race, go to the track.
Old 03-31-2004, 09:21 AM
On The Tree

Haha... the suburban must have been fun. I was just out driving with my girlfriend a few months ago and a big *** ford diesel dually tried to race me... It was sad...
Old 03-31-2004, 09:13 PM
Teching In

I do agree it gets a little ridiculous at times. I have the stupidest vehicles trying to race me all the time. I'm looking over at these people like "are you crazy or stupid or both" heheee trying to race me in things like Range Rovers Escalades F150s and the cars--ohh god try Focus 6 banger Mustangs Pt POS Grand Am Grand Prix and just about every 4 door car on the market. I'm not wasting my gas on em although the trucks are fun occasionally--heh heh
Old 04-01-2004, 06:28 AM
TECH Junkie

Not to rag on anybody, but I swear sometimes the people who post about "dude on a moped tried to race me" are just imagining things. Just because someone is stopped next to you at a light or they happen to pass you in traffic doesn't mean they want to race.

-Mike
Old 04-01-2004, 09:16 AM
TECH Apprentice

Can't we all just get along?
Old 04-01-2004, 12:13 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by chupr0kabra
Not to rag on anybody, but I swear sometimes the people who post about "dude on a moped tried to race me" are just imagining things. Just because someone is stopped next to you at a light or they happen to pass you in traffic doesn't mean they want to race.

-Mike
Good point. But when I'm going down the road doing a 3,500 rpm punch in 3rd watching KR and other stuff and doing 85+ mph...and a ricer comes flying by me...he's trying to race! Or when someone in a PT Cruiser pulls out at a red light next to me, obviously floored, he's trying to race too.

Therefore if it looks to be safe and no cops around, I am required by law to oblige them and put them in their places... Keep in mind what I do at a redlight is quick and painful to them, no 90 mph thru town stuff. I usually jump out in front by so much before the next light, I don't need to speed.
Old 04-01-2004, 12:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

the burban floored it on me...

but still good point.